• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cards RB David Johnson has a dislocated wrist

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many people throw this argument out there. Give me some options.

Kyle Sloter, currently on the Vikings practice squad. Liked him as a late option in the draft or UDFA, had a great preseason with the Broncos. Was waived to bring Brock Lobster back, Vikes signed him to their practice squad.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...which is quite stupid IMO. I tend to put 'reality' football over fantasy, but to each his own I guess.

When there's money and/or ego on the line, it elevates the side action. Besides, 90% of football fans could care less about the Arizona Cardinals unless fantasy football enters into it.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did you get a wavier claim already? Most are not open till Wednesday morning.

Not sure. He wasn't actually waived by anybody. He was a free agent. I've been on several Yahoo leagues. One league I belong to the commissioner put a date on when free agents can be added like a Wednesday but in my current league no such restriction is in place so players can be added right away.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im in 4 leagues, 3 on CBS, I have one league where waivers happen last night into this morning

I dont like it, but some are set up like that

In one Yahoo league I was in we had no limit and players could be claimed anytime. But we had a couple of owners with nothing else better to do with their lives than follow Fantasy Football 24/7 and they would constantly be adding players Sunday night or Monday morning so the commissioner put in a limit where player claims were not final until Wednesday

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Sloter, currently on the Vikings practice squad. Liked him as a late option in the draft or UDFA, had a great preseason with the Broncos. Was waived to bring Brock Lobster back, Vikes signed him to their practice squad.
That's a huge project. Dude is super raw.

Not to mention, you said the Cards waited too long to develop Palmer's replacement and your suggestion as to what they should have done is sign a practice squad rookie? I don't see how that would have sped up the timetable on developing Palmer's replacement.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a huge project. Dude is super raw.

Not to mention, you said the Cards waited too long to develop Palmer's replacement and your suggestion as to what they should have done is sign a practice squad rookie? I don't see how that would have sped up the timetable on developing Palmer's replacement.

The Cards have waited too long; my suggestion would've been to draft a rookie QB this year or last (could've had Kizer or Peterman this year, Cook or Dak last year, etc). Sloter is the best available today (IMO) without trading anyone of value to get someone off of a 53. He showed promise this preseason. Does it make any sense to carry both Gabbert and Stanton? Pick your vet backup and develop a prospect behind him if you're going to carry 3 QBs (as the Cards currently are).

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
got him 1st overall but lucked out and picked Elliott in the 4th so it's not as huge of a hit for me

Yeah it is, if Elliot continues to stink like he did Sunday.

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cards have waited too long; my suggestion would've been to draft a rookie QB this year or last (could've had Kizer or Peterman this year, Cook or Dak last year, etc). Sloter is the best available today (IMO) without trading anyone of value to get someone off of a 53. He showed promise this preseason. Does it make any sense to carry both Gabbert and Stanton? Pick your vet backup and develop a prospect behind him if you're going to carry 3 QBs (as the Cards currently are).

I'm all in for Gabbert for next year. :yes: