• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Canadiens vs. Rangers - Does Anybody Care? Thread

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or ignoring the joke cause maybe it wasnt funny. either or.
Could be, or you could be too stupid to realize it was a joke. We may never know.

Good win!

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be, or you could be too stupid to realize it was a joke. We may never know.

Good win!

I maybe not be Stephen Hawking but Im pretty sure I can pick up on sarcasm even in written form, Buts its cool Im sure they lost on purpose you know the Canadiens now have them right where they want them right.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I maybe not be Stephen Hawking but Im pretty sure I can pick up on sarcasm even in written form, Buts its cool Im sure they lost on purpose you know the Canadiens now have them right where they want them right.
That's ridiculous, why would you think that? I don't think I posted anything to suggest they lost on purpose or that they are in better shape than the Rangers. I'd much rather be up 3-2 and going home. Enjoy the win.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's ridiculous, why would you think that? I don't think I posted anything to suggest they lost on purpose or that they are in better shape than the Rangers. I'd much rather be up 3-2 and going home. Enjoy the win.

Well the series is going to MSG which means the series will be going to Montreal tied at 3

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the series is going to MSG which means the series will be going to Montreal tied at 3
Suddenly you seem like a wise person. Just joking around, you're in good shape now. Hope it goes 7 but the Rangers really turned it on after game 3, I don't think the Habs forwards can match the Ranger's.

Good luck the rest of the series; enjoy. Sorry about the previous posts, just goofing around.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said previously, the Rangers have got this. The Metro was the best division in hockey, easily. My team should've made the playoffs over some of these other squads. Just playing in the wrong division to get it done.

Arguably, the Canes and Isles are probably better than a few of these other teams too.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said previously, the Rangers have got this. The Metro was the best division in hockey, easily. My team should've made the playoffs over some of these other squads. Just playing in the wrong division to get it done.

Arguably, the Canes and Isles are probably better than a few of these other teams too.
Well the Flyers would have lost to whomever they played, so its probably better for you they missed the playoffs completely.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your team went 13-9-2 against the weak Atlantic. Not really tearing it up. Who exactly were the Flyers better than among teams who made the playoffs?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your team went 13-9-2 against the weak Atlantic. Not really tearing it up. Who exactly were the Flyers better than among teams who made the playoffs?

I think it's fair to say that we're right there with the likes of Calgary, Boston, Ottawa and Toronto.

It's alright, we will regroup and be back in the playoffs next season, but the Metro was a vicious division to be a part of this year. 10 game win streak and still somehow missed the playoffs. The first team in Nhl history to do such a thing.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's fair to say that we're right there with the likes of Calgary, Boston, Ottawa and Toronto.

It's alright, we will regroup and be back in the playoffs next season, but the Metro was a vicious division to be a part of this year. 10 game win streak and still somehow missed the playoffs. The first team in Nhl history to do such a thing.

Ottawa massacred the Metro to the tune of 15-6-3. Even the Flyers record against the weak Atlantic was on a 95 point pace. Tied with Toronto and Boston. Toronto did as well against the Metro as Philly did against the Atlantic. Not bad.

Boston wasn't so good against the East in general, but they were much better than Philly was. They were also better against the West.

I think Philadelphia just had a rough year. Not a playoff team and not really close to one, IMO. Their record kind of validates that.

Good luck next year though!!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there's a "crapton" of parity in the Nhl right now. Virtually anyone can beat anyone and it does make for an exciting playoffs without my team in it.

I don't put a lot of stock in head to head regular season games after the Hawks won their division/conference and whooped up on Nashville 4-1 throughout the season only to be swept away by them.

You can be a decent team that gets hot come March and/or April, then make it to the conference finals or better. Or you can be a dominant team all season long, then fall off a cliff in March/April and lose in round one (Hello Minnesota).

The Flyers did have a rough year. Blew too many games and really should've made it in. I hope the core stays together for another shot at this. The defense will be one of the best in the league in two to three seasons.

Either way, Ron Hextall is righting the ship.

Last edited:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCarron is playing tonight. Can't wait to see how he does in the 2 minutes of ice time he will get! #excited

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, how much of a pussy do you have to be to get your ass kicked by Pacioretti?

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:L

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patches going after an Ivy Leaguer - Terrible.

:D
Patches isn't a good fighter but is a big guy. Vesey looked wobbly for a second, hope he is ok.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patches going after an Ivy Leaguer - Terrible.

:D

giphy.gif