• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Cavs @ Spurs

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can safely say that KYRIE will never shoot 7-7 from 3 and 10-10 from the line.

It just doesn't happen.

He is a good player, but it is ridiculous to suggest he does it all the time.

He played a career game that is probably unlikely to ever be reached again in his lifetime.

true enough- even against Portland, he was 10/10 from the line, but ONLY, 11/19 from 3.....

Portland he went for 55 pts, 10/10 from the FT line, 11/19 from 3, 17/36 from the field

tonight he goes for 57, 10/10 from the FT line, 7/7 from 3, and 20/32 from the field....

really not too far off....but this Spurs game is probably better....in the Portland game he hit the game tying and game winning shot though...

that is crazy he has those 2 games less then 6 weeks apart- and eh kid is only 22 years old....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy thinks Kyrie can just get up out of bed and score 55+ whenever he choose to

I never said that- all though, he does have the #1 and #2 scoring games in the NBA season if I am correct.....AND...as good of a scorer as Dwade was in his career...he never scored 57 ;)

he might not have another 50 point game for 2 years....but you have to admit, having those 2 games 6 weeks apart is pretty crazy stuff

hats off to the Spurs though- they played great. That would be a helluva series if they are both lucky enough to get to the Finals. Parker is just amazing at how he gets in the lane and is just so calm and collected- Duncan sitll has some hops (that tip in-dunk was disgusting), and Leonard LOVES playing against LEBron....fun game

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao you're obsession with the heat especially wade is ridiculous. Couldn't help yourself....had to mention the heat or wade in a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with either

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao you're obsession with the heat especially wade is ridiculous. Couldn't help yourself....had to mention the heat or wade in a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with either

for you to act like they are not connected is insane. DO you know how many times you have compared the two teams? Its an absolutely natural comparison- the league, the media- everyone is going to do that at LEAST for the next couple seasons. Once the playoffs start that is going to be a huge theme- can Kyrie and Love do what Bosh and Wade used to be able to do? too act like their not hugely intertwined is either disengenuine or denial. The Cavs called up about Norris Cole and Riley purposefully dealt him to the Pelicans for what i have see nwas a lesser offer- theres plenty of real drama there-not manufactured....and Love has been understandably compared to Bosh considering the circumstance and Kyrie to Wade. You know and i know that Wade cant do what Kyrie did tonight anymore.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That being said- while Kyrie adapted faster than Wade did to LeBron - its obvious Love is taking longer than Bosh to find his niche.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade/the heat had nothing to do with the Cavs/Spurs game played on March 12th, 2015

But you're right Riley should have sent Cole to the Cavs and got a backup point guard instead of including him in a trade where they got back a starting point guard in return. What an idiot Riley is. How dare he opt for a starting point guard instead of backup point guard!!!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade/the heat had nothing to do with the Cavs/Spurs game played on March 12th, 2015

But you're right Riley should have sent Cole to the Cavs and got a backup point guard instead of including him in a trade where they got back a starting point guard in return. What an idiot Riley is. How dare he opt for a starting point guard instead of backup point guard!!!

wasnt cole traded to new orleans? i didnt know dragic played for the pelicans...and i just used that as an example of bad blood between the teams....

and yah...i just saw it on ESPN...Kyrie Irving has the #1 and #2 scoring games in the NBA this season. Who would have guessed that? I am as big of a KYrie fan as there is and i would have never guessed it that is for sure

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wasnt cole traded to new orleans? i didnt know dragic played for the pelicans...and i just used that as an example of bad blood between the teams....
Wow you're an true idiot.....IT WAS A 3 team deal involving Miami, Phoenix, & New Orleans.

You're right though pat should have traded with the cavs to make you happy instead of getting a starting point guard

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow you're an true idiot.....IT WAS A 3 team deal involving Miami, Phoenix, & New Orleans.

You're right though pat should have traded with the cavs to make you happy instead of getting a starting point guard
hey...I never resorted to personal insults even though you could not read a simple a post. Again, all your personal insults do is make you look sad and bitter and like a hater. So again- ill resort to facts

as good as Dwayne Wade used to be- and he is heralded as one of the best scorers in the NBA at one time..Kyrie Irving has the better scoring game- and he is only 22 years old. The most Wade ever scored is 55- something Kyrie tied about 6 weeks ago.

tonight he broke that mark of Dwade's -going for 57 big points- on the road, against a great opponent, while shooting 100% on 7 3's, and overall 63% from the field. In his whole career- Wade never had a game like Kyrie's tonight.

Gnight!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some interesting stuff...

I read an article just now that said LeBron was 5/13- and looked frusterated in this game- he got into it physically with Leonard, and looked outta sorts....similar to him in those later games in the Finals last year...

tonight, Kyrie stepped up, started going nuts, and all of a sudden the pressure came off James a little, he finished great, and the CAvs win in San Antonio. I bet nights like tonight LeBron feels really good about his decision to come back home. Him and Kyrie have a very bright future playing together- regardless if Love is here for 1 more year, 2 more years or 5 more years.

again, hats off to the Spurs. Great game- they laid in the weeds for a couple months, and now everyone is healthy and they have really turned it on. Parker was unstoppable on offense, Leonard was a beast on both ends, Duncan looked spry, Danny Green lit it up from outside and played like the great role player he is.

That would be a fun fun Finals if it happens.....

