• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CBS Sports ranks college quarterbacks in tiers

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh... @Blackshirts BLVD is definitely not an OSU fan. It doesn't even take reading comprehension to figure that out. Just being able to look at a picture and recognize the CLEARLY Nebraska logo...

MazeandBlew is a whiny lil' flaming idiot

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska will be lucky to be bowl eligible again. So putting a below average player high on lists like this, makes the opinion of the person creating the list subject to criticism.

Cry s'moar.

Wanna make an avy bet on Nebraska being 'bowl eligible'?

I get to pick your avy for a week if they are.

You get to pick my avy for a month if they aren't.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska will be lucky to be bowl eligible again. So putting a below average player high on lists like this, makes the opinion of the person creating the list subject to criticism.

You think Martinez is a below avg player?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Martinez is a below avg player?
Average player? I certainly don't think he's one of the nation's elite QB's or in the realm of a legitimate Heisman contender.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cry s'moar.

I think you'll get there....but that's not saying much.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Average player? I certainly don't think he's one of the nation's elite QB's or in the realm of a legitimate Heisman contender.

Well I guess you're just in the minority then. He has the 3rd best odds to win the Heisman. Behind Tua and Lawrence.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cry s'moar.

I think you'll get there....but that's not saying much.

You walking that shit back now, you sniveling coward?

Back up your bullshit and take the avy bet.

I'm even giving you 4 weeks to 1.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hubert sucks. He’ll choke on the same dick this year as last year in Oregon’s amazing path to the Foster Farms Bowl.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess you're just in the minority then. He has the 3rd best odds to win the Heisman. Behind Tua and Lawrence.
Martinez's average QB rating against Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State and Northwestern last year = 98.96.....Yeah....why would I possibly think that...

It's absurd he's on these lists IMO.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You walking that shit back now, you sniveling coward?

Back up your bullshit and take the avy bet.

I'm even giving you 4 weeks to 1.

I think your schedule sets up for Nebraska to make a bowl. But if you even had remotely a tougher road, they wouldn't. Hence being lucky to make a bowl game. Nebraska is a borderline 6/7 win team even with a cakewalk of a schedule.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martinez's average QB rating against Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State and Northwestern last year = 98.96.....Yeah....why would I possibly think that...

It's absurd he's on these lists IMO.

He was fine against OSU and NW, he was hurt against Michigan and the conditions sucked against MSU. And he was really good against everyone else. 25 TD's as a true freshman is really good. He's gonna go for about 40 TD's this year would be my guess.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was fine against OSU and NW, he was hurt against Michigan and the conditions sucked against MSU. And he was really good against everyone else. 25 TD's as a true freshman is really good. He's gonna go for about 40 TD's this year would be my guess.
He was just OK against OSU but not so great against NW. Cracking a 144 passer rating in a single game against any decent opponent on the schedule isn't great. And sure, he had a decent amount of TDs (only 17 passing TD's by the way)...but again, looking at the same opponents, 0 against Michigan, 1 against NW, 1 against OSU and 0 against MSU. That's 2 TD's against the top 4 opponents (and had 3 INT's against those 4). His rushing TD's are fine, but really only a product of an awful Nebraska team with no running game around him.

I'm not suggesting Patterson should be higher. I'm fine with the potential he has or any ranking he receives....but his average QB ranking against those 3 other teams + ND was 134.1 with 5 TD's and 2 INTs. No, it's not the greatest numbers in the world but it shows a proficiency against better teams that Martinez simply has not shown yet and Martinez in on a team that probably won't be very good. To suggest he can win a heisman this year is, again, silly. And to suggest he's one of the better QB's in the nation, above both Patterson AND justin fields is, again, absurd. Like I said in my first post, I'd be shocked if Fields doesn't end up being statistically better in most categories by the end of the year. I'm not suggesting move Patterson or Fields up, I'm suggesting removing Martinez from this list entirely.

I don't think it's unreasonable to question him being on these lists.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your schedule sets up for Nebraska to make a bowl. But if you even had remotely a tougher road, they wouldn't. Hence being lucky to make a bowl game. Nebraska is a borderline 6/7 win team even with a cakewalk of a schedule.

So no avy bet, you sniveling pussy?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So no avy bet, you sniveling pussy?
Why would I bet on something I don't have great odds of winning? Nebraska will be battling for bowl eligibility, I have no reason to bet on that to prove something.

Also, why do you seem personally offended by me laughing at the idea that a QB who didn't even finish in the top 4 QB rankings in the conference last year, will end up being one of the best QB's in the nation this year?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martinez was an 18 year old true freshman on a team with a brand new head coach installing a brand new offense.

It could only be expected there would be improvements in year two.

However, if you've been stuck in Harbaugh Michigan/Bo Pelini mode for 4 years I could see you no longer having expectations.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martinez was an 18 year old true freshman on a team with a brand new head coach installing a brand new offense.

It could only be expected there would be improvements in year two.

However, if you've been stuck in Harbaugh Michigan/Bo Pelini mode for 4 years I could see you no longer having expectations.
Sure, there's a lot to be hopeful about with Nebraska. But I cna't help but have the feeling about Martinez that many had about Tate Forcier and Rich Rod after Forcier did OK in a few games. Martinez hasn't proven anything yet and people are putting him on Heisman lists. To say it's premature is an understatement. Having expectations and hope is entirely different.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would I bet on something I don't have great odds of winning? Nebraska will be battling for bowl eligibility, I have no reason to bet on that to prove something.

Also, why do you seem personally offended by me laughing at the idea that a QB who didn't even finish in the top 4 QB rankings in the conference last year, will end up being one of the best QB's in the nation this year?

You're the one who said they'd be "lucky" to get bowl eligibility. You know like winning the powerball makes one "lucky".

Lucky means the odds are against someone achieving something. Are you translating your flaming libtard logic over here in saying that "lucky" is something else?

Back up your words and take the avy bet, pussy. I even gave you 1 week to 4 weeks.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, there's a lot to be hopeful about with Nebraska. But I cna't help but have the feeling about Martinez that many had about Tate Forcier and Rich Rod after Forcier did OK in a few games. Martinez hasn't proven anything yet and people are putting him on Heisman lists. To say it's premature is an understatement. Having expectations and hope is entirely different.

You're just sniveling because Shea Patterson is considered a 3rd tier chump.