• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Cardinals vs Seahawks

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then if you be so kind. post those factors here

Not being able to score TDs with amazing field position most of the game, no WR threat whatsoever, relying on Wilson to bail you out with his legs far too often (that won't last in this league)... But really, what a the point? You guys played a great game, I'm not trying to take anything away from that. It was just an observation I made in the heat of the game amongst fellow fans.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Seahawks defense plays like this no one is beating us

The defense played as they should against Drew Stanton without Fitz, especially at home. The Cardinals are not going to go very far with Stanton, imo. Though their defense is very reminiscent of the Hawks defense last year.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not being able to score TDs with amazing field position most of the game, no WR threat whatsoever, relying on Wilson to bail you out with his legs far too often (that won't last in this league)... But really, what a the point? You guys played a great game, I'm not trying to take anything away from that. It was just an observation I made in the heat of the game amongst fellow fans.

Don't worry about that, I agree with every point you just made except for the point on Wilson. That's just what he and Beast Mode have had to do this year, bail the team out. They're basically the whole offense, and when one has an off day the other steps up.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched many Seahawks games? That's how they have played the last two and a half years.

We all worry about Wilson's long term health given that their line always seems to just suck and he takes so many hits when they face good defenses, but when he is playing at the level he did yesterday they typically don't lose.

My take on this game:
It was nice to see the defense back with their starters (except for mebane of course) all playing and more or less at expected levels. Thought Irvin could have been a bigger factor, but the LOB was back to playing the way we expect. Thomas had a couple of big hits and guys were flying around like we know they can.

Special teams played with fire and looked like we have come to expect. I understand the punt block was more about Zona only having 10 men on the field, but the energy was there. Was it Helfet that blew up that returner? That's how Seahawks ball is supposed to be.

But the offense was garbage. Wilson was back to playing at the high level we have come to expect and Lynch worked his ass off, but that line was pure and total fucking garbage. Not just on pass defense which we all more or less expect, but their run blocking was terrible. You can't tell me they were missing Carpenter THAT much.

Still, this is Seahawks ball. Play intense and physical defense and special teams and take your opportunities to impact that game in those two phases and let the offense just not turn the ball over. It won them all a ring last year.

Seattle had to play this like a playoff game and gave their very best shot at it. I had a high degree of confidence they would win it because of that. At home, backs against the wall, playing a team that didn't have nearly as much on the line. Those games are going to go to the team that needs it most way more often than not.

That doesn't mean they will win out the rest of the way. As much as you love seeing the return of the defense, seeing that offense give its best shot and look that bad shouldn't give any hawks fan unreasonable expectations the rest of the way. Playing on the road with a good offense is hard, playing with the special olympics version of an offensive line is really hard.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched many Seahawks games? That's how they have played the last two and a half years.

We all worry about Wilson's long term health given that their line always seems to just suck and he takes so many hits when they face good defenses, but when he is playing at the level he did yesterday they typically don't lose.

My take on this game:
It was nice to see the defense back with their starters (except for mebane of course) all playing and more or less at expected levels. Thought Irvin could have been a bigger factor, but the LOB was back to playing the way we expect. Thomas had a couple of big hits and guys were flying around like we know they can.

Special teams played with fire and looked like we have come to expect. I understand the punt block was more about Zona only having 10 men on the field, but the energy was there. Was it Helfet that blew up that returner? That's how Seahawks ball is supposed to be.

But the offense was garbage. Wilson was back to playing at the high level we have come to expect and Lynch worked his ass off, but that line was pure and total fucking garbage. Not just on pass defense which we all more or less expect, but their run blocking was terrible. You can't tell me they were missing Carpenter THAT much.

Still, this is Seahawks ball. Play intense and physical defense and special teams and take your opportunities to impact that game in those two phases and let the offense just not turn the ball over. It won them all a ring last year.

Seattle had to play this like a playoff game and gave their very best shot at it. I had a high degree of confidence they would win it because of that. At home, backs against the wall, playing a team that didn't have nearly as much on the line. Those games are going to go to the team that needs it most way more often than not.

That doesn't mean they will win out the rest of the way. As much as you love seeing the return of the defense, seeing that offense give its best shot and look that bad shouldn't give any hawks fan unreasonable expectations the rest of the way. Playing on the road with a good offense is hard, playing with the special olympics version of an offensive line is really hard.

I can't find anything I disagree with in this post. I don't think any team in the NFL would have won that game considering the circumstances. And that includes the Patriots.