• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cano On Van Slyke...With Miller Insight

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I read it was that Miller told Van Slyke that Cano was trying to give him some feedback/advice and Miller didn't like the fact that Cano was trying to do so and had asked Van Slyke to tell Cano to keep to himself...

I didn't read it that way, but easily could have been that way. Good point.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't read it as Miller "telling on" Cano to Van Slyke at all. Seemed more like extreme micro managing on Van Slyke's part to me. That seemed to be the way the coaches wanted to work under LMC, where they were the ONLY voices they wanted anybody to hear. Montgomery's assertion that he was told that he would be sent to AAA if he threw inside fastballs anymore reaffirms it for me.

Terrible leadership in every way.

Really interesting to see the different interpretations. Who the fuck even knows?

Last edited:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today at 9 AM, the full Cano interview (25 min) is going to play on the radio.

Sounds like it was a complete shit show under Lloyd, and it's not just Cano who's coming out and talking about it. Evidently, they threatened to send Montgomery down to AAA if he ever threw an inside fast ball again. WTF?

Wow that is stunning.

Cano being told not to mentor a young player, and the Mariners threatening to send Montgomery down to AAA if he threw an inside fast ball? What the fuck?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on some of the things said about the previous coaching staff, it sounds worse than I thought it was. I am glad they are gone.

It's funny because there were so many times I asked myself "What the fuck are they thinking?" The highest level I ever played baseball was high school, and I was barely good enough to make varsity, so I'm no authority on the subject, but some of the shit they did was just ridiculously unconventional and stupid.

Seldom do I say "I could do a better job at X or Y" than a professional getting paid millions to do it, but I honestly feel as if most of this board could've made better decisions on a number of things than McClendon did.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed... Seems like Miller was a Diva... Glad he's gone if that's how it went down...

This really surprises me mostly because I would've expected the exact opposite. He didn't seem like that type of guy.

Also, if Cano's story is true, that's pretty slimy going behind Cano's back and bitching to the coaching staff. If Miller had a problem with the advice Cano was giving, he should've said as much to Cano instead of running and hiding behind the staff.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny because there were so many times I asked myself "What the fuck are they thinking?" The highest level I ever played baseball was high school, and I was barely good enough to make varsity, so I'm no authority on the subject, but some of the shit they did was just ridiculously unconventional and stupid.

Seldom do I say "I could do a better job at X or Y" than a professional getting paid millions to do it, but I honestly feel as if most of this board could've made better decisions on a number of things than McClendon did.
Yeah I think many of us fans, at least on the hoop had many many times during the McClendon era were we all just said "the fuck?" and still for some of the stuff to come out after that coaching staff is gone and still say "they were even worse than I thought" is very telling of how terribly managed the team has been managed throughout Jack Z's reign of incompetence. We never get the hole story until its way past the fact.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After listening to Cano's story today, the way I read the story is how I still feel... Seems like Miller was being a Diva...

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After listening to Cano's story today, the way I read the story is how I still feel... Seems like Miller was being a Diva...
That would make sense if Cano were responding to questions about problems with Miller.

It was a direct response to questions about Van Slyke.

I can kind of see where you're coming from, but I disagree. Miller never got anything but accolades from his teammates. If anything, I'd wager that Van Slyke saw Miller doing something different, and asked why, and HATED the response from Miller.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially while on your 3rd glass of wine... :suds:
Are you psychic?

I almost never drink on weekdays, but today was fucking awful at work, and I've had 3 or 4 glasses of wine.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you psychic?

I almost never drink on weekdays, but today was fucking awful at work, and I've had 3 or 4 glasses of wine.

LOL... I'm on my 3rd glass of Cab as well... :D

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say Im surprised, but this is the type of shit the Mariners do.