• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can Mark Trumbo hit .180 as a Mariner?

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wondering. I mean, Robby can't even hit .240, so, seriously, what should we expect from Trumbo?

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think that's a realistic goal for him

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now I believe that Pete Rose in his prime would have probably hit .180 as a Mariner.

In the dictionary for the word Mariner one of the descriptions should say "A place where good hitters turn to crap."

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cano isn't hitting cause he doesn't care, Beltre didn't hit because he didn't care just about every other player that has been brought in is the wrong type of player to be successful as a Mariner. More guys like Cruz (line drive hitters) need to be brought in, the park was built for a power lefty and RH gap hitters.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Doubles hitters (gap hitters) will win you more games over the course of a year than all or nothing home run hitters IMO.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen a lot of bad baseball in Seattle, but this team feels worse than even most of the teams in the 80's when it comes to the basic fundamentals of hitting. They don't get sac flies, they don't bunt players along, they don't run that well on the bases, I don't recall them putting the game in motion. They just send guys up there to hack at everything they see and that seems to be their team batting philosophy.

Hell, how many times did Lou still make a guy attempt a bunt with 2 strikes on him because he said you were going to bunt? This team doesn't even try it. I can think of a few games where a late sac bunt would have put them in a situation to win one they ended up losing.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen a lot of bad baseball in Seattle, but this team feels worse than even most of the teams in the 80's when it comes to the basic fundamentals of hitting. They don't get sac flies, they don't bunt players along, they don't run that well on the bases, I don't recall them putting the game in motion. They just send guys up there to hack at everything they see and that seems to be their team batting philosophy.

Hell, how many times did Lou still make a guy attempt a bunt with 2 strikes on him because he said you were going to bunt? This team doesn't even try it. I can think of a few games where a late sac bunt would have put them in a situation to win one they ended up losing.

It's been forever since the Mariners played small ball. Hell, even when the team is built for small ball, the team doesn't play it.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is is the team wasn't constructed to where they can play small ball. They don't have the speed, they don't have the contact type guys to do hit and runs either. With Lou's team they had boppers, but also had guys who could make contact when they would do a hit and run. Had the team had Junior, Edgar and a bunch of Buhner's they wouldn't had succeeded either.

There has been alot bad baseball in Seattle, but this is the 2nd time under Jack where it has felt like the worst in their history. Where the team should be at least be a playoff contender but have completely flopped because (IMO) Jack's constructing of the team.