• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can anyone make a legit argument for anyone other than FSU to be number 1?

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. When the argument is Bama, what happened last year is relevant. When other teams bring up their season from last year, it shouldn't be considered. . . I am confused.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That ACC Clemson team did beat a healthy Georgia team in the first game of the year, didn't they? You know, that Georgia team that went toe to toe with Bama in the SEC Championship in 12'. I know, different season. Agreed.

But, this is not the 2012' Seminoles either. Very talented on both sides of the ball, and IMO, more talented than the Tide, but we will see.

I have made the argument that this FSU is scary good on all sides of the ball, but I do think some reservation needs to be had when looking at the competition its being done against this year. I see FSU being a strong number 2 team and frankly, they can have the top spot for all i care. That target is something you have to live up to each week and thats added pressure that some teams simply cannot handle.

I want the FSu/Bama matchup, i think thats the title game the FBS level needs this year. Would be a battle to the end in my opinion.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. When the argument is Bama, what happened last year is relevant. When other teams bring up their season from last year, it shouldn't be considered. . . I am confused.

Who has done this, or are you going to be cryptic and not say anything but this. Provide examples and debunk the theories being thrown out.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who has done this, or are you going to be cryptic and not say anything but this. Provide examples and debunk the theories being thrown out.

Whenever an Ohio State fan brings up 21 in a row, they are told that last year doesn't matter. Please don't pretend that argument isn't made continually here.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course it is. Always been a popularity contest when it comes to Bama. Hell, how many more Superbowl Championships do you think the Cowboys would have if the NFL "voted" it's Champions?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whenever an Ohio State fan brings up 21 in a row, they are told that last year doesn't matter. Please don't pretend that argument isn't made continually here.

tOSU is good, but again we are using the same analogy of playing in what many believe is a very weak B1G. no one knows if tOSU is good or not ebcause they really havent played a top schedule this year and they have Tressel to blame for last year and not being Bowl eligible. I they stay undefeated this year, they will get a shot next year most likely and more respect.

Just remember, be careful what you wish for, you might just get it. If Bama loses tonight, tOSU is in the mix and that could spell trouble because FSU is a pretty stout machine.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got the championship belt baby, come TRY to take it away!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama hasn't done anything wrong, and they were preseason #1. So only way Bama moves out of #1 is if they lose. Not that it matters, but 1 or 2 same thing.

Now as far as each team has played. Pretty equal. Both dominating compeition, expect for 1 close win against A&M. So yeah, Bama is #1 and still is the best team IMO. I don't care how good FSU looks.

The question is how good will they look when they play Saban and a month to prepare? They haven't played one good defense. Clemson is #31 and how good is their D really...just saying

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tOSU is good, but again we are using the same analogy of playing in what many believe is a very weak B1G. no one knows if tOSU is good or not ebcause they really havent played a top schedule this year and they have Tressel to blame for last year and not being Bowl eligible. I they stay undefeated this year, they will get a shot next year most likely and more respect.

Just remember, be careful what you wish for, you might just get it. If Bama loses tonight, tOSU is in the mix and that could spell trouble because FSU is a pretty stout machine.

What's the worst that could happen? The team loses badly. I've lived through worse. It's not like it's life and death. Oregon lost Thursday and the sun came up Friday.

I also have lived through hearing that Ohio State had no chance against a team on a 34 game winning streak. Result? Championship.

I know this for sure. If they don't get to the game, they can't win it. I would rather they have the chance even if they fail.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have made the argument that this FSU is scary good on all sides of the ball, but I do think some reservation needs to be had when looking at the competition its being done against this year. I see FSU being a strong number 2 team and frankly, they can have the top spot for all i care. That target is something you have to live up to each week and thats added pressure that some teams simply cannot handle.

I want the FSu/Bama matchup, i think thats the title game the FBS level needs this year. Would be a battle to the end in my opinion.

I could care less about how FSU is "ranked". I just want the best two teams playing for the Championship, and if Stanford hadn't beaten Oregon, it probably wasn't going to happen. That would have been a travesty.

But hey, you can't claim to be the 15 time national champion without a little "travesty" in the voting of ncaa football championships.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To answer OP......No, no they cannot.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could care less about how FSU is "ranked". I just want the best two teams playing for the Championship, and if Stanford hadn't beaten Oregon, it probably wasn't going to happen. That would have been a travesty.

But hey, you can't claim to be the 15 time national champion without a little "travesty" in the voting of ncaa football championships.

Personally i only claim the 9 AP titles, that way its a basis for an argument. I do see how many can use the 12 that some claim and i can back their claims with an argument also, but i dont see 15 as being viable to claim at all. Of course there is 1966 when an undefeated Alabama wasnt voted a title but Notre Dame(who lost a game) was.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally i only claim the 9 AP titles, that way its a basis for an argument. I do see how many can use the 12 that some claim and i can back their claims with an argument also, but i dont see 15 as being viable to claim at all. Of course there is 1966 when an undefeated Alabama wasnt voted a title but Notre Dame(who lost a game) was.

Agreed.