• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carlos Beltran and the Hall of Fame

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than MiamiVice, I can't think of anyone on this board who spews more bullshit than you. You're like clockwork and it's fascinating to watch.

Don't flatter yourself, hammer...you're right up there.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a 3-4 year span where he was the best all around CF in the game. Hits for power, solid average, amazing baserunner, GG D that puts other players to shame. I say he's absolutely a HOF.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than MiamiVice, I can't think of anyone on this board who spews more bullshit than you. You're like clockwork and it's fascinating to watch.

"I'm not obsessed with HammerDown." - ImSmartherThanYou

"Still a productive hitter?" Are you not watching what this guy is doing? He's an alien. After suffering injuries that would normally end a player's career, Beltran is only getting better with age.

Hey, I know!

Let's ask Tony Galea what he knows about Beltran's extraordinary ability to heal from devastating injuries while outproducing literally everyone at his age.

Maybe Tony Galea and federal investigators might know something we don't? :noidea:

no, not really

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think steroid allegations are going to keep him out?

Took the words right out of my mouth because I would never vote for someone I knew used steroids, but unfortunately that will probably disqualify everyone that played in the steroid era(before they began to crack down on it)

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, not really

His best stretch was 2003-2008 (with the outlier 2005), when he was 26-31 years old.

So as expected, Hammer doesn't know what he's talking about.

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"I'm not obsessed with HammerDown." - ImSmartherThanYou

"Still a productive hitter?" Are you not watching what this guy is doing? He's an alien. After suffering injuries that would normally end a player's career, Beltran is only getting better with age.

Hey, I know!

Let's ask Tony Galea what he knows about Beltran's extraordinary ability to heal from devastating injuries while outproducing literally everyone at his age.

Maybe Tony Galea and federal investigators might know something we don't? :noidea:
Getting better with age? You must have an interesting definition of "better". Beltran's numbers the past two years have been solid but unspectacular, and worse than his peak years. His AVG/OBP/SLG are all down. His WAR is down. He's lost a step on the bases and in the field.

Only to a raving, childish, delusional witch hunter like yourself would his numbers be considered "better".

And how am I obsessed with you? Care to explain that to me? Don't flatter yourself, son.

And again, I ask: For someone who is so offended by PED use in baseball, how can you possibly be a football fan? I'm amazed you aren't out picketing Charger games or something. Or are you just a hypocrite?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't disqualify guys from the steroid era because it just means they were better than every other steroid user. It's kinda like "Oh Lance Armstrong cheated he's a fraud". Ok so did the 20 guys that finished behind him who also tested positive. He was the best of the roided up guys.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to believe he's already 36.

I kept thinking that if the Astros had been able to keep him from going to the Mets, they would have won a World Series.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hard to believe he's already 36.

I kept thinking that if the Astros had been able to keep him from going to the Mets, they would have won a World Series.

I was thinking of him in that one post-season for Houston when he just went off. That was otherworldly. The guy was a great player in every aspect of the game. I think he deserves the nod. I'm not getting into the other shit. I'm done with that conversation, sick and tired of it.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Carlos Beltran be DFA'ed soon?

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always liked Beltran, such a solid player, that said I don't see him as a Hall of Famer.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without looking in detail, my gut says no.

But there are some good arguments in this thread. He may be a guy who only gets in depending on who else is on the ballot.