• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cavs Brooklyn Pick

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If CLE front office agrees with you, they should deal the pick this month.

Yep. You don't want to wait til January or Feb when the Nets are better than 4 or 5 other teams and only a few games behind another team or 2.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get how there's been no improvement on free throws in his career. The best he ever shot was 41%. Been under 39% 4 of his 5 seasons. Even DJ showed some improvement. Went from 38% in 2012-2013 to 48% in 2016-2017. It's not great but still show signs of working on it.
It's gotta be largely mental with him. I know he works on it a lot.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd keep it. Lebron's probably gone next summer. They'll need the pick to start a rebuild post Lebron.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
itll just be very interesting to see what happens......Drummond playing with LeBron would be interesting. He could get a lot out of him and would give the Cavs a real rim protector for the first time ever.

adding Bradley would be a perfect guy to cover Curry and give the Cavs some real options.

A crunch time lineup of something like:

G- Wade
G- Bradley
SF- Crowder
point forward- Bron
c- Drummond

would be interesting --- Wade on Klay- Bradley on Curry, Crowder on KD, LeBron on Draymond, Drummond on Poopchulia.

Crunch time, Drummond would get killed out there. The Warriors would go small. Drummond isn't really a threat on offense (although I've seen him have flashes at times), and couldn't guard on the perimeter. You'd have essentially the same problem as you do with TT out there. Bradley and potentially Wade would be massive upgrades though defensively for your team and help a lot.

Just my 2 cents.

I believe the Cavs will have to ride out some of the season at least to see whichever teams are fizzling and what marquee names are out there. I don't think the Brooklyn pick will be enough to get two great players like in your examples with NY and Memphis, but there are some second tier players that could help a lot. The problem becomes what if the Cavs are still dominant in the East? Do they still want to trade the pick knowing that they're still dominating? It makes a lot easier to trade the pick if the team is struggling a bit and could use another big piece to the puzzle. It makes it more difficult if you guys are still smashing all the competition out there, which is still a high likelyhood even if IT misses significant time.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep it, but also keep it available. For at least 1 more season, the Cavs are chasing the Warriors and only the Warriors. If a deal can be made that gives them a legit shot at taking down the Warriors, then you trade it. Preferably for players who are not on expiring contracts. Anything less and you are mortgaging your future to chase a title you aren't going to win and then lose Lebron after the season as well.

If you aren't presented with a trade offer that gives you a legit shot at the Warriors, then you have what will likely be a very high pick in what is supposed to be a very good draft to start your rebuild.

Important to remember, you can always trade the pick, but you have to be careful because once you trade it, you can't get it back.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Important to remember, you can always trade the pick, but you have to be careful because once you trade it, you can't get it back.

kramer-mind-blown.gif

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As a Lakers fan, I learned that lesson the hard way when the Dwight/Nash deal imploded and the Lakers had to scramble just to get some kind of decent picks. Even then, they still don't have one this coming draft. Talk about the gift that keeps on giving. lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me. If they stay pretty healthy, they're going to win close to 30 games IMO.

I would be willing to bet they don't.

De'Angelo Russell might legitimately make them worse. He is me first all the way.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be willing to bet they don't.

De'Angelo Russell might legitimately make them worse. He is me first all the way.

2 week av bet? I'm going to say they win 28+ games. Deal?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds good

You might be a degenerate if....

You bet on things that have absolutely no personal interest to you (like the Nets won total).

I think that might be us.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I hope the Bulls don't make a run at Lebron next year. They'll have alot of cash and can go after a few FAs

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might be a degenerate if....

You bet on things that have absolutely no personal interest to you (like the Nets won total).

I think that might be us.
Well, I'm pulling for Bks that's all I know.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind that. Salary wise the Cavs would probably have to ship out TT & Shump and use a trade exception.

Bradley would be what makes this deal for me. He would be perfect to have against the Warriors.

Overall, Drummond is an upgrade on TT, but I do think that TT is actually the better matchup for the Warriors.
Really, after that performance in the Finals you think TT is the better matchup for the Warriors? I think a player like Drummond is what you need if you want to matchup against the Warriors on defense.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Lakers fan, I learned that lesson the hard way when the Dwight/Nash deal imploded and the Lakers had to scramble just to get some kind of decent picks. Even then, they still don't have one this coming draft. Talk about the gift that keeps on giving. lol
dont forget giving up a 1st rounder AND a pick swap with the Cavs in order to get 3 months of Ramon Sessions and save money on Luke Walton's contract.

or giving a first rounder to the Rockets to take Fishers crappy deal.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, after that performance in the Finals you think TT is the better matchup for the Warriors? I think a player like Drummond is what you need if you want to matchup against the Warriors on defense.

No way.

TT is a much better perimeter defender than Drummond.

Not saying TT can't be upgraded, but an old school rim protector that isn't an offensive threat is not the answer.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way.

TT is a much better perimeter defender than Drummond.

Not saying TT can't be upgraded, but an old school rim protector that isn't an offensive threat is not the answer.
I agree that Drummond isn't a good perimeter defender - but that's not how he should be used anyway against the Warriors IMO.