• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cam Newton pissed off another opposing teams fan by taking something from them

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won last year and he didn't talk shit. This is a moot point. Your only example was the way he looked on the sideline at the last play. That's it. That's not running your mouth. He still thinks he's the best corner in the game. He has zero incentive to be quiet due to some misguided view that he now sucks or the team isn't good. They were the #1 scoring defense for the 4th straight year this year. He could have ran his mouth before either playoff game this year. That's a national stage. He didn't. And he won't. He's got what he wanted. His paychecks are coming in from his endorsements. Case closed.

They didn't win last year. They lost in dramatic fashion, probably one of the top 3 worst SuperBowl mind-farts.

I say he is still the same asshat he always has been, you just haven't had a chance to see it.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I don't see Cam yelling at people, screaming at reporters, and acting like a jackass to "self promote".
And I never saw Sherman taking things from opposing fans in the stands either. He talked smack, Cam acts like a child. I didn't care for either. If some want to justify either then by all means do so.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has been over a year since MA made her thread, and she hasn't said a single douchy thing since then.

That means she is mature now, right?

Again, I haven't got a years worth of reading and watching to base an updated opinion of MA.

Any opinion I have on her present state would be just that, an opinion, not based on anything concrete.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't win last year. They lost in dramatic fashion, probably one of the top 3 worst SuperBowl mind-farts.

I say he is still the same asshat he always has been, you just haven't had a chance to see it.
And was he doing the same kinds of rants last season up to that last play? No.

So to you he didn't do the same things last year because he knew up front Wilson was going to throw a pick on the last play so he wanted to save face ahead of time?

Just doesn't make any sense, but boy is he deeply under your skin.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got no problem with opinions, just call out opinions and ask for proof. :L

Eh, you're a better poster than this. I think I'll just bow out now.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I never saw Sherman taking things from opposing fans in the stands either. He talked smack, Cam acts like a child. I didn't care for either. If some want to justify either then by all means do so.

LOL, yeah he sure took that flag that the girl handed him. :pound:

Next time someone hands you money and you take it, I'm gonna make fun of you. :)

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I haven't got a years worth of reading and watching to base an updated opinion of MA.

Any opinion I have on her present state would be just that, an opinion, not based on anything concrete.

Fair enough, I'll be adult enough to accept your opinion and not ask you to justify it. :suds:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They put a microphone in front of Sherman after every game. They did it this year, they did it last year, they did it before that. He started getting some of his commercials the spring after their SB win. He toned way down after that. It's not a coincidence.

You don't hear about him anymore because he doesn't say anything worth hearing. It's backwards of what you claim. He has the stage, but isn't using it. We hear his pressers week in and week out. They are boring now. Bennett is the only one speaking out and saying stupid shit. And his isn't an act. And no, I don't always care for things he says either.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has behaved much more humble this year but I have no clue why you think he was "owned every other week". That never happened. He had a good year and was still one of the top CBs in the league this year.

I think he was humbled by others...not that he made a decision to be humble. He got torched quite a bit this year. The team wasn't up to snuff so far as what he thought he'd be used to for a long time. His silence most of the year said it all.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you read what you posted? :L It actually said he hasn't been doing that and that reporter said it was nice to see. :L :L

He hasn't stood up and ranted like he did. End of story. Find words of his doing the same thing. You can't. He doesn't. He hasn't.

Why is this such a thing for some of you? Please pick up a doll and point to where he touched you. It seems deeply personal.

You all do know this is a thread about Cam right?
What he did was a total dick move IMO. He taunted another player at the SB when he thought things were going his way. To portray that as an improvement because there wasn't a microphone in front of him seems disingenuous to me. There was a camera and he went all out to taunt Revis in front of that camera. You don't think if there was a microphone in front of him at that exact moment he wouldn't have had something to say too? And I didn't bring up Sherman. I only responded to your post. And I only brought this particular action up because it was in the last two years.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A. He is still the top dog. Just ask him. :lol:
B. sideline reactions or barking at players on the field isn't the same thing people were talking about. He no longer runs his mouth in front of a microphone. He did so the first couple of years on purpose and it was obvious. Now that he's making his money and has his endorsements there is no reason for him to keep on doing it and in fact it would hurt those deals. That he could and did stop it is proof it was an act to start with. If it was just him being real he wouldn't be able to help himself.

