• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can USC & Washington carry the PAC-12 upon their shoulders?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but what I was saying is that's why the perception happened.

Oh, ok. Yeah, I get what you're saying and agree. That probably does have a lot to do with the perception.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it's all about name recognition and hype.

ESPN is in bed with the SEC...so for everybody else, except those with a
name, it is an uphill struggle.

College Football always selected its National Champion based on "another man's opinion."
The last few years, they've allowed a pseudo playoff...BUT, it was "another man's opinion"
that got us the final four teams.

We're all familiar with the adage..."The SEC beats each other up." Catchy slogan used to
influence those that pick, in the hopes of getting two SEC teams in the playoff.

I'll give you a stat on that...

In the 84-year history of the SEC they have had 72 teams that have gone unbeaten
in Conference play. However, only 24 of those teams finished unbeaten.

The obvious logic is...48 of those unbeaten in SEC play got their ass whipped by someone
outside of the SEC.

We all remark, from time to time, about how College Football has the most important
regular season. There is some truth to that. But, where College Football really excels
is in "spin." Nobody can twist the English Language and Prey on the unsuspecting like
the talking heads for College Football.
Well said. Spin's definitely been invloved a whole bunch.

I could see two teams from the ACC, B1G, SEC and Pac 12 getting into the CFP this year...not just the SEC. FSU/Clem, Bama/Aubie, tOSU/Penn State, USC/Washington. Things would have to fall just right but it could happen.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC and Colorado are the only 2 teams with an AP National Title.
That doesn't look good.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP forgot to count in the injuries quotion factor that are sure to come, namely the QBs, RBs and other high impact positions as well…

GL2U all this coming season.

images.jpeg

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, Davey O'Brien era. Who the hell were the Carnegie Tech Tartans?

"On January 2, 1939, the Frogs squared off against the #6 Carnegie Tech Tartans, eventually winning 15-7. O'Brien finished the game going 17-for-28 for 225 yards and a touchdown. He missed two extra points, but made a field goal, and he also had an interception (not threw an interception, had an interception). His pick came in the last few minutes of the game, essentially sealing the game."

17 of 28 passes for 225 yards? Probably called an Air Raid offense in 1938!

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, Davey O'Brien era. Who the hell were the Carnegie Tech Tartans?

"On January 2, 1939, the Frogs squared off against the #6 Carnegie Tech Tartans, eventually winning 15-7. O'Brien finished the game going 17-for-28 for 225 yards and a touchdown. He missed two extra points, but made a field goal, and he also had an interception (not threw an interception, had an interception). His pick came in the last few minutes of the game, essentially sealing the game."

17 of 28 passes for 225 yards? Probably called an Air Raid offense in 1938!
That's a hell of a lot of passing yards for that era.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong forum and ya she's a cvnt.

One of the worst things that ever happened to the University of Washington. Not just the athletic program, but just the university in general.

Friend of mine who is one of Jim Lambright's grand daughters told me that Lambright found out about his firing through the newspaper. Lambright's firing was a personal thing with Hedges, she didn't even call or reach out to him to tell him. I honestly feel that the program would have been more successful had Lambright been the head coach and was never fired.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the worst things that ever happened to the University of Washington. Not just the athletic program, but just the university in general.

Friend of mine who is one of Jim Lambright's grand daughters told me that Lambright found out about his firing through the newspaper. Lambright's firing was a personal thing with Hedges, she didn't even call or reach out to him to tell him. I honestly feel that the program would have been more successful had Lambright been the head coach and was never fired.
@mrwallace2ku posted a pic of Lisa Murkowski ... the Alaska US senator that just screwed Trump over on the health care repeal. He's all about her.

That story about Hedges doesn't surprise me one bit. She did her best to run the program into the ground and she found the right guy to do it when she hired Ty Willingham. Horrible hire not to mention she kept him around way longer than any AD in their right mind would have.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@mrwallace2ku posted a pic of Lisa Murkowski ... the Alaska US senator that just screwed Trump over on the health care repeal. He's all about her.

That story about Hedges doesn't surprise me one bit. She did her best to run the program into the ground and she found the right guy to do it when she hired Ty Willingham. Horrible hire not to mention she kept him around way longer than any AD in their right mind would have.

I know, the response was mostly regarding Hedges. She's up there with Clay Bennett in terms of people I hate the most that are connected to Seattle sports.