57 for THE Kyrie Irving. Only guy with 2 50+ games in a season in NBA History besides MJ, Kobe, and the immortal Tom Chambers! Making history!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey...I never resorted to personal insults even though you could not read a simple a post. Again, all your personal insults do is make you look sad and bitter and like a hater. So again- ill resort to facts

as good as Dwayne Wade used to be- and he is heralded as one of the best scorers in the NBA at one time..Kyrie Irving has the better scoring game- and he is only 22 years old. The most Wade ever scored is 55- something Kyrie tied about 6 weeks ago.

tonight he broke that mark of Dwade's -going for 57 big points- on the road, against a great opponent, while shooting 100% on 7 3's, and overall 63% from the field. In his whole career- Wade never had a game like Kyrie's tonight.

Gnight!

And you're still talking about wade? Talk about being obsessed

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also before we get all crazy talking about kyrie a better scorer than wade, please let's not forget what wade did yearly in his prime. Wade was avg 27,8, & 5 in his 3rd year in the league. After his rookie year, Wade went 7 straight years averaging at least 24 ppg ( in 5 of the 7 he was at 25 ppg or more) and in addition to this since his 2nd year in the nba he has shot 47% or more in every single season. Oh yeah let's not forget what he did in the 06 finals in what espn considers the best finals performance in nba history as all he did was avg 35,8 & 4 on 46% shooting.

Is kyrie a better pure scorer currently than Wade in his 12th nba season? Yes but funny thing is with no LeBron on the team to give him easy baskets, Wade is still averaging almost the same ppg as Kyrie but the more impressive thing is he is still shooting a better % than Kyrie. Saying kyrie is a better scorer than wade because his career high is more than Wades career high is as dumb as saying player A is a better power hitter than player B in baseball because player A career high for hrs in a game is 4 while player B career high is 3 even though player B clearly has had the better power numbers throughout his career

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing Kyrie that helps lebron a ton, that wade Wade could never is stretch the floor. The spurs weren't even guarding him last year because he couldn't shoot and was too slow to penetrate. They just clogged the lane on LeBron.

Can't do that to Kyrie. Also, its not even worth trying to compare Wade and Irving as players when you think about Kyrie being this early in his career and Wade being near the end. LeBron pretty much got one "prime" year of dwade and then the injuries hit.

Of course Wade has more accolades and better moments, but Kyrie is a much better fit for LeBron than Dwade ever was. the question is, will that lead to anything? If KLove doesn't figure out his role then they won't be winning a 'ship. But if he does, this is a scary team.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also before we get all crazy talking about kyrie a better scorer than wade, please let's not forget what wade did yearly in his prime. Wade was avg 27,8, & 5 in his 3rd year in the league. After his rookie year, Wade went 7 straight years averaging at least 24 ppg ( in 5 of the 7 he was at 25 ppg or more) and in addition to this since his 2nd year in the nba he has shot 47% or more in every single season. Oh yeah let's not forget what he did in the 06 finals in what espn considers the best finals performance in nba history as all he did was avg 35,8 & 4 on 46% shooting.

Is kyrie a better pure scorer currently than Wade in his 12th nba season? Yes but funny thing is with no LeBron on the team to give him easy baskets, Wade is still averaging almost the same ppg as Kyrie but the more impressive thing is he is still shooting a better % than Kyrie. Saying kyrie is a better scorer than wade because his career high is more than Wades career high is as dumb as saying player A is a better power hitter than player B in baseball because player A career high for hrs in a game is 4 while player B career high is 3 even though player B clearly has had the better power numbers throughout his career

C'mon now, this is a silly comparison. Wade is getting an extra half a shot and free throw a game and averaging about a point less.

But what is even sillier is your claim about shooting % and you know it.

Dwade:
2pt%- 7.8-15.7 49.7%
3pt%- 0.4-1.6 27.8% (its not exactly 1.6 attempts per game)
True shooting%- 53.4% (adjust for 3's and free throws)

Kyrie:
2pt%- 5.7-11.6 49.1%
3pt%- 2.1-5.1 41.0%
TS%- 58.4%

Dwade is having a great season, all things considered. But lets not skew facts, Kyrie has been far more efficient. The only reason he shoots a lower total % than dwade is his high number of 3pt attempts. But of course shooting 41% on 3's is equal to shooting 62% on 2's, so we need to account for that.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't think anyone would disagree that kyrie is a better fit for LeBron than Wade was as LeBron & Wade basically did the same things. They still made it work but it didn't come as natural as it did for Kyrie.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy might still have been in pre school, so ill give him a pass, but Wade won a league scoring title when the 2 nd best player on the team was J.O..
Kyrie has a very long way to go.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of day nobody with a brain would make the claim that wiggy is trying to make which is that kyrie has had a better career than Wade. Even if you just compare their first 4 seasons, wade career has been much better

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of day nobody with a brain would make the claim that wiggy is trying to make which is that kyrie has had a better career than Wade. Even if you just compare their first 4 seasons, wade career has been much better

I didn't read the whole thread, but if he implied that, it's ludicrous.
Wade has 3 rings, a Finals MVP, etc...
Kyrie will be making his first playoff appearance, only because he now plays with James.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't read the whole thread, but if he implied that, it's ludicrous.
Wade has 3 rings, a Finals MVP, etc...
Kyrie will be making his first playoff appearance, only because he now plays with James.

Well he didn't exactly say that but every time kyrie has a big game he bring up Wade with some smart remark....but the fact that he keeps trying to compare kyrie individual performances to Wade does come across as he think Kyrie is the better player and wade was chop liver when he was in his prime. I'll be shocked if he watched 10 d-wade games excluding games against Cleveland from 2003-2012

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't read through all of it, but I'd assume he is comparing Wade now to Kyrie now.

I'd take Kyrie now.
Wade has the better career. thats obvious and dumb to even have to say.
Wade in his prime is better, but Kyrie will always be a more natural fit for LeBron (and still hasn't hit his prime, so who knows what the future has, but he won't have Wade's numbers if he plays with LeBron through his prime).