• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cap could be $135 million

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be huge for the Cowboys. WOW

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the popularity of the league is bailing Jerry out of his asinine cap management of the last decade. I hope we don't use this money to put ourselves right back where we were. You know, like the person that gets into credit card debt and gets bailed out by a parent or someone else, only to do the same thing all over again...hopefully we use this to get out from under some bad contracts and make some smart moves for a change so that we aren't in cap he'll for the next 20 years

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the popularity of the league is bailing Jerry out of his asinine cap management of the last decade. I hope we don't use this money to put ourselves right back where we were. You know, like the person that gets into credit card debt and gets bailed out by a parent or someone else, only to do the same thing all over again...hopefully we use this to get out from under some bad contracts and make some smart moves for a change so that we aren't in cap he'll for the next 20 years

I agree ..... Actually I hope we treat the cap as if it didn't change ....... It's time to get this ship in order

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree ..... Actually I hope we treat the cap as if it didn't change ....... It's time to get this ship in order

That's the exact opportunity this team has, get it cleaned up this year. I heard today that it's likely the NFL will have another $8-10 million increase in the cap next year as well. Just go out and find a couple of defensive starters in this draft, a couple of more that could develop into starters, find out what you have in a kid like Crawford, and then go into next year with the ability to draft BPA instead of priority DL/S, and use FA to fill your remaining needs, as it should be. And by all means, get TSmith and Dez signed long term

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the exact opportunity this team has, get it cleaned up this year. I heard today that it's likely the NFL will have another $8-10 million increase in the cap next year as well. Just go out and find a couple of defensive starters in this draft, a couple of more that could develop into starters, find out what you have in a kid like Crawford, and then go into next year with the ability to draft BPA instead of priority DL/S, and use FA to fill your remaining needs, as it should be. And by all means, get TSmith and Dez signed long term

you know a lot of the cheaper owners are cringing at all the extra money they will have to spend in the next couple years.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know a lot of the cheaper owners are cringing at all the extra money they will have to spend in the next couple years.

You aren't kidding. This bullcrap of being $50-60 million under the cap is coming to a halt. That's why I will bash Jerry as a GM, but I'm happy he's the owner. The man will write a check

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aren't kidding. This bullcrap of being $50-60 million under the cap is coming to a halt. That's why I will bash Jerry as a GM, but I'm happy he's the owner. The man will write a check

he might have been the best owner ever, if there was no cap.

Pencil Sharpener

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If there was no cap, we would never lose............. teams like the Patriots and Seahawks wouldn't exist......Jacksonville would have been contracted already............the cap was good for the game no matter what anyone says

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there was no cap, we would never lose............. teams like the Patriots and Seahawks wouldn't exist......Jacksonville would have been contracted already............the cap was good for the game no matter what anyone says

not saying it wasn't. It was bad for Jerry though. Jerry could have been Steinbrenner of Football with no cap. your counter point wasn't to my point at all.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seeing's how they are all fighting over 9 billion dollars annually, I think they can afford it.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Archer reported that the impression he is getting is taht Carr won't get his contract restructured because they dont want to push it into future cap space.

Sounds like me might be trying to do a half-assed rebuild. Rather than sell everyone over 28 years old that has vlaue and starting over, we will keep trying to grow and rebuild. Gonna need at least a year of 4-12 to really rebuild. 8-8 won't get us there.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No. He still hired and kept the worst GM in the history of the league by far. Even Matt Millen only ruined his team for a short period of time. Jerry is going on almost 20 years now.

Remember that the owner (even when not GM) will have final say on the big moves and Jerry as owner would still probably want the final say on every move. His meddling as owner would bring hte team down. Also, even if you overpay you can only pay one QB, MLB, etc...Jerry makes the wrong choices and would probably trade most of our early picks for overpriced veterans if there were no cap. So I don't think it's as simple as being willing to spend money and if it comes down to money Paul Allen will buy the whole league...The best owner is hte guy that sits back and stays out of the Football guys way. That is not and never will be Jerry.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Archer reported that the impression he is getting is taht Carr won't get his contract restructured because they dont want to push it into future cap space.

Sounds like me might be trying to do a half-assed rebuild. Rather than sell everyone over 28 years old that has vlaue and starting over, we will keep trying to grow and rebuild. Gonna need at least a year of 4-12 to really rebuild. 8-8 won't get us there.

I'm all for this if doable. I've argued with you guys about kicking the can down the road for years now. It's just Math. Just because you got under the cap doesn't mean there isn't a cap problem. Each time you restrucutre you screw yourself in an outer year. We need to reverse the damage we have done with these restructures. I've said many times that I think Carr is a lot better than he is being made out to be, but we shouldn't be paying a heavy price (whether $'s, draft picks or both) for 3 CBs. It just keeps your options open. You don't have to cut him even if it's cap friendly to do so, but you would like to make the decision based on Football reasons, not because you can't afford to cut him. We need 3 good CBs, but If Scandrick plays like he did last year and Claiborne finally steps up to be what we hoped we should part ways with Carr and use his money elsewhere. Every time you restructure these guys, you make it harder to cut them. You should be restructuring the guys that you absolutely won't cut for the life of the contract - like Lee.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I could live through a year of 4-12 to get back to 12-4 in a couple of years

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually agree with this take and I've been thinking what better time to do this (tank 4-12) and be able to get Winston or Mariota. Re-sign Smith and Dez and be prepared to compete in 2015. I would rather have a fast and hard crash then continue to be 8-8 and die slowly. Hopefully by the start of the 2015 season our cap is a lot stronger and the team is in position to contend.

I would imagine that the landscape of the team would be much different. Guys like Ware, Witten, and Romo would possibly be out or close to it and the team can usher in a new era with a new coaching staff and a much healthier salary cap. I would hate to see this team go 9-7 this year on the outside looking in on the playoffs and drafting between 17 and 20 at the end of next season.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry I can never agree to tanking a season. Never

If we do everything we can with fixing the cap and righting the ship and end up 4-12 that's one thing ..... But to tank a season No way

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we do everything we can with fixing the cap and righting the ship and end up 4-12 that's one thing ..... But to tank a season No way

I agree with that onion in general, but with the mess Jerry has created I just don't see the light at the end of the tunnel.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that onion in general, but with the mess Jerry has created I just don't see the light at the end of the tunnel.

This offseason is going to tell me alot about where this ship is going.

The increase helps us .... IF WE DONT ABUSE IT

Abuse and Jerry hasn't changed a bit .... Take advantage of it to right the ship .... Maybe he is learning

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You and me both. Jacksonville could have had that #1 pick locked up, but they did what they were paid to do...You NEVER lose a game, let alone an entire season on purpose and any coach or player that does should never be allowed in the league again. Don't forget, there is no guarantee the guy you pick at #16 won't be better than the guy you pick in hte top 3.