• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can anyone make a legit argument for anyone other than FSU to be number 1?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK so theoretically each season is supposed to be judged on its own merits ( hopefully we can all agree on that premise). If we all agree on that can anyone make a real argument for a team other than FSU to be number 1?? If so let me hear it.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK so theoretically each season is supposed to be judged on its own merits ( hopefully we can all agree on that premise). If we all agree on that can anyone make a real argument for a team other than FSU to be number 1?? If so let me hear it.

Dont know if its Legit or not, but I will say they are doing this in the ACC. They are not known for producing high quality football over the last several years. A bit of reservation is in order, but I have to admit, this FSU team is built alot like Bama and can adapt to its surrounding to be a power run team, or passing offense. They have a good defense and their special teams are not too shabby either.

ACC play is the only argument I have and considering we have had two top 10 teams that FSU has played and destroyed from the ACC, does this actually mean they are in fact really strong, or just a good team that has played weak competition.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't. Give them the damn #1 ranking. I bet Nick Saban WISHES they had it.

boomtown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama since the ACC =/= SEC and they have looked pretty immortal...look what Stanford did last night and multiply times ten

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Alabama has totally shut down every single team on the schedule defensively since aTm and are the back to back champion.

Oh and.... The offense is pretty dang good as well.

But to the point... 1 or 2. Doesnt matter. They both win out. We will see who is 1 on the field. FSU or Bama.

Both can prove it on the field and have football games to be played.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont know if its Legit or not, but I will say they are doing this in the ACC. They are not known for producing high quality football over the last several years. A bit of reservation is in order, but I have to admit, this FSU team is built alot like Bama and can adapt to its surrounding to be a power run team, or passing offense. They have a good defense and their special teams are not too shabby either.

ACC play is the only argument I have and considering we have had two top 10 teams that FSU has played and destroyed from the ACC, does this actually mean they are in fact really strong, or just a good team that has played weak competition.

I think thats probably most peoples concern although the Clemson team that FSU destroyed did beat a full strength UGA team. May get a better idea of how good Clemson is when they play the Cocks. Of course in saying "because they are in the ACC" we are taking past seasons into account which is human nature but technically not supposed to be done.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Alabama has totally shut down every single team on the schedule defensively since aTm and are the back to back champion.

Oh and.... The offense is pretty dang good as well.

But to the point... 1 or 2. Doesnt matter. They both win out. We will see who is 1 on the field. FSU or Bama.

Both can prove it on the field and have football games to be played.

Supposed to be irrelevant ( yes I know its not but its supposed to be)

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama is the defending back-to-back champions playing in the toughest conference in the land and are currently undefeated.

Until Alabama loses, they have earned the #1 ranking, and then some.

While Florida State looks awfully awfully good, they still have to beat the champ to be the champ.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't, Bama has looked ok, and the SEC >>>>> argument doesn't hold true, IMO. Baylor and Ohio State haven't played much of a schedule, so I couldn't put them above FSU.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I'm okay with FSU taking #1. They can have that target on their backs.

Yeah, thats what is not brought out in conversations about a team going wire to wire with that target on its back is the pressure of holding that spot. It takes a special team and coach to do what Bama is trying so hard to do and few have done it. I would gladly take the number 2 spot, gives a reason to try harder and a target for you to attain.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doesn't matter they sure as hell aren't anything less than #2. And all you need at end of the year is #2. so FSU is fine, will most likely get a shot to prove they are #1. This team is scary, and even scarier is they are young and currently have a very good recruiting class.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think thats probably most peoples concern although the Clemson team that FSU destroyed did beat a full strength UGA team. May get a better idea of how good Clemson is when they play the Cocks. Of course in saying "because they are in the ACC" we are taking past seasons into account which is human nature but technically not supposed to be done.

Boise beat a full strength Georgia team to start the season a few years ago. Georgia doesnt ever start strong. Clemson is not as tough as they appeared to be and SC will most probably beat them again this year.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can make a one word argument: Alabama

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can make a one word argument: Alabama

Sure but has Bama been more impressive than FSU this year?? I know it doesnt really matter since 2 is as good as 1 but its just interesting. I mean if you take the season based solely on the season and not the last few years I dont think even Bama fans would say theyve been more dominant/impressive than FSU.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjW9UXoKU2s]To Be The Man - YouTube[/ame]

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL so from what Im garnering is that Bama has the only argument and its because they won the last 2 titles and play in the SEC ( both of which arent really supposed to be considered but I guess it is what it is :) ). Kind of what I figured.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL so from what Im garnering is that Bama has the only argument and its because they won the last 2 titles and play in the SEC ( both of which arent really supposed to be considered but I guess it is what it is :) ). Kind of what I figured.

I gave you a pretty good argument based on the fact we havent seen much from the ACC in recent years. Clemson was the ACC champ a few years ago and had 70 laid on them in a bowl game. This is not what you would call a traditional football conference, so a bit of reservation is deserved at this point. Yes FSU looks dominant, but its a men among boys argument at this point with them in the ACC. Are they really that dominant or is the rest of the conference just that average to bad?

Right now its Bama's spot to lose and no they havent looked dominant each and every game, but they have had the target on their back each week and have continued to win and recently(since A&M) in very dominating fashion. At this point it doesnt matter who is one and who is two, but until they lose, its Bama's spot to lose.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That ACC Clemson team did beat a healthy Georgia team in the first game of the year, didn't they? You know, that Georgia team that went toe to toe with Bama in the SEC Championship in 12'. I know, different season. Agreed.

But, this is not the 2012' Seminoles either. Very talented on both sides of the ball, and IMO, more talented than the Tide, but we will see.