• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Celtics '23'24 - Are We Topped Out?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodged a bullet here...

I feel bad for RWIII and wish him the best. No ill will at all.

But that dude is just an injury waiting to happen.

yeah, this was really why I was ok with the Jrue deal more than anything.

They were gonna have to pay bob next summer and I jus didn't see it happening. So getting value for him now made sense.

Portland's mistake was not selling him immediately.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has been a great start to the season... 5-0.

But it is worth noting:
  • The combined record of the opponents we've faced thus far is 11-18
  • We've faced some teams when they were missing key guys... Indiana without Haliburton, Miami without Caleb Martin, the Nets without multiple starters
  • We haven't had any b2b's yet
Still... you can only play the team in front of you, and the Celtics are doing exactly what they are supposed to do: dominating lesser squads.

There's so much potential with this roster... the C's can win a lot of different ways... going big or small.

We're not just a 3 pt shooting team anymore. This version of Boston is getting to the basket and the FT line a lot more.

Let's keep it up.

they didn't.

they suck ginormous donkey balls losing to a team that 2 guys would get major minutes on.

They are Lucy and we are charlie brown....every damn time.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they didn't.

they suck ginormous donkey balls losing to a team that 2 guys would get major minutes on.

They are Lucy and we are charlie brown....every damn time.
Well... hopefully we can get our "in-season tournament" shit off to a good start tonight... Nets got no Cam Thomas (among others), so should be a W.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... hopefully we can get our "in-season tournament" shit off to a good start tonight... Nets got no Cam Thomas (among others), so should be a W.
They’re lucky it’s the wrong year to tank for the lottery

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow, I ended up with League Pass. I'm too much of a cheap skate to ever buy such a thing, but my wife called Direct TV a few months back complaining about something... and as part of consoling us I guess the bastards activated a couple of freebies for our household...

Which has been awesome! I've seen all but a couple of our games this year.

Anywho: here are my random thoughts after 10 games...
  • Porzingis has been a great fit on this team. He can score in multiple ways, and doesn't need the ball in his hands... so he compliments everything. And his defense is above average. What a great get by Stevens and Co.
  • Tatum has gotten a little bit better every year... and this year is no exception. He's still the same player that leans towards ISO, dancing and his outside shot... but Tatum is doing what he does incrementally better and damn if he isn't hard to stop... especially with all the shooting we can surround him with. Defenses can't really leave anybody else in green open, and Tatum is having a field day.
  • Jaylen Brown is the same player he was last year. Electric athlete, good outside shot, strong driving to his right... but also way too many mistakes/turnovers and a guy that good teams can game plan to frustrate. He is what is he at this point.
  • I'm loving Jrue Holiday so far. Watching him play defense is reminiscent of peak Marcus Smart... the dude can guard any position 1-4 and virtually any player in the NBA. The pairing of Derrick White and Jrue together in the backcourt is a killer advantage for the Celtics.
  • Sam Hauser is shooting lights out. He has developed into a very good complimentary player off the bench.
  • Payton Pritchard hasn't been shooting the ball great thus far... but he's playing the game the right way (solid hustle, passing and even rebounding) and I'm glad the kid is finally getting steady minutes.
  • We're 5-0 at home... that's a great recipe for regular season success.
  • Luke Kornet has been competent in limited minutes. Which is fine... that's all we need out of him.
  • I'd like to see a guy like Oshae Brissett get a few more minutes off the bench. He hasn't shot the ball well either, but he's a hustler and it would be nice to have more options in the front court.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow, I ended up with League Pass. I'm too much of a cheap skate to ever buy such a thing, but my wife called Direct TV a few months back complaining about something... and as part of consoling us I guess the bastards activated a couple of freebies for our household...

Which has been awesome! I've seen all but a couple of our games this year.

Anywho: here are my random thoughts after 10 games...
  • Porzingis has been a great fit on this team. He can score in multiple ways, and doesn't need the ball in his hands... so he compliments everything. And his defense is above average. What a great get by Stevens and Co.
  • Tatum has gotten a little bit better every year... and this year is no exception. He's still the same player that leans towards ISO, dancing and his outside shot... but Tatum is doing what he does incrementally better and damn if he isn't hard to stop... especially with all the shooting we can surround him with. Defenses can't really leave anybody else in green open, and Tatum is having a field day.
  • Jaylen Brown is the same player he was last year. Electric athlete, good outside shot, strong driving to his right... but also way too many mistakes/turnovers and a guy that good teams can game plan to frustrate. He is what is he at this point.
  • I'm loving Jrue Holiday so far. Watching him play defense is reminiscent of peak Marcus Smart... the dude can guard any position 1-4 and virtually any player in the NBA. The pairing of Derrick White and Jrue together in the backcourt is a killer advantage for the Celtics.
  • Sam Hauser is shooting lights out. He has developed into a very good complimentary player off the bench.
  • Payton Pritchard hasn't been shooting the ball great thus far... but he's playing the game the right way (solid hustle, passing and even rebounding) and I'm glad the kid is finally getting steady minutes.
  • We're 5-0 at home... that's a great recipe for regular season success.
  • Luke Kornet has been competent in limited minutes. Which is fine... that's all we need out of him.
  • I'd like to see a guy like Oshae Brissett get a few more minutes off the bench. He hasn't shot the ball well either, but he's a hustler and it would be nice to have more options in the front court.

We suck

Brissett can’t shoot

It’s time to use that tpe on little or okeke

And aggregate salaries to get someone else at the 3

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We suck

Brissett can’t shoot

What salaries do you have left to aggregate? I would think that would take Horford. Does anybody still want that guy?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What salaries do you have left to aggregate? I would think that would take Horford. Does anybody still want that guy?

It’s mostly taking 3-4 bench guys and maybe Walsh if it s the right player

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those players are dog shit though? Why would anyone want them?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hauser is a nice role player but what here is worth anything in a trade?

IMG_3634.png

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those players are dog shit though? Why would anyone want them?

They’re just matching salary

The Celtics have most of their firsts and like 9 seconds

They’re not making any huge adds

Mostly just upgrading their bench

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We suck

Brissett can’t shoot

If we suck, basically every other team in the NBA sucks worse.

Their greatest wish is that they could suck as sweet as we do.

:noidea: :think: :behindsofa: :D

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least he knows who he is now.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we suck, basically every other team in the NBA sucks worse.

Their greatest wish is that they could suck as sweet as we do.

:noidea: :think: :behindsofa: :D

Until they lose to much less talented sixers team

That means mazzula needs to get the heave ho

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least he knows who he is now.

Zinger is kind of an ideal #3 type guy...
  • Doesn't need the ball in his hands
  • Stretches the floor
  • Plays good defense
He's also a match-up problem versus most teams. More traditional big don't like following him out to plus range on the perimeter... and Porzingis can post up and/or easily shoot over smaller guys.

PPhan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow, I ended up with League Pass. I'm too much of a cheap skate to ever buy such a thing, but my wife called Direct TV a few months back complaining about something... and as part of consoling us I guess the bastards activated a couple of freebies for our
Thank God for Karen.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank God for Karen.
Amen, brother.

My wife kicks ass at shit like that.

We didn't even ask for LP, either... but my missus put up such a persistent stink about something or other (multiple phone calls, asking to talk to the supervisor, etc)... I think they put together a 'kitchen sink' type offering to make her go away.

what-can-i-say-shes-good.gif