• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I still think the Eagles can be good

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the game I thought the team was just bad and wondered what the fuck happened. Listening to and reading a good number of analyst report and articles and reviewing the game I still feel this is a good team that is not executing well. It seems to be a trend across the NFL. Seattle picked by most to actually win the Superbowl are0-2. The Colts expected to do deep in the playoffs have been bad. Think Bradford has been playing bad……watch Luck….he is having issues too.

Chip Kelly: CK Is a fanatic when it comes to preparation. I am sure he is going over all phases of the game and letting people know what needs to be done. The problem is that no one is executing. For the most part the entire offense is completely new and still learning the offense. The brilliant performances in the preseason lets me know that this team can be very good. Even great but the pieces have to come together. People are saying that people have figured him out. Who in the NFL has not figured out their opponents? With all the film out there it is easy to game plan. The key is executing and calling the right plays at the right time. For us it seems on every play there was one person who had a key assignment and he screwed it up. No one on the offense has looked good. I am sure he will get it fixed. I am not off his bandwagon yet.

Billy Davis: I am definitely off of his bandwagon. He is brutal. He makes horrible calls at crucial times during the game. I know of a couple key third downs where he had Barwin drop back in coverage and left that entire side of the field open for an easy QB scramble. What moron drops one of the best pass rushers in the game in coverage on third down? The TD given up at the end? I am not sure that was all Maxwell’s fault. First he was 10 yards deep and I believe that was a designed call. Second did anyone see the confused look on his face when it happened? It was like he expected someone to be in coverage in that area. Earlier in the game when Maxwell jammed him at the line Williams could not get anything going. Then all of a sudden Maxwell is playing off. That is not on him. That is the bad defensive play call. Davis is getting bailed out by the talent he has on the front 7.

Offensive Line: The offensive line has been brutal in run blocking. I think this is because of missed assignments and not because of their inability to block. Everyone has been missing their assignments. That is something CK needs to fix but I think that it can be corrected. The pass blocking has been very good. Bradford has had plenty of nice sustained pockets. He just has not had anyone to throw to because no one is getting open.

Wide Receivers: They are not getting open, dropping passes and running wrong routes. They are making too many mistakes that should never happen. The drops are just brutal. They are not always on the same page with Bradford but that improves with experience in the system.

Sam Bradford: I think he is going to be very good once he gets the entire offense down. This is a new system and he does not show much panic. We have to remember that he has not played in 2 years and is in a new system that he is still learning. He has not had much to work with either. The running game has been bad because of the blocking. Teams are sitting back in coverage because they are able to stop our run with a normal rush. He is a very, very accurate QB and he showed that in the preseason and in both of these games. The INT in the end zone was brutal. It was a very tight throw when I looked at the replay. Just a little more lead and we have the perfect through instead of the brutal INT. A game of inches they say. It was a throw he should have pulled back though and not attempted. Bradford has made some bad throws. All QB’s do but he has also been plagued with bad drops at critical times. I think he too will come around.

Byron Maxwell: I am not convinced his issues are because he is bad. I think Davis does not know how to call a defense that uses him properly. Maxwell was targeted a lot while in Seattle because of Sherman on the other side. He can play the position. Seattle does not use any complex schemes. They use basic defenses that rely on personnel and Maxwell was a good part of that. Also, what has the offense done to help the defense out let alone Maxwell? There comes a point where we have to remember that he is human and by the end of the game he was probably wiped out.

As bad as this team has been at times we had the opportunities to actually win both games this year.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing (and its the most important thing) that I am not confident can be fixed is Sam Bradford. His checkdown charlie rep seems to be following him here. Additionally, I think he is partially to blame for the running game problems as I don't think he is selling play fakes well.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing (and its the most important thing) that I am not confident can be fixed is Sam Bradford. His checkdown charlie rep seems to be following him here. Additionally, I think he is partially to blame for the running game problems as I don't think he is selling play fakes well.

I can't fault him for checking down because no one is getting open. He is not doing that by choice. He has shown he will get rid of the ball.

Bradford IMO gets zero blame for the running game problems. Selling a play fake has nothing to do with the missed blocks.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say is, I hope so. But right now, I am pretty damn negative on Bradford and the offense. I think the defense is the bright spot of the team, even if the secondary looks shaky and Maxwell clearly looks the part of a free agent bust.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Davis is ruining Maxwell. He is completely clueless how to use the talent he has on defense. Maxwell was targeted a lot in Seattle and they run a base defense.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the game I thought the team was just bad and wondered what the fuck happened. Listening to and reading a good number of analyst report and articles and reviewing the game I still feel this is a good team that is not executing well. It seems to be a trend across the NFL. Seattle picked by most to actually win the Superbowl are0-2. The Colts expected to do deep in the playoffs have been bad. Think Bradford has been playing bad……watch Luck….he is having issues too.

Chip Kelly: CK Is a fanatic when it comes to preparation. I am sure he is going over all phases of the game and letting people know what needs to be done. The problem is that no one is executing. For the most part the entire offense is completely new and still learning the offense. The brilliant performances in the preseason lets me know that this team can be very good. Even great but the pieces have to come together. People are saying that people have figured him out. Who in the NFL has not figured out their opponents? With all the film out there it is easy to game plan. The key is executing and calling the right plays at the right time. For us it seems on every play there was one person who had a key assignment and he screwed it up. No one on the offense has looked good. I am sure he will get it fixed. I am not off his bandwagon yet.

Billy Davis: I am definitely off of his bandwagon. He is brutal. He makes horrible calls at crucial times during the game. I know of a couple key third downs where he had Barwin drop back in coverage and left that entire side of the field open for an easy QB scramble. What moron drops one of the best pass rushers in the game in coverage on third down? The TD given up at the end? I am not sure that was all Maxwell’s fault. First he was 10 yards deep and I believe that was a designed call. Second did anyone see the confused look on his face when it happened? It was like he expected someone to be in coverage in that area. Earlier in the game when Maxwell jammed him at the line Williams could not get anything going. Then all of a sudden Maxwell is playing off. That is not on him. That is the bad defensive play call. Davis is getting bailed out by the talent he has on the front 7.

Offensive Line: The offensive line has been brutal in run blocking. I think this is because of missed assignments and not because of their inability to block. Everyone has been missing their assignments. That is something CK needs to fix but I think that it can be corrected. The pass blocking has been very good. Bradford has had plenty of nice sustained pockets. He just has not had anyone to throw to because no one is getting open.

Wide Receivers: They are not getting open, dropping passes and running wrong routes. They are making too many mistakes that should never happen. The drops are just brutal. They are not always on the same page with Bradford but that improves with experience in the system.

Sam Bradford: I think he is going to be very good once he gets the entire offense down. This is a new system and he does not show much panic. We have to remember that he has not played in 2 years and is in a new system that he is still learning. He has not had much to work with either. The running game has been bad because of the blocking. Teams are sitting back in coverage because they are able to stop our run with a normal rush. He is a very, very accurate QB and he showed that in the preseason and in both of these games. The INT in the end zone was brutal. It was a very tight throw when I looked at the replay. Just a little more lead and we have the perfect through instead of the brutal INT. A game of inches they say. It was a throw he should have pulled back though and not attempted. Bradford has made some bad throws. All QB’s do but he has also been plagued with bad drops at critical times. I think he too will come around.

Byron Maxwell: I am not convinced his issues are because he is bad. I think Davis does not know how to call a defense that uses him properly. Maxwell was targeted a lot while in Seattle because of Sherman on the other side. He can play the position. Seattle does not use any complex schemes. They use basic defenses that rely on personnel and Maxwell was a good part of that. Also, what has the offense done to help the defense out let alone Maxwell? There comes a point where we have to remember that he is human and by the end of the game he was probably wiped out.

As bad as this team has been at times we had the opportunities to actually win both games this year.

the best weed is around kennett square. FWIW

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't fault him for checking down because no one is getting open. He is not doing that by choice. He has shown he will get rid of the ball.

Bradford IMO gets zero blame for the running game problems. Selling a play fake has nothing to do with the missed blocks.

If the defense doesn't respect the play fake, they will have the numbers on the offensive line. Very few offensive lines are going to be successful if the defense knows what is coming.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the defense doesn't respect the play fake, they will have the numbers on the offensive line. Very few offensive lines are going to be successful if the defense knows what is coming.

You have to be successful running the ball before anyone will consider biting on a play fake.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to be successful running the ball before anyone will consider biting on a play fake.

Review the tape on the Dallas game, and I don't think you will see a single read option or play action pass. Every single run was telegraphed from the point of handoff and every handoff I believe was out of the shotgun with no lead blocker and no pass fake.

This is not the Chip Kelly offense we have seen over the last couple of years with post snap reads and directing the ball to where the defense is not. With post snap reads and options, the ball carrier should always have an advantage of some sort over the defense and for whatever reason, the Eagles didn't do any of that in the Dallas game.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Review the tape on the Dallas game, and I don't think you will see a single read option or play action pass. Every single run was telegraphed from the point of handoff and every handoff I believe was out of the shotgun with no lead blocker and no pass fake.

This is not the Chip Kelly offense we have seen over the last couple of years with post snap reads and directing the ball to where the defense is not. With post snap reads and options, the ball carrier should always have an advantage of some sort over the defense and for whatever reason, the Eagles didn't do any of that in the Dallas game.

You are right. There is normally a lot of movement at the LOS to get the matchup they want. Nothing has been done in that regard and I will not pretend to have an answer for that.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some good points.
I think we should win the East. Chip will straighten it out. He didn't get dumb all of a sudden.
Bradford will get better and I think he will go long, after he sees the WR's catch the ball, and he gets more time.
Maxwell will get better, and Davis/Undlin need to play more zone, as that is when he is at his best. Right now, he's miscast.
The D is great at run D, and we need to fix the secondary, which I think Chip will make sure it does.
I'm still on the bandwagon.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The battle is won in the trenches. We have struggled everywhere on offense, but the ingredient for success will start with our o-line. With the line shaping up we'll be able to get our run game going, making for more manageable down and distance. Right now we're going backwards. The run game will draw attention to the box and free up receiving targets down the field -- right now everyone is getting into our backfield with 6 defenders. We also need to give Sam a clean pocket for the most part and let him get comfortable back there. We lost some serious talent at the guard spot, yet we still shouldn't be this bad on the o-line. Building that chemistry and cohesiveness with that group will go a long way. It would be very encouraging to the see the line shape up against a great NYJ team in NY, but I'm not sure we'll get things rolling until maybe after the Jets game.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup as bad as we've played we were still right in both games with multiple chances to win each.

They'll get it fixed.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the WR's had way too many drops.

That said, the WR's were open a "LOT" that Bradford just didn't see them or was looking for something else that was not there, instead of taking what was there. So I disagree that the WR's were not getting open.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the WR's had way too many drops.

That said, the WR's were open a "LOT" that Bradford just didn't see them or was looking for something else that was not there, instead of taking what was there. So I disagree that the WR's were not getting open.

There was too much film that showed otherwise. In the Cowboys game Aikman commented on that often. Some of them are getting open when it is too late.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford plays EXACTLY like you'd expect a Browns QB to play. should have been a sign.