• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CBS 2017 Top 25 Power Five coaches

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy's a decent coach ... even though he's a whackjob, but they keep hyping him up like he's won multiple Super Bowls.

Exactly...he wins a BT championship he might be number 1 next year.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gets credit for being a brilliant defensive mind but their location gives them one of the best recruiting advantages you can get.
but there are a half-dozen guys ranked behind him I think would do as well or better in his location
Disagree...but not necessarily with your point about where he is ranked. Where I disagree is the points above. It ain't that easy to win at TCU..even with all the talent in the DFW high schools. If it were easy to win at a small private college in the DFW Metroplex, SMU would be a top ranked team too.

Besides competing with the pro sports machines that are the Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks, Stars, there are more Texas, A&M, OU, OSU type alumni in DFW than TCU and SMU alumni. Hell, both daughters and their families live in North Tarrant County...and when I go there I even see Texas Tech logos all over the vehicles as well. Mizzou and the Kansas schools too!

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree...but not necessarily with your point about where he is ranked. Where I disagree is the points above. It ain't that easy to win at TCU..even with all the talent in the DFW high schools. If it were easy to win at a small private college in the DFW Metroplex, SMU would be a top ranked team too.

Besides competing with the pro sports machines that are the Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks, Stars, there are more Texas, A&M, OU, OSU type alumni in DFW than TCU and SMU alumni. Hell, both daughters and their families live in North Tarrant County...and when I go there I even see Texas Tech logos all over the vehicles as well. Mizzou and the Kansas schools too!

SMU was a top ranked program for a while, they just cheated their butts off to get there and haven't recovered. They have a pretty decent coach right now though and if he sticks around they might have some level of success

Ill give Patterson credit for sticking around and building their program, but in his time there Houston has had multiple coaches who would have had a similar level of success had they stuck around. He is good but access to talent really helps.