• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Case Keenum a Bronco

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw plenty of him last year, was impressed. Hopefully that success continues. The deal is set up nice. Not locked in long term if he doesn't succeed here, and if he does we will probably extend him.

If we draft a QB early or not will be interesting.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw plenty of him last year, was impressed. Hopefully that success continues. The deal is set up nice. Not locked in long term if he doesn't succeed here, and if he does we will probably extend him.

If we draft a QB early or not will be interesting.

Guarantee the Broncos do not draft a QB with the 5 pick.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a dumb move by Elway. He has proven that he cannot develope young talent that he evaluates. Siemian, Lynch, Osweiller. Maybe others too.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think I am starting to not want them to use the 5th pick on a QB. I kind of like the trade down idea with Buffalo. We have a lot of holes to be filled, so going with quality over quantity might be a good way to go. We will see what Elway and company think. If we draft a QB Lynch or Kelly will not make the final roster. If the Broncos think one of them can be the QB of the future, or maybe it is Case then why draft one this year. If they are going to put the best roster together for Vance and company that would not be drafting a QB high. Drafting a QB high might be the best move for the future of the Broncos though too.

Tough choices. I am glad I don't have to make them.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am going to guess there is one we REALLY love but don't expect him there, if he is there we will be tempted, if not and in all liklihood we probably don't go QB at 5. I think Nelson is a front runner and maybe a slight move down. Next would be perhaps Bradley Chubb.

I don't think Elway's inability to develop a QB will keep him away from drafting one if he REALLY wants one though. GM's/scout don't fear their past. Their attitudes are not like that. They're confident. They won't blame themselves for not developing someone. To me it really isn't about developing a QB poorly, it is about the QB you're drafting. More of an evaluation then developing issue IMO. Everyone keeps talking about how Elway can't develop a QB... That isn't the problem, IMO. Evaluating is the real problem. I am with Mingo although I won't guarantee Denver doesn't draft a QB, but I think the mindset is that they won't, but if someone slips that they REALLY love, having two QB's you like is a great problem to have. Especially with Keenum not locked in long term. If we signed him to a 5 year deal way different story. I won't be surprised if we still go QB at 5, but I wouldn't have QB if I were to do a mock today for Denver. Remember last year the Bears gave Mike Glennon a big contract and took Trubisky at #2 thinking they wouldn't take him, it worked out pretty well for them to go that route as Glennon was terrible. Keenum is better then Glennon but just keeping in mind that QB is a huge priority in the NFL to win, and if you have two good ones's it is a great problem to have, especially when your #1 now isn't locked in long term. We have a lot of needs, I get it. But it is the QB position we're talking about.

When you have teams moving up and taking guys like EJ Manuel, Christian Ponder, Jake Locker etc in round 1 you know how hard it is to find a good QB. If there is one you REALLY like it's hard to pass when you have no sure bet currently sitting there.

I do like Keenum. I feel much better at QB then I did before FA started, but just saying... Ya gotta take the QB position very serious, and you can't let a great QB pass up if you have that kind of grade on him. So don't sleep on it.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ohh bet me!!!! bet me!!!

Broncos WILL draft a round 1 QB. (need the language to be a bit different in case they trade up ;) )

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they don't trade up. That is going to be extremely expensive. Who do you think the target is? I think it has to be Rosen or Darnold if we are trading up. We should be able to stand pat and get Allen or Mayfield. A trade down and should still get Rudolph.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ohh bet me!!!! bet me!!!

Broncos WILL draft a round 1 QB. (need the language to be a bit different in case they trade up ;) )

I'll will make a bet that the Broncos will not draft a QB pick 5 or higher. They may find themselves late in round one with a pick somehow and pick a QB. I base this on the thought that - another position impact player - will more likely help this team get to the playoffs - without tying up a hot shot QB to ride the pine behind the Keenum starter - also full of articles about Lynch being a flop etc.

So Doc - bring it - if that is what you believe.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll will make a bet that the Broncos will not draft a QB pick 5 or higher. They may find themselves late in round one with a pick somehow and pick a QB. I base this on the thought that - another position impact player - will more likely help this team get to the playoffs - without tying up a hot shot QB to ride the pine behind the Keenum starter - also full of articles about Lynch being a flop etc.

LOL well idk... they could trade back in to the end of round 1... let me think on it lol

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they don't trade up. That is going to be extremely expensive. Who do you think the target is? I think it has to be Rosen or Darnold if we are trading up. We should be able to stand pat and get Allen or Mayfield. A trade down and should still get Rudolph.

was dabbling a bit thinking about it. would have to be similar to Browns Eagles trade

2 to 5?
If you believe in the guy I think you offer the Eagles – Browns deal…

Browns got:
No. 8 (traded to TEN, OT Jack Conklin)
Third-round pick (traded to CAR, CB Daryl Worley)
Fourth-round pick (traded to OAK, QB Connor Cook)
First-round pick in ’17
Second-round pick in ’18

Eagles got:
No. 2 (Wentz)
Conditional fifth-round pick in ’17 (can become a fourth)

So maybe something like…
Broncos Get:
2nd overall (Rosen)
2019 round 4/5 conditional pick

Giants get:
5th overall
2018 2nd
2018 third (comp)
2019 2nd
2020 3rd

Due to having the 5th pick (still high value) and the depth of picks, Denver can offer 1, 2, and a 3 this year and save their 1 next year in this scenario… It’s a hefty price, but you still get a high 3 this year along with keeping two 4s (both very high in the 4th) and 3 5ths, which denver can use to either, keep filling out the roster, or package to move up back into day 2…

If Rosen is YOUR guy, I think this is a deal I would absolutely do… who knows tho, purely speculation lol

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure that any of the QBs in this draft is that sure of a thing. Sit tight and see what falls to you. The Giants may not take a QB, the Colts won't take a QB, and the Browns are only taking 1 QB. So Rosen may fall to us anyway.

1. Browns - Darnold
2. Giants - Nelson or Barkley
3. Colts - Barkley, Chub, or Nelson
4. Browns - Barkley or a defensive guy

Now the Browns could trade the 4 pick to someone and move down and that would throw a monkey wrench in the scenario Buffalo or the Jets are really the only teams I could see trading up in front of us.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im telling ya watch out for Mason Rudolph to Denver.... Using that 2nd round pick to come up.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im telling ya watch out for Mason Rudolph to Denver.... Using that 2nd round pick to come up.
If Buffalo is looking to move up it might give us an option to get 12 and 22. We could potentially get at 22 Rudolph and someone else at 12. Maybe Josh Jackson or Roquan Smith.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like we are bringing in first round level QB's for private workouts now too.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like we are bringing in first round level QB's for private workouts now too.

I guess in my jaded sense of things - that's the Broncos establishing the value of pick 5

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. Everything happens for a reason I guess. (well not everything
Everything happens for a reason only applies to positive things or outcomes.

I prefer freewill, but.... will also grab a moment or situation of destiny every chance I get.

:nod:

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Washington DT or Pass Rusher Chubb or Denver trades with Buffalo for their 12 and 20 ( ish ) :)