• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can the bucs really win the NFC South? Can they go to SB?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously. You can say that about any NFL team and their QB.

The Bucs do have young talent outside of Jameis though.

Yes, 100% agree

The fact that they have a talented roster, and have surrounded Winston with plenty of weapons (i think OJ Howard will be phenomenal) means to me, his play will determine what they do, and Im a wee bit skeptical to be honest....

DrewScott

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2017 NFC playoff teams:

Dallas
Carolina
GB
Seattle

Atlanta
NYG

So no to the Bucs

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2017 NFC playoff teams:

Dallas
Carolina
GB
Seattle

Atlanta
NYG

So no to the Bucs

Think the Seattle window has closed, but now that i think about it, who else in that division would win it?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina was also favored to repeat. How did that work out? Had Atlanta not swept NO or Carolina last year they would be 9-7 and TB would have had that tie-breaker and Atlanta would have been going to GB in wild card round, where they most likely would not have won. Two wins against the saints and panthers decided the NFC South last year. I would not be surprised if Atlanta lost at home to Miami, Green Bay, and Minnesota next year. None of them will be easy home games.

I'm thinking ATL repeats as well, right now they look like the most complete team. But having seen how this DIV goes from yr to yr, you can't be too certain about anything really...the bottom line is Winston seems to be solidifying Tampa as a yr in yr out threat to much like Brees, Ryan and Newton have done for the other 3 teams.

That said, each team (pretty much like every team in the NFL except NE) is so thin that one or two key injuries can change a 9 or 11 win team to a 7 or 8 win team.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2017 NFC playoff teams:

Dallas
Carolina
GB
Seattle

Atlanta
NYG

So no to the Bucs

My thoughts right now.

NYG
ATL
GB
SEA

DAL
TB...real tough call on the 6th team, most likely will come down to tie breakers.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once the games actually start, Then is when everyone else will realize how good the Bucs are. This is not a comparison but an analogy. The 2017 Bucs will be like the 1999 Rams.

First off the Bucs schedule is tailor made for a great season, especially a fast start. The Bucs will only leave the State of Florida Twice from the Start of Training Camp to October 14th (at Cincinnati week 1 of Preseason, At Minnesota Week 3 of Regular Season). Bucs do not play a Division game until week 8. Bucs play only 2 Division games in the first 11 week.

Second, Last Year the Bucs lost their #1,#2, #3 RBs, #2, #3, #4 WRs, #2 TE, #1 RT to Injuries for good portions of the season. While Injuries will happen again, the chance of this kind of decimation is unlikely. Add in the replacements are much more talented and now Deeper and maybe if it does happen again they can improve by One Game and finish 10-6.

Third, Not to say the game was close, but If the Bucs had beaten the Falcons in Tampa, Tampa would have been Division Champs. So for as good as the Falcons were last year they were just one game better than the Bucs. Add in they were also one of the youngest team and improvement is almost expected.

Fourth, the OLine is a Strength, not a Weakness. Most people who Judge OLinemen are Morons. They have no concept of Line Assignments and other Factors that put pressure on the OLine.

Last Year the Bucs had one of the slowest Offenses, proven by the fact they had Not One Play go longer than 45 yards. Think about that.

Now If your WRs are Slow and struggle to get open(or you only have one that can), then the QB HAS TO HOLD ON TO THE BALL LONGER. That is NO Reflection in the Oline, NONE. So Hits on the QB are NOT only on the OLine, and in some case Not At ALL On the OLine.

Now with Speed Balance and Options in the Passing Game, I expect those same Morons who said these SAME PLAYERS suck today, will call them Really Good at the end of the year, Like Morons are want to do...

That said, OLine is the one area the Bucs cannot afford Injury, When Dotson went down last year the RT position became the Biggest Liability on the team, go watch the Cowboys game...

Stopped reading at

"The 2017 Bucs will be like the 1999 Rams"

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoffs maybe. Super Bowl? No.

