• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Capuano,Volquez,Marmol,League & Belisario all GARBAGE!!

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did take a look at Belisario's BABIP and didn't add it because it makes him look even worse. W/L, ERA are not, by themselves, indicative of how effective a pitcher is or isn't, but taken with all the other Stats certainly shows a tendency. In this case, all the Stats taken together strongly suggest that Belisario is an inconsistent pitcher. If he is traded during the off season I, for one, won't miss him.

As far as a salary cap in MLB.......there is no salary cap per se, but there is a threshold that when surpassed triggers a " luxury tax". So, one might say that MLB has a quasi-salary cap.

For now, let's go out and win the WS. I suspect that is the Dodgers priority right now.

How does his BABIP make him look worse?

Luxury tax doesn't matter. The team can afford it easily with the TV deal, etc. Especially with a ton of money coming off the books soon.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does his BABIP make him look worse?

Luxury tax doesn't matter. The team can afford it easily with the TV deal, etc. Especially with a ton of money coming off the books soon.

Typical BABIP is around .290, unless your name is Clayton Kershaw. Belisario, for the year, is in the .300's while over the last 30 days it's in the mid to high .300's. Not a good trend and not what you see from a "consistent" pitcher.

Hey, Belisario isn't horrible by any means and sometimes he gets his act together and can be pretty good, but he is hardly a " go to" guy. When he screws up in a couple of playoff games that fact should become crystal clear.

I agree that the Dodgers don't pay much attention to the luxury tax. If they want someone they won't hesitate to go after him.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical BABIP is around .290, unless your name is Clayton Kershaw. Belisario, for the year, is in the .300's while over the last 30 days it's in the mid to high .300's. Not a good trend and not what you see from a "consistent" pitcher.

Hey, Belisario isn't horrible by any means and sometimes he gets his act together and can be pretty good, but he is hardly a " go to" guy. When he screws up in a couple of playoff games that fact should become crystal clear.

I agree that the Dodgers don't pay much attention to the luxury tax. If they want someone they won't hesitate to go after him.

If his BABIP is higher than average, then that means that hitters have been getting lucky more often than not. So, thank you for demonstrating that you don't know how to look at stats.

Also, you don't seem to comprehend my meaning of "consistent." Again, I'm not calling him a bullpen ace or anything outrageous. My point is that he's valuable to the bullpen and far from being "garbage."

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If his BABIP is higher than average, then that means that hitters have been getting lucky more often than not. So, thank you for demonstrating that you don't know how to look at stats.

Also, you don't seem to comprehend my meaning of "consistent." Again, I'm not calling him a bullpen ace or anything outrageous. My point is that he's valuable to the bullpen and far from being "garbage."

Oh, I see. Pitchers who give up hits are the victim of bad luck. It apparently has nothing to do with their ability. Now, I'm wondering who it is that doesn't understand how this game works.

You said he was consistent. All I did was state my opinion that Belisario is not consistent and provided some data to support my belief. I might change my opinion if you can actually support your contention that Belisario is a consistent pitcher. So far, all you've done is make a bald statement.

As far as "looking at stats"........they are all pretty self-explanatory and I've been looking at baseball stats probably before your parents were born. It's not rocket science. And, stats can be very telling. For example........Belisario is not a consistent pitcher.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I see. Pitchers who give up hits are the victim of bad luck. It apparently has nothing to do with their ability. Now, I'm wondering who it is that doesn't understand how this game works.

You said he was consistent. All I did was state my opinion that Belisario is not consistent and provided some data to support my belief. I might change my opinion if you can actually support your contention that Belisario is a consistent pitcher. So far, all you've done is make a bald statement.

As far as "looking at stats"........they are all pretty self-explanatory and I've been looking at baseball stats probably before your parents were born. It's not rocket science. And, stats can be very telling. For example........Belisario is not a consistent pitcher.

Really...? And I'm the troll, right?

If you don't understand how an abnormally high BABIP can be indicative of bad luck then I'm clearly wasting my time here.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really...? And I'm the troll, right?

If you don't understand how an abnormally high BABIP can be indicative of bad luck then I'm clearly wasting my time here.

Not to mention everyone else's time.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because I'm generous, I'll break it down for you as to why Ronald Belisario is not garbage and that we should be glad to have him in the bullpen.

Innings Pitched: 64.1 - 20th in the NL
xFIP: 3.62 - 36th in the NL
HR/FB: 8.3% - 29th in the NL
GB%: 61.9% - 5th in the NL
SIERA: 3.25 - 30th in the NL

What is Ronald Belisario's job? His job is to come into the game, get ground ball outs, get double-plays with inherited runners, etc. Belisario is not a strikeout pitcher so it's not a big deal if he doesn't strike out of a bunch of hitters. That's not what he's being asked to do.

Reliable? Only 19 other NL pitchers have made more relief outs that he has.
Consistent? Only 4 other NL pitchers have gotten a higher percentage of grounders. When he does make a mistake (a fly ball instead of a ground ball), he only gives up a home run 8.3% percent of the time.

Oh yeah, only 2 other NL relievers have appeared in more games than Belisario has.

So, from all of the above information is where I drew this opinion:

Belisario? He's been one of the most consistent and reliable relief pitchers all season.

And as to this point from you:

I almost fell out of my chair laughing. No, these stats are not self-explanatory. All stats need to be placed into context. Also, I don't know how old you are (or how old you think I am), but if you've been looking at baseball stats for longer than my parents have been alive then I feel bad for you. That's an awful long time to spend cherry-picking obsolete statistics.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because I'm generous, I'll break it down for you as to why Ronald Belisario is not garbage and that we should be glad to have him in the bullpen.

Innings Pitched: 64.1 - 20th in the NL
xFIP: 3.62 - 36th in the NL
HR/FB: 8.3% - 29th in the NL
GB%: 61.9% - 5th in the NL
SIERA: 3.25 - 30th in the NL

What is Ronald Belisario's job? His job is to come into the game, get ground ball outs, get double-plays with inherited runners, etc. Belisario is not a strikeout pitcher so it's not a big deal if he doesn't strike out of a bunch of hitters. That's not what he's being asked to do.

Reliable? Only 19 other NL pitchers have made more relief outs that he has.
Consistent? Only 4 other NL pitchers have gotten a higher percentage of grounders. When he does make a mistake (a fly ball instead of a ground ball), he only gives up a home run 8.3% percent of the time.

Oh yeah, only 2 other NL relievers have appeared in more games than Belisario has.

So, from all of the above information is where I drew this opinion:

And as to this point from you:

I almost fell out of my chair laughing. No, these stats are not self-explanatory. All stats need to be placed into context. Also, I don't know how old you are (or how old you think I am), but if you've been looking at baseball stats for longer than my parents have been alive then I feel bad for you. That's an awful long time to spend cherry-picking obsolete statistics.

:suds:

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hong_chih_kuo_bat_flip1.gif

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Belisario did tonight is surrender 5 ER's. Just another miserable performance by "Mr. Consistency".

I rest my case regarding this guy. Mark my words.........Belisario is going to cost the Dodgers in the Playoffs.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belisario is awesome iv'e been wrong about everything i said even going back to last year when he was blowing up leads...what a Consistent pitcher he is now! WOW!!!!!!!

SMH!

Belisario should get a multi year deal after tonight :lol:

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belisario is way to inconsistent to make the playoff roster but Brandon League is even worse.