• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

cards post game

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peterson strength is in the passing game and I don't think he gave up much there. Clearly the Redskins out matched the Cards in the run game as well as finding favorable matchups such as CT against LBers. Gruden and Manusky had a very good game plan.

I was impressed with how well the DBs played in a lot of zone situations. The pick by Dunbar was a perfect example FM released the WR but saw he had no one else in his zone dropped his depth forcing Bradford into overthrowing and Dunbar had the deep zone and played it perfectly. We had some good plays where they kept players in front while in zone defense and then made sure tackles to stop drives.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a key block but just as key was VDs block on the outside the Moses/Sprinkle block sealed the inside and the VD block sealed the outside. HUGE hole.
Always great to read your explanations.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dr Chao weighs in on Quinn injury

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peterson strength is in the passing game and I don't think he gave up much there. Clearly the Redskins out matched the Cards in the run game as well as finding favorable matchups such as CT against LBers. Gruden and Manusky had a very good game plan.

I was impressed with how well the DBs played in a lot of zone situations. The pick by Dunbar was a perfect example FM released the WR but saw he had no one else in his zone dropped his depth forcing Bradford into overthrowing and Dunbar had the deep zone and played it perfectly. We had some good plays where they kept players in front while in zone defense and then made sure tackles to stop drives.

I know that you are referring to Patrick Peterson, but it reminded me that Adrian Peterson's supposed weakness is in the passing game (to the pt where some analysts deemed him worthless in that area). Probably his best play of the day was on a catch (although he fumbled at the end - probably trying to do too much - sometimes you just need to end the play already).

Well at least for this week AP just gave a big FU to Chris Carter & that loudmouth Shannon Sharpe.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk qb rating 98. ALEX QB RATING 118

Actually it was Cousins 95.1/Smith 118.1

Cousins made some great throws yesterday (both TD passes) and got lucky he wasn't pick 6ed on one play by a 9er safety. He played OK, but the defense, especially Harrison Smith, made the plays that won that game imo. That imo bodes well for Cousins and the Vikings.

Smith played as many here said he would. Safe, smart. Yesterday it was a perfect way to play thanks to the defense and running game.

Both Cousins and Smith relied on RBs quite a bit in the pass game.

CT 7 targets, 6 rec, 63 yards, 1 TD/4 FDs for the Skins.
Dalvin Cook 7 targets, 6 rec, 55 yards, 3 FDs for the Vikes.

Not sure we can rely on CT coming up with 5 carries, 65 yards, 13.0 ypc every week, but I do think he can be legitimately electric if used right. 11 touches with 6 being pass catches might be a good number far as touches. He's our best receiving threat if defenses use LBs and safeties to try and cover him.

coach_spurrier_1 said:
I like how alex smith during the press conference wear normal clothing no goofy bow ties or question mark suits etc etc not something weird... and a defensive player said we still have work to do congrats to Gruden the monkey is off his back ..imo I hope we don't tire AP

He got a monkey off his back with his first season opening win. Congrats to Coach Gruden.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A pick em game from the oddsmakers and a lot of questions regarding what both teams might show. Also, national media and pundits usually have no clue when it comes to the Skins tbh.

I honestly understand your point, however, this organization earned its mediocre reputation and now must convince, D.C. nation, TV and radio pundits as well as the rest of the NFL that the tag no longer applies. It's been said that winning cures a lot of ills. There's nothing more applicable towards the destruction of that earned reputation as a program that consistently wins over a fairly long period of time.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly understand your point, however, this organization earned its mediocre reputation and now must convince, D.C. nation, TV and radio pundits as well as the rest of the NFL that the tag no longer applies. It's been said that winning cures a lot of ills. There's nothing more applicable towards the destruction of that earned reputation as a program that consistently wins over a fairly long period of time.
I agree to an extent. National sources rely on narratives that work for them. The skins have many controversial things that have created great talking points but true analysis is lazy for the most part at that level.