• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cap hell and the QB situation

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be the first to tell you that I'm no salary cap expert, but if Orton has a big day Sunday night and we win, does Jones rethink letting him go? With Romo's second back surgery in less than a year, can he afford to let him go? Do we draft a young QB and hope Romo plays at a high level next season, and if not play the rookie? If we keep Orton, then what key player do we lose?

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be the first to tell you that I'm no salary cap expert, but if Orton has a big day Sunday night and we win, does Jones rethink letting him go? With Romo's second back surgery in less than a year, can he afford to let him go? Do we draft a young QB and hope Romo plays at a high level next season, and if not play the rookie? If we keep Orton, then what key player do we lose?

Orton was one of the players we restructured.....

Letting him go doesnt save us any money either.....

our cap is in that bad of a shape.

Too many restructures..... and pushing money back

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cap wise ....

We have two players getting a majority of the money next year.

Romo and Carr.
Romo the only thing we can do with him is restructure. Not even possible to cut him.

Carr.... solid for the most part...(looked terrible Sunday) .... but I've never thought he was 12-13 million a year solid ...... we really need to rethink him. Fastest way to fix our cap would be redo Romo .... and bite the bullet on Carr... and just eat it ...... With Jerry not likely to happen.

We could save money on Ware.... but we already need to D-lineman ... I dont see 3 D-line starters in a single draft.... so I dont see him going anywhere.

We're in cap hell from back money being pushed forward..... gonna be hard to fix this shit...

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orton was one of the players we restructured.....

Letting him go doesnt save us any money either.....

our cap is in that bad of a shape.

Too many restructures..... and pushing money back

Jerry has really left us in a shitty position. If we were to cut Carr, how much dead money will he count for?

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry has really left us in a shitty position. If we were to cut Carr, how much dead money will he count for?

16.8 million .... split it over two years... saves us 4 million next year....

If he plays he cost 12.2 to be on the field Second highest paid on the field next year ... behind only Romo
12.7 and then 13.8 the following two years

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16.8 million .... split it over two years... saves us 4 million next year....

If he plays he cost 12.2 to be on the field Second highest paid on the field next year ... behind only Romo
12.7 and then 13.8 the following two years

But restructure Romo ..... shitty Free agency ...
When we get free of the dead money on Carr we could pay off Romo and in 2 years be out of cap hell

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But restructure Romo ..... shitty Free agency ...
When we get free of the dead money on Carr we could pay off Romo and in 2 years be out of cap hell

That would mean Jerry would have to admit he was wrong about being a player or two away from being a contender. Would be nice to be out of cap hell, but Jerry will never let that happen. He will restructure Romo, and sign another free agent not worth the money.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would mean Jerry would have to admit he was wrong about being a player or two away from being a contender. Would be nice to be out of cap hell, but Jerry will never let that happen. He will restructure Romo, and sign another free agent not worth the money.

I dont think even Jerry could over pay a FA this offseason

Sadly Jerry admitting he was wrong .... I agree with you on :L

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my 2 cents on this though ...... Possibly the worst defense in history ...

Not a single player on it should make 10 million a year much less more than that

WFRYE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naw, keeping a washed up backup like Orton, that was replaced by Tim Tebow btw, and an aging QB that just had two back surgeries in less then a year that has failed to lead his team to a division title and playoff spot the last 3 seasons, is something that Uncle Jerry would be more then happy to do lol.

And people wonder this team remains average for the past twenty years??

Go figure...

Last edited by a moderator:

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naw, keeping a washed up backup like Orton, that was replaced by Tim Tebow btw, and an aging QB that just had two back surgeries in less then a year that has failed to lead his team to a division title and playoff spot the last 3 seasons, is something that Uncle Jerry would be more then happy to do lol.

Go figure...

your nuts dont tingle unless you bring ignorance to a discussion do they?

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go figure...

and asswhipe ..... having a cyst removed ..... is not exactly a major back surgery

what a fucking idiot

WFRYE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and asswhipe ..... having a cyst removed ..... is not exactly a major back surgery

what a fucking idiot

The cyst removal was connected to spinal nerve tissue...it was a big deal which is why he didn't participate in offseason activity. Romo is damaged goods, and once again he has failed to come through for his team when they needed him most. Time to draft a QB to groom and not just depend on another vagabond backup in these type situations?? Will Romo even be the same player after the latest back surgery?? Time to stop drinking the Romo kool aid and start seriously preparing for the future....if you're smart that is.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
" Romo is damaged goods, and once again he has failed to come through for his team when they needed him most. "

Frye you are beyond all Trolls with that statement. Where the hell do you come off saying that Romo has failed when the team needed him most because he is injured. This is the same QB that played with a punctured Lung!!!!!

