• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Catch the f-ing football"

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hasn't been a huge problem but blowing off OTAs last spring says to me same old DJax.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really defending DPD but I think there is some truth to what he is saying. I remember reading before the Djax trade how players did not like him. The same was said about McCoy as well. I also read that Reid had to have several conversations with Djax about his behavior and the things he did.

Did they hate him? I don't know....those are pretty strong words but I do remember hearing about "issues" within the locker room.

IIRC around the time that the DJax saga played out, reports came out that only two people on the team were able to somewhat handle Jackson: Michael Vick and Jason Avant. The implication was that their departure also played a role in the decision to cut ties with him.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really defending DPD but I think there is some truth to what he is saying. I remember reading before the Djax trade how players did not like him. The same was said about McCoy as well. I also read that Reid had to have several conversations with Djax about his behavior and the things he did.

Did they hate him? I don't know....those are pretty strong words but I do remember hearing about "issues" within the locker room.

issues in the locker room is not the same as hating someone. And in fact is no reference to maclin whatsoever.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
issues in the locker room is not the same as hating someone. And in fact is no reference to maclin whatsoever.

Two separate documented spats at practices. But most telling is the third link where Maclin is directly asked what he thinks of Jackson. An interesting non-answer.

Then as discussed earlier, they sign Maclin and put Jackson on the market the next day. The organization made a choice and its not a stretch to reason that it was at the behest of Maclin. Maclin is too classy to ever say so publicly.

Jeremy Maclin and DeSean Jackson get into spat

DeSean and Maclin in receivers' quarrel

Do DeSean Jackson's Teammates Want Him Back? - Birds 24/7

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two separate documented spats at practices. But most telling is the third link where Maclin is directly asked what he thinks of Jackson. An interesting non-answer.

Then as discussed earlier, they sign Maclin and put Jackson on the market the next day. The organization made a choice and its not a stretch to reason that it was at the behest of Maclin. Maclin is too classy to ever say so publicly.

Jeremy Maclin and DeSean Jackson get into spat

From your second article..
"It's training camp. There's no bad vibe between us two," Maclin said. "We talked something out and that's all it was. I don't hate him, he doesn't hate me. We're still good. We're still friends. There was a little mix up and it's all good now."

Read more at DeSean and Maclin in receivers' quarrel

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From your second article..
"It's training camp. There's no bad vibe between us two," Maclin said. "We talked something out and that's all it was. I don't hate him, he doesn't hate me. We're still good. We're still friends. There was a little mix up and it's all good now."

Read more at DeSean and Maclin in receivers' quarrel

Um Yeah. You believe what people say over what they do? Maclin always says the right thing. It means nothing.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um Yeah. You believe what people say over what they do? Maclin always says the right thing. It means nothing.

Probably best not to reference articles as a basis for your opinions and then turn around five minutes later and say they mean nothing

Just a thought.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably best not to reference articles as a basis for your opinions and then turn around five minutes later and say they mean nothing

Just a thought.

The relevant facts were that Maclin got in two fights that were documented as teammates.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jeremy Maclin and DeSean Jackson get into spat

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/10/jeremy-maclin-and-desean-jackson-get-into-spat/

That's rather pathetic isn't it. Spats? Guys yelling at each other? Really? :trash:

Oh yeah. The organization bows to Maclin's wishes. And then they let him go.
This just goes from bad to worse. It's like determine who's better when they run around in shorts. How'd that work out for you?:rolleyes2:

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's rather pathetic isn't it. Spats? Guys yelling at each other? Really? :trash:

Oh yeah. The organization bows to Maclin's wishes. And then they let him go.
This just goes from bad to worse. It's like determine who's better when they run around in shorts. How'd that work out for you?:rolleyes2:

I am fine with all this logic. Someone asked me why I believe it was Maclin or DJAX and I explain with several references. There really is no question the two didn't like each other. There also is no question they signed Maclin (who was a FA and free to go anywhere) and put DJAX on the market the next day. Go ahead and believe what you will. Not at all ludicrous to connect the dots.

You are also inaccurate to say that they let Maclin go. Maclin left. He was a Free Agent. The organization did not have final say on the decision. Maclin did.

Not sure I understand the shorts comment? How is Mathis doing? Tobin, Gardner, Mathis, Gardner. They all seem like the same player to me. All fairly average.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Kelce applauded Djax's departure on twitter, iirc saying "now the team is moving in the right direction" or something to that effect. no one else spoke out like that iirc.

What goes around will come around on Kelce this offseason.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fine with all this logic. Someone asked me why I believe it was Maclin or DJAX and I explain with several references. There really is no question the two didn't like each other. There also is no question they signed Maclin (who was a FA and free to go anywhere) and put DJAX on the market the next day. Go ahead and believe what you will. Not at all ludicrous to connect the dots.

You are also inaccurate to say that they let Maclin go. Maclin left. He was a Free Agent. The organization did not have final say on the decision. Maclin did.

Not sure I understand the shorts comment? How is Mathis doing? Tobin, Gardner, Mathis, Gardner. They all seem like the same player to me. All fairly average.

You made the claim that Maclin hated jackson. That has yet to be substantiated.
And yes they let Maclin go when they didn't pony up.
They're all the same player? Strange last year with Mathis in the lineup the run offence was avg 124 ypg, +10 more than this group (take out the NO game and its been worse). And they gave up 9 sacks last v 15 this year to this point. And you think it's all the same.:trash: