• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can someone let me know when these matches are re-broadcast?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me know the time/channel these matches will be re-aired, I've never seen them.

* 1999 Men's French Open Finals

* 2001 Clijsters - Capriati French Open Finals.

* 1991 Courier - Agassi Finals.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me know the time/channel these matches will be re-aired, I've never seen them.

I know tennis channels show clasic matches from time to time

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll add one more match: The 2011 FO match between FED and Djokovic.

I almost made it through the entire day without the results being spoiled. But when I met with my family elsewhere in the evening, the TV was on in the other room, so the results were spoiled before I could go back to my apartment and watch it.

So, I didn't watch the match too carefully later that night.

Had I known it would be the 2nd to last time FED would beat Djokovic in a major, as of now, I would have savored it more, and paid more attention.

So, I want to rewatch this at some point and pay attention.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know tennis channels show clasic matches from time to time

Yeah. It's just between this and ESPN Classic, if anyone notices one of these matches, let me know.

I have a few wishlist searches activated on my DVR, but these could still slip through the cracks.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. It's just between this and ESPN Classic, if anyone notices one of these matches, let me know.

I have a few wishlist searches activated on my DVR, but these could still slip through the cracks.

Will do

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But to be honest with you I doubt this is happening anytime soon. They usually replay classics when there's barely any current tennis taking place

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN Classic shows them sometimes, too.

I think you might have to dig deep to find sources online that show them illegally.

Other than that, you might need to buy vids from the actual venues that held the events.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But to be honest with you I doubt this is happening anytime soon. They usually replay classics when there's barely any current tennis taking place

I noticed 2 weeks before the AO, ESPN Classic started airing classic AO matches.

I thought they might do the same, near the end of April, for the FO. Maybe early May.

Tennis Channel will probably start airing classic FO matches earlier than ESPN Classic, but because they also broadcast current tourneys, their blocks of time might be shorter. I think with ESPN Classic, I would see 3-4 classic tennis matches in a row, whereas Tennis Channel has other programming and studio segments, so it might only be 1-2 matches in a row.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed 2 weeks before the AO, ESPN Classic started airing classic AO matches.

I thought they might do the same, near the end of April, for the FO. Maybe early May.

Tennis Channel will probably start airing classic FO matches earlier than ESPN Classic, but because they also broadcast current tourneys, their blocks of time might be shorter. I think with ESPN Classic, I would see 3-4 classic tennis matches in a row, whereas Tennis Channel has other programming and studio segments, so it might only be 1-2 matches in a row.

Very possible

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They usually do that before every slam.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sadly, my DVR couldn't find any of these matches being rebroadcast this month.

No search results from the wishlist ever happened.

With the FO coming up in 1 week, and Tennis Channel dedicating a lot of time the qualifying rounds, as well as good matches from the 2015 FO, I think I'm out of luck.

I can't believe not one older than 2015 FO match was re-aired during the past 5-6 weeks.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN Classic is busy the next 2 weeks with College Football; 30 for 30; Indy 500; a few NBA games; a few MLB games.

I guess they hate the FO now that the main ESPN channels don't show it.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My DVR has picked up a lot of classic Wimbledon matches from 2000 - 2012 being re-aired on ESPN Classic, coming up soon.

Which makes it even more apparent, that ESPN Classic shit all over classic FO matches, by skipping them.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* I watched the 1994 Stich vs. Agassi USO Finals. It wasn't a good match. Stich struggled with his serve. Agassi won the first 7 points of the match.

Stich forced a tiebreak in the 2nd set. But just throughout the match, it didn't look like Stich could get easy holds, or string together a few points. Every game was a tight one for him.

I also thought that Agassi missed a lot of shots with his backhand. He didn't have a high unforced error count, but he should have (even though it wouldn't have changed the outcome). He seemed to dump a lot of shots into the net.

* Also saw the Agassi vs. Sampras 2001 QF match.

Pretty cool how Agassi saved 3 set points in the 1st set tiebreaker to win the tiebreaker.

I had also planned to watch the 1999 USO Finals this this weekend, but the video I found last year has been removed. I can only find a foreign language one.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found an English version again.

I'm going to watch it this weekend, I'm tired of spending years not having seen the match.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* Pretty cool to see Todd Martin win the 2nd set tiebreak after being down 3 - 1 in the tiebreak.

* Surprisingly, he won the 3rd set tiebreak as well, and had a 2 sets to 1 lead. I'm glad I didn't memorize the set scores beforehand, as it provided more drama for me to watch this.

* It's very tough to watch the matches on Daily Motion. Streaming quality is poor. It's hard to see the ball.

Comparatively, it's easier to watch an SD match on ESPN Classic. Better quality, even for SD.

I don't think I'd watch another match on Daily Motion. I see the 1999 FO Finals is on there, but I want to be able to enjoy the quality of a match more, so I'll wait for it to be replayed on ESPN Classic (even though they gave the middle finger to the FO and didn't re-air any classic FO matches this year). Or, even some YouTube uploaders have better quality matches.

I mean, the best Daily Motion does is 380p (check the HD settings on there for a video).

I've seen a YouTube Lendl vs. McEnroe FO Finals @360p that's much easier to watch.

I found an Agassi vs. Medvedev on YouTube that's easier to watch than Daily Motion:

* I feel bad for Martin. He wasn't broken in the 2nd or 3rd sets, thus his 2 sets to 1 lead. Yet late in the 4th, he was broken, to even the match at 2 sets all. He was 0 / 8 on BP chances for the match. One can point out that one can't win a match, if one can't break the other guy a few times.

After watching the match though, even though Martin had 8 chances, it didn't seem that he put too much pressure on Agassi. Agassi was able to fight them off easily. There weren't one of those games where Martin had a lot of BP chances and kept putting pressure on Agassi. Rather, they were scattered throughout the match, so Agassi probably only had to fight off one in a service game at most, approximately.

Also, Martin had to win a 5 setter in the 1st round, and 4th round, to get to the Finals. He fought hard to get to the Finals, and had a 2 sets to 1 lead. I feel bad that he didn't win a major.

This was a better quality match than the 1994 Finals with Agassi vs. Stich.

However, I still thought that Martin didn't play his best in the 1st set. He couldn't keep the ball in play for very long.

He did better in the 2nd set and later.

It's funny that 125 - 128 mph was considered "fast" then.

Martin's breaks against him seemed to come when he was leading in the service games. So they were more surprising, because of his lead in those service games.

* Overall, this was a good 5 sets Finals.