Tony Has done plenty of things wrong and made plenty of mistakes but to ridicule a guy because of Injury is just plain meanspirited and stupid.

I nominate this post for the Dumbass of the year award anybody 2nd it ?

You have made a lot of silly and Romo hate filled rants but this 1 makes Round look like Albert Einstein.

WFRYE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
" Romo is damaged goods, and once again he has failed to come through for his team when they needed him most. "

Frye you are beyond all Trolls with that statement. Where the hell do you come off saying that Romo has failed when the team needed him most? This is the same QB that played with a punctured Lung!!!!!

Tony Has done plenty of things wrong and made plenty of mistakes but to ridicule a guy because of Injury is just plain meanspirited and stupid.

You have made a lot of silly and Romo hate filled rants but this 1 makes Round look like Albert Einstein.

I know I know, anybody that doesn't believe in the Romo dream heading into his 11th season, is a troll? He is the only Cowboys' savior right??

I understand that It's all you delusional kids and Uncle Jerry's dream to one day reach a SB with the gunslinger, but at some point this team has to let go and seriously plan for its future if the mediocre tag is to ever be removed?

WFRYE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Frye you are beyond all Trolls with that statement. Where the hell do you come off saying that Romo has failed when the team needed him most because he is injured. This is the same QB that played with a punctured Lung!!!!!

Cry me a river .....that's the problem with this team and fanbase . They are my much too emotional and soft lol. This is football not "the days of our lives"? Part of football is not being injured prone. And if any other QB or player got hurt when his team needed him most, you yahoos here would say that he he was injury prone and can't stay healthy enough. It's only Romo that you protect here...for whatever reason, he failed to come through at a critical point in the season for his team again. That's just the facts.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I know, anybody that doesn't believe in the Romo dream heading into his 11th season, is a troll? He is the only Cowboys' savior right??

I understand that It's all you delusional kids and Uncle Jerry's dream to one day reach a SB with the gunslinger, but at some point this team has to let go and seriously plan for its future if the mediocre is to ever be removed?

I want a SB yes. With or without ROMO I want My cowboys in the SB. I have also along with many others said that we should have already drafted Romo's replacement they wasted a pick on Mcgee and have not addressed it since. They should address it this draft. But like it or not Fry Romo and the Cowboys are tied together for the next 2 seasons at least.

And I called you a troll because you said Romo let the team down by not being there when he is injured and has underwent surgery. Come on you should see that's way over the top even for guys that hate Romo

WFRYE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want a SB yes. With or without ROMO I want My cowboys in the SB. I have also along with many others said that we should have already drafted Romo's replacement they wasted a pick on Mcgee and have not addressed it since. They should address it this draft. But like it or not Fry Romo and the Cowboys are tied together for the next 2 seasons at least.

And I called you a troll because you said Romo let the team down by not being there when he is injured and has underwent surgery. Come on you should see that's way over the top even for guys that hate Romo

But isn't that what is really happening here? Romo's injury did cost this team another chance to win their division and make the playoffs? Is it his fault THIS TIME? No..but not being able to play in this game highlights all the extreme Romo pole smoking that goes on inside this organization and fanbase. Instead of grooming a promising young backup for situations just like this, this team and it's fanbase chooses to look the other way and sign castoff QBs that can't even beat out Tim Tebow for a starting job?? Why do you think this team is heavily favored to lose at home this weekend?? Because of this God awful D and the lack of confidence shown in one Kyle Orton. Do I blame Romo for this latest predicament? No, I blame this organization for coddling him and not having a serious option to turn to in these type of win or go home games. Do I seriously believe in Orton, someone that has really hasn't played in two years after being replaced by Tebow? No way, I'm just not a dreamer. You take a bad defense and castoff QB that hasn't played a lot in 2 years, and you are just asking for a bad result in the end in a pressure game like this. Again, I blame the coaches and uncle Jerrah for placing all their eggs in one basket year after year.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It’s way too early to do that with the way things are today with my expectations of Tony’s career -- which I think will be several years to come,” Jones said. “It’s too early to be drafting a highly ranked or costly quarterback.”

So there is the Jones answer about drafting a QB like I believe anything Jerry says anytime

Jerry's opinion