• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cavs Brooklyn Pick

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are already rumors that numerous teams have called the Cavs about the pick

should the CAvs deal it?

and if they deal it who are the best guys they could target?

the 2 deals I like would potentially do- would be blockbusters

1. To the Knicks for a package of Porzinigis and Carmelo

2. To the Grizzlies with quite a bit else for Conley and Gasol.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd hold onto it. Lebron's likely gone. The player I've seen in trade rumors is Cousins. New Orleans is going to try and hold onto him and see if he fits with Davis. If he gets traded, it would be around the trade deadline. That's less than 2 months until the playoffs to get chemistry going; which you already know IT's going to miss time.

On top of that, I'm not sure how I'd feel about Cousins being level headed on a title contending team.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd keep it.

Having a top five pick in 2018 will speed up the rebuild when BronBron shocks the world and comes to the Pistons next summer.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
quite honestly if i were the Cavs i'd see how my year was going(obviously before the trade deadline). if the feel there's a player out there that gives them a LEGIT shot at the the Warriors then you got something pretty decent to dangle in a "blockbuster trade"...

if not, as has already been mentioned, you stash it and prepare for your rebuild...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are already rumors that numerous teams have called the Cavs about the pick

should the CAvs deal it?

Yes they should. I think their best chance of keeping Lebron is to deal the pick and try to get a star back in return so they can win a title this year. Going to be tough to keep Lebron if they don't win a title this year. As they said Mike&Mike, hard to see Miami leaving Cleveland after winning his 2nd title in 3 years

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You deal it for the best win-now talent you can find.

If the Cavs start planning for life without LeBron, they are essentially opening the door and politely asking him to leave. All for the sake of sucking slightly less post-LeBron than they otherwise would.

The Cavs have a top-5 all-time player on their team. That's an opportunity that only the Lakers and Bulls have ever had. Most franchises will never get that chance. Deliberately letting that opportunity fizzle out prematurely would be such a Cleveland thing to do. But I hope they don't.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You deal it for the best win-now talent you can find.

If the Cavs start planning for life without LeBron, they are essentially opening the door and politely asking him to leave. All for the sake of sucking slightly less post-LeBron than they otherwise would.

The Cavs have a top-5 all-time player on their team. That's an opportunity that only the Lakers and Bulls have ever had. Most franchises will never get that chance. Deliberately letting that opportunity fizzle out prematurely would be such a Cleveland thing to do. But I hope they don't.
what about a deal surrounding Avery Bradley and Andre Drummond? how would you feel about that?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what about a deal surrounding Avery Bradley and Andre Drummond? how would you feel about that?

I wouldn't mind that. Salary wise the Cavs would probably have to ship out TT & Shump and use a trade exception.

Bradley would be what makes this deal for me. He would be perfect to have against the Warriors.

Overall, Drummond is an upgrade on TT, but I do think that TT is actually the better matchup for the Warriors.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind that. Salary wise the Cavs would probably have to ship out TT & Shump and use a trade exception.

Bradley would be what makes this deal for me. He would be perfect to have against the Warriors.

Overall, Drummond is an upgrade on TT, but I do think that TT is actually the better matchup for the Warriors.
itll just be very interesting to see what happens......Drummond playing with LeBron would be interesting. He could get a lot out of him and would give the Cavs a real rim protector for the first time ever.

adding Bradley would be a perfect guy to cover Curry and give the Cavs some real options.

A crunch time lineup of something like:

G- Wade
G- Bradley
SF- Crowder
point forward- Bron
c- Drummond

would be interesting --- Wade on Klay- Bradley on Curry, Crowder on KD, LeBron on Draymond, Drummond on Poopchulia.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
itll just be very interesting to see what happens......Drummond playing with LeBron would be interesting. He could get a lot out of him and would give the Cavs a real rim protector for the first time ever.

adding Bradley would be a perfect guy to cover Curry and give the Cavs some real options.

A crunch time lineup of something like:

G- Wade
G- Bradley
SF- Crowder
point forward- Bron
c- Drummond

would be interesting --- Wade on Klay- Bradley on Curry, Crowder on KD, LeBron on Draymond, Drummond on Poopchulia.

Yeah, it would definitely give them a very solid defensive lineup to use at times - which they haven't really had since LeBron returned.

And a guy like Bradley is perfect because he still brings it on the offensive end. Too many of the Cavs players are 1-way players. Bradley is a true 2-way player.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

should the CAvs deal it?

That's a bit of a hefty price for a draft pick of an unknown number, don't ya think?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah Drummond would be terrible against the Warriors. I'm just not a big Drummond fan

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a bit of a hefty price for a draft pick of an unknown number, don't ya think?

Yeah, I don't think the Knicks would do that unless Porzingis became adamant about getting out of NY - and I think he's fine now that Phil is gone.

As for the Grizzlies, I think they would IF they decided it was time to rebuild... but they haven't shown any intention of doing that so far.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Drummond would be terrible against the Warriors. I'm just not a big Drummond fan
Same here. TT brings it too man, I think Cle would miss his intensity in the Finals.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here. TT brings it too man, I think Cle would miss his intensity in the Finals.

Can you imagine how funny it would be to see sorry ass Drummond getting hacked in the 4th quarter of the NBA finals?

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you imagine how funny it would be to see sorry ass Drummond getting hacked in the 4th quarter of the NBA finals?

cropped_drummondair.gif

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just took a look at the Nets first 10 games. Holy crap its an easy start.

@Indiana, vs Orlando, vs Atlanta, @Orlando, vs Cleveland, @ New York Knicks, vs Denver, vs Phoenix, @Los Angeles Lakers, @Phoenix.

Nets could easily win 6-8 of those first 10.

If that happens... Cavs would probably have to either deal the pick before the season starts, or wait until close to the trade deadline when the Nets record comes back down to earth.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just took a look at the Nets first 10 games. Holy crap its an easy start.

@Indiana, vs Orlando, vs Atlanta, @Orlando, vs Cleveland, @ New York Knicks, vs Denver, vs Phoenix, @Los Angeles Lakers, @Phoenix.

Nets could easily win 6-8 of those first 10.

If that happens... Cavs would probably have to either deal the pick before the season starts, or wait until close to the trade deadline when the Nets record comes back down to earth.

Trust me. If they stay pretty healthy, they're going to win close to 30 games IMO.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me. If they stay pretty healthy, they're going to win close to 30 games IMO.

If CLE front office agrees with you, they should deal the pick this month.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just don't get how there's been no improvement on free throws in his career. The best he ever shot was 41%. Been under 39% 4 of his 5 seasons. Even DJ showed some improvement. Went from 38% in 2012-2013 to 48% in 2016-2017. It's not great but still show signs of working on it.