• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cavs targeting LaMarcus & Love

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He found a good PR cover for what he did but unethical types do that frequently.

It's pathetic to say what LeWrong did was okay just because he went to a team you root for!

I would still object to LeWrong's behavior even if he had gone to my native city's Thunder or my adapted city's Celtics.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am failing to see how it is unethical to tell every one live rather than the traditional method of telling your agent to tell the station or sending a fax?

Also I root for players not teams so much, I rooted for him then and often do not like a lot of things he says. The decision or a pep rally are not something I find unethical or even distasteful.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was prior to the TV show that the unethical behavior occurred.

LeWrong didn't need the money the TV extravaganza got him. He was already set for life.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't gross $1 from that TV show, it went to charity. That was the deal to start with and ultimately why he did it.

Ah, so not talking about his FA during the season was unethical? I assume you think how Dwight and Melo acted was unethical a well? If so then it doesn't matter what he says it is unethical to you.

His 3 options as I can see it:

-Talk about it and tell every one he is leaving in the offseason to thoroughly distract the team when they should be focused on playing, what Dwight and Melo did
-Talk about and lie and tell every body he is staying and then leave
-Tell every body he is focused on playing and he will not answer any questions about the future free agency

So which one of those is ethical to you? Or is it just you want to justify your hate?

Superdonk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Portland might have been willing to deal LMA last summer when there was rumors the Blazers would trade him for draft picks and young talent.

But after the year he and the Blazers have been having so far, there is no way he gets traded unless he refuses to resign, which he has already indicated that he would be interested in signing long term in Portland. The Cavs chance for LMA has passed.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta be careful when trading for players who have expiring deals. They don't have to resign with the team they get traded to. I can't imagine Love wanting to stay in Cleveland.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta be careful when trading for players who have expiring deals. They don't have to resign with the team they get traded to. I can't imagine Love wanting to stay in Cleveland.

They aren't trying to trade for expiring deals. They are talking about two players who's contracts don't expire for another year - a year in which they'd presumably try to sign them to extensions.

That's why this whole article is a failure. For a team to move a guy with 2 years left on his contract, they'd have to be completely out of contention and KNOW he will not resign. The odds of that are pretty low for any star player. A team will get everything they can out of that guy before they move him......which means he won't get traded until he is in the last few months of his contract.

They basically have no plan and will get no one, but they will sell to the fans of Cleveland that EVERYONE is in play.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't trying to trade for expiring deals. They are talking about two players who's contracts don't expire for another year - a year in which they'd presumably try to sign them to extensions.

Expiring as in they will only get one year out of them (Love has a player option for 15/16 but will certainly opt out). LMA only has one more year on his contract. The point is, you can trade for a player like them and hope that they'll resign, but nothing is guaranteed. That recently happened with the Lakers. I doubt these guys want to stay long term in Cleveland.