• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cap space carryover

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florio has recently been making posts about the fact that teams could carry over unused money from last year into the next season's cap. This gets referenced with regards to the Cardinals who apparently are going to be be short on funds to try to sign Manning. As the story goes, they had 7 million to carry over and chose to only carry over 2 million. The Bengals had 17 million to carryover. Anyone want to bet that the actual amount they did carryover is anything above 0?

Remaining 2011 cap space, by team | ProFootballTalk

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick thought -- The Bengals made the playoffs without spending any money. Maybe Marvin is a better coach than I give him credit for.... Or maybe I'm drunk.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Quick thought -- The Bengals made the playoffs without spending any money. Maybe Marvin is a better coach than I give him credit for.... Or maybe I'm drunk.

It was pretty amazing..

they were 9-0 against non-playoff teams, and 0-8 vs playoff teams. they were motivated to play every game and didnt have a single letdown. some credits due to ML

but i'm a big enough Marvin detractor to pointout that if the entire Bengals coaching staff was released of their contract tommorow, both of his coordinators would be more sought after

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals will be the first to find a way around spending any such required money.