• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cayenne Peppa over #1 pick

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

who needs a franchise QB when you got Cayenne Peppa?
I think it is smart. I think Dalton doesn't even start week one, or maybe Bryce takes over by week 4. You need to make the young guy earn it, not just be handed the keys, especially with a veteran QB on the roster who has proven he can win in this league. Dalton is no where near the caliber player Young is, especially at this point in their respective careers, but you also want to see how hungry the young QB is to accept competition, rise to the occasion, work his butt off, learn the playbook and earn the starting QB position.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All in all - I have no issues sitting a top draft pick if you have a solid veteran. That would likely be my approach if I were a GM as well.

I think there are pro's and con's to either side, but I think allowing the rookie to get fully integrated with NFL life, the routine, and everything else that comes with it can be a huge positive when they also aren't feeling the weight of a franchise around their necks. Very few have that kind of mental capacity to really just tune things out and keep playing.

Now, that doesn't mean I'd stick with the veteran for a full season, and I would look for ways to get the rookie involved, but in the end, I think there is a lot more good from sitting them, even a small bit, than thrusting them into the fire. Especially if the team around them isn't really set up to win yet, or if you have a lot of new/moving parts. Let those kind of settle in, get a rhythm, and then start adding the QB into the mix.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Panthers will figure out fairly quickly that Young is a better option than Dalton. You saw it last year with Dalton - He'll keep you in it just long enough to get your team to 6 wins, with another 4 or 5 games that could have been won if he could have made one or two more plays. Oh, and there is always an ugly loss or two in there. That's basically the Andy Dalton experience.

Physical limitations aside, Bryce Young strikes me as a guy that can play in the NFL right away. Whenever I watched Alabama (admittedly not a ton), he was always so smooth and so in control of the offense. He just seems like he has all the smarts and poise a young guy would need to come right in and be able to handled things.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Panthers will figure out fairly quickly that Young is a better option than Dalton. You saw it last year with Dalton - He'll keep you in it just long enough to get your team to 6 wins, with another 4 or 5 games that could have been won if he could have made one or two more plays. Oh, and there is always an ugly loss or two in there. That's basically the Andy Dalton experience.

Physical limitations aside, Bryce Young strikes me as a guy that can play in the NFL right away. Whenever I watched Alabama (admittedly not a ton), he was always so smooth and so in control of the offense. He just seems like he has all the smarts and poise a young guy would need to come right in and be able to handled things.
user generated

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way this guy makes it as a passer. unfortunately he's too small. if he runs he will be smooshed

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure hope cayenne peppa has a great year and loses to us in the super bowl