Teams finally getting back to the playoffs rarely go all the way that first year. It will take a few years to get all the way (if they even do).

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see the Bucs competing for the NFCS. Should be an interesting season.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, the Bucs will win the South.

Are you WillJ... from the PSR forums? Just curious. He's a poster I knew from a different board, and he made posts like this.

WTF?

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen the Bucs mentioned as a playoff darling for 2017. I like young talented teams but IMO there are young AND established teams in the NFC for them to deal with

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen the Bucs mentioned as a playoff darling for 2017. I like young talented teams but IMO there are young AND established teams in the NFC for them to deal with

Cowboys, Packers, Redskins, etc...

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a card carrying Bucs hater I can't even stand typing it but I think they'll make the playoffs. Probably as a wildcard.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What do you mean "WTF?"

It's a very straightforward and simple question. I asked if you were a Saints poster I knew from another board. What is so hard to comprehend about that?

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys, Packers, Redskins, etc...
The Redskins and Cowboys?!?!?

Win Totals the last 2 Years
Washington = 17
Dallas = 17
Tampa = 15

If not for the Lovie Smith Collapse in Washington, 17, 16, 16.....

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't buy your logic at all @Brees#1
History and trends have little bearing on the current year. It's proven time and time again in the NFL. It comes down to the product on the field, breaks (good and bad), injuries, who you play and when you play them.
I think the Falcons are favored to repeat (Although not having Shanahan there might be interesting), and after that it's a toss-up.
Ed Zachary. Each year brings new challenges and certainly will not play out exactly the same as the last. Why people think this upcoming season will be exactly like last season is beyond me.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Redskins and Cowboys?!?!?

Win Totals the last 2 Years
Washington = 17
Dallas = 17
Tampa = 15

If not for the Lovie Smith Collapse in Washington, 17, 16, 16.....

Ok, established was probably the wrong word to use for the Cowboys, but I'm thinking I wanted to type Seahawks instead of Redskins.

:doh: Yeah I turned that into a clusterfuck.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't read the entire thing but not sure why the NFC South comes down to 2 games that are both against non-divisional opponents. Those games are like the least valuable of any on the schedule. At most they are a test to see which team can best stand up to the Super Bowl Champs.

No shit. Plus the games are played in weeks 2 and 5. If NE is NE and the games were in Late Nov or beyond and TB/NO were rollin. His point might have some, not much, but some merit. As it stands now , his point is weak.

Being more a Djax fan than a Djax detractor. I do dig the upgrade his resume has received from Brees#1. When he came to DC he was supposed to be a Crip. Who would bring an unwanted and possible dangerous element along with him. Or some shit like that. As well as drag the offense down with his diva-ish ways. Now he's just a ball hog who runs sloppy routes when not targeted enough. Who will drag the offense down with his diva-ish ways. That's gotta be good for a 2 tier bump in improvement.

Here's one Skins fan who still wishes he was a ball hog running sloppy routes and dragging the Skins offense down with his diva-ish ways. If everyone can stay healthy. That passing game should be a monster.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, established was probably the wrong word to use for the Cowboys, but I'm thinking I wanted to type Seahawks instead of Redskins.

:doh: Yeah I turned that into a clusterfuck.
No Worries, I do agree with the Sentiment though. I just think this is the Year the Bucs establish themselves, but I am a homer so.....

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crab legs won't win the division. Aints are done, Scam Newton is a black Tim Tebow and ATL will win the division minus a Matt Ryan injury.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last Year the Bucs had one of the slowest Offenses, proven by the fact they had Not One Play go longer than 45 yards. Think about that.

I don't know if that means TB's offense was the slowest in the league last year, but thinking back on some of the TB plays I saw last year in highlights. That's a little mind blowing. Well, you guys recently acquired maybe the perfect ball hogging, sloppy route running WR. That will make that stat something you won't have to worry about seeing again.