• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Celtics Made the Right Move with KG & Pierce

RonBorges

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 combined points from Pierce and KG in their Boston Garden return with Brooklyn.

2 great players have crossed over the hill.

Getting draft picks was the right move.

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree now but it was a bitter pill. Honestly, I want them back in Celtic Green on a vet minimum contract so they can retire as Celtics and help us win one more title. The key is getting a draft stud and a superstar like Kevin Love to come over to Boston.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a great move then and now, it is much easier to see that not being a KG and Pierce fan though. It was great of them to waive their no trade clauses to help the Celtics rebuild. It is like when climbers fall and the people at the bottom cut the rope, they were that sacrifice...in a much milder situation.

RonBorges

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree now but it was a bitter pill. Honestly, I want them back in Celtic Green on a vet minimum contract so they can retire as Celtics and help us win one more title. The key is getting a draft stud and a superstar like Kevin Love to come over to Boston.

I think Pierce and possibly KG will be retired before Celtics can compete for a championship

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Botslayer, thats an interesting analogy. I decided to put the Nets as a fav this year just to support those two dudes. I actually thought the rebuild would have started a year earlier. You could see that they, especially KG, could not be the same on a night to night basis.

Crotch, love the idea of bringing them back, doubt it happens. I think they got the welcome this week they deserved. The both bleed green

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying we didn't make the right move, but Pierce went off for 33 last night. Good to see the old man getting back into a rhythm

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he did. And how. He barely missed.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying we didn't make the right move, but Pierce went off for 33 last night. Good to see the old man getting back into a rhythm

Past-their-prime players will have good nights once in a while but it's a random-chance thing that can't be depended on.
Odds are against him having another game like that in the next month.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THese guys over 35 cant be counted on for 30 minutes a game. But on the right team at 20 minutes they are still very valuable

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those players only one won one championship in all of those years - any normal team is going to think trade and rebuild when it becomes clear that they are not going to win with what the team has.

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? Aren't you welcome on your own threads anymore, TLF? Go 'way!

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then don't come unto Lakers threads if you're creating a thread rule....and the truth hurts I guess.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First of all: WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

Second: You don't make the rules - you're not the owner and you're not a moderator

Third: :stfu::finger::finger:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then don't come unto Lakers threads if you're creating a thread rule....and the truth hurts I guess.

I don't understand what his problem is anyway - He is crotch on her monthly period?

It's real simple - KG and Pierce, Ray Allen and Rondo were good players, but they made the finals twice and won ONE CHAMPIONSHIP THAT I CAN COUNT. They choked the second time. Every team in the NBA is going to make changes when their team CHOKES:yahoo:

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand what his problem is anyway - He is crotch on her monthly period?

It's real simple - KG and Pierce, Ray Allen and Rondo were good players, but they made the finals twice and won ONE CHAMPIONSHIP THAT I CAN COUNT. They choked the second time. Every team in the NBA is going to make changes when their team CHOKES:yahoo:

KG and Pierce were getting past their primes and Jason Terry proved himself much less intelligent a ballplayer than either of them his one year in a Celtics uniform. And less willing than either to face facts about what he couldn't do anymore.

Getting old is NOT CHOKING!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KG and Pierce were getting past their primes and Jason Terry proved himself much less intelligent a ballplayer than either of them his one year in a Celtics uniform. And less willing than either to face facts about what he couldn't do anymore.

Getting old is NOT CHOKING!

Getting old is not choking, but my friend choking is partly due to getting old. :lol:

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting old is not choking, but my friend choking is partly due to getting old. :lol:

The politest response to that is your that definition of choking is not the same as mine.

Choking is failing to do things you are still capable of doing.

Trying to do things one could in the past but no longer can is not the same thing or even anywhere close.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtic Laker banter I hope will never get old. The NBA should rig it so you guys suck and are awesome at the same time. I will root for the team that has more of my favorite players on it with a tendency towards Boston but you guys are great for the game, on and off the court.

Bill Russell GOAT!!!!! Kareem a close #2 and after that...who?

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More on that topic, LAL should suck until a couple years after Kobe retires, maybe a little less and BOS is in the beginnings of an at least 3 year rebuild. Both of these teams, GM willing, should be coming back to the top at the same time, how awesome!!!!