Hate him all you want. Can't stop people from disliking whoever they feel like for whatever reasons they want to, but be honest about it.

If Cam grows out of this stupid phase of his I'll get over it, but until then he's an immature little bitch IMO.

I'd actually disagree with you that he did everything earlier on purpose. The Andrews tirade was off the hook, because it was intensely personal for him. He lost it.

He's a smart guy, but he lost his mind there.

A bunch of the other stuff? Definitely pre-planned.

And to be clear, he may very well have pre-planned some kind of statement post game in the NFCCG, but the plan didn't last.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And was he doing the same kinds of rants last season up to that last play? No.

So to you he didn't do the same things last year because he knew up front Wilson was going to throw a pick on the last play so he wanted to save face ahead of time?

Just doesn't make any sense, but boy is he deeply under your skin.

Not under my skin at all. I'm still discussing him because I was asked by SEA fans to discuss him. Damned if I do, damned if I don't. :noidea:

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was humbled by others...not that he made a decision to be humble. He got torched quite a bit this year. The team wasn't up to snuff so far as what he thought he'd be used to for a long time. His silence most of the year said it all.

Awesome. If he acts like a douchebag, it's because he's one. If he doesn't, it's because he's a wuss.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd actually disagree with you that he did everything earlier on purpose. The Andrews tirade was off the hook, because it was intensely personal for him. He lost it.

He's a smart guy, but he lost his mind there.

A bunch of the other stuff? Definitely pre-planned.

And to be clear, he may very well have pre-planned some kind of statement post game in the NFCCG, but the plan didn't last.
Ever follow the old WWF? Once you build up your character it's pretty easy to be in it. Would he still have said the same thing if the roles were reversed and he was the one that picked off the last play to win the SB? Probably, but who knows.

What we do know is he ran his mouth every chance he had. He did it on twitter, he did it in front of microphones, and he ran it on the sidelines. He doesn't do most of it anymore and for good reason. I'm not alone in thinking he did it on purpose, in fact it was talked about in the local media up here extensively during that time. He never denied it when asked about it.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, I'll be adult enough to accept your opinion and not ask you to justify it. :suds:

I'm honored that you'd think I could pull that off with MA.

Sadly I left my keys to time and space in my other pants.

Cheers.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not under my skin at all. I'm still discussing him because I was asked by SEA fans to discuss him. Damned if I do, damned if I don't. :noidea:
No one gives the vice principal a break do they? :whistle:

When sherman is an ass I don't care for it. When Bennett says stupid things I don't like it. Baldwin has been a stupid little jackass at times. AND I don't care for Cam's antics. That's me.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome. If he acts like a douchebag, it's because he's one. If he doesn't, it's because he's a wuss.

Nope. Typical douchebag behavior: When you are on top of the world, you can't stop screaming and talking trash to anyone who will listen. You show no respect to your opponents and act like a clown because you can.

What does a DB do when things aren't going so well? You don't hear a peep. No "you mad bro" this year or Crabtree verbal beatdowns (btw...not exactly targeting the elite WRs, but it's easier that way).

There's a big difference in acting stupid amidst success and doing so amidst failure. I guess maybe he deserves some credit for just being quiet.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So now being smart enough to know when not to talk is being a wuss?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They put a microphone in front of Sherman after every game. They did it this year, they did it last year, they did it before that. He started getting some of his commercials the spring after their SB win. He toned way down after that. It's not a coincidence.

You don't hear about him anymore because he doesn't say anything worth hearing. It's backwards of what you claim. He has the stage, but isn't using it. We hear his pressers week in and week out. They are boring now. Bennett is the only one speaking out and saying stupid shit. And his isn't an act. And no, I don't always care for things he says either.
Let's also be clear on what I responded to. This statement below doesn't relegate itself to just words stated with a microphone in his face. The Revis thing WAS since the SB run of '13 and he DID make a public spectacle of himself. I never stated he was still as bad as he was years back. I guess I just don't understand how you can even disagree with what I posted.

"Sherman hasn't been a public spectacle since that SB run in '13. "

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm honored that you'd think I could pull that off with MA.

Sadly I left my keys to time and space in my other pants.

Cheers.

Right over your head. I accept your opinion even though you couldn't do the same of mine.

Sheesh, and I'm the aggie! Why am I the one explaining the jokes?