• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cam Newton pissed off another opposing teams fan by taking something from them

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears Cam Newton is Classless!

Seahawks Fan's Lame Letter Calling Cam Newton 'Classless' Goes Viral

Seahawks Fan's Lame Letter Calling Cam Newton 'Classless' Goes Viral

Another Cam Newton win, another letter from a salty individual.
After the Carolina Panthers defeated the Seattle Seahawks 31-24 on Sunday to advance to the NFC Championship, Cam Newton decided to make the rounds and greet the fans. That was when a Seahawks