• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cell Phone Breaks (IN Football?)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kingsbury to allow Cardinals 'cellphone breaks'

I think this is a bad idea. I just play ideas like this in my head and have the football coaches in my past respond to what they think. Hell - they didn't give us water breaks until ten years after it was scientifically proven it was causing damage to the players.

Anyone think this gives Kingsbury an edge in the coaching department? His players will remember and execute better because they got cell phone breaks? In my view - if the players are not paying attention because they have to check their phones - they will also not be paying attention after they just came back from checking their phones.

That is all...

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rarely contradict anyone, but in the grand scheme of things, I'm okay with this.

Football is no different than any other job; in fact, having a timed break is probably still more strict than most businesses. I can pull out my cell phone in a meeting and start surfing any site I want, because;

1. My job isn't life or death.
2. I put in hours beyond what I'm paid.
3. It could very well be business related.
4. I need a mental break.

I don't see any of those issues adversely affecting a football player, who has a timed break to do them.

Nothing really to see here, other than an outdated sense of time management. No offense, Mingo. :)

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kingsbury to allow Cardinals 'cellphone breaks'

I think this is a bad idea. I just play ideas like this in my head and have the football coaches in my past respond to what they think. Hell - they didn't give us water breaks until ten years after it was scientifically proven it was causing damage to the players.

Anyone think this gives Kingsbury an edge in the coaching department? His players will remember and execute better because they got cell phone breaks? In my view - if the players are not paying attention because they have to check their phones - they will also not be paying attention after they just came back from checking their phones.

That is all...

Will there be cell phone breaks during the game? If so I love this.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although couched under a sign of the times, I find it incredibly weak that PROFESSIONAL athletes need a cell phone break every 20 minutes. I just don't think that they need to check their Facebook or Instagram accounts, as though there are life and death issues going on. These guys make MILLIONS of dollars to play a game. I would think that they could focus for an hour at a time, without needing to ensure that their apps are updated. Perhaps my age is showing here but I just don't get it.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking meeting times up into smaller chunks isn’t really anything new. If Kingsbury feels it will ultimately result in better focus when he needs it, more power to him.

Doesn’t matter if they make millions or if they are paying for the privilege: the backbone behind the idea is actually sound and proven.

Reactions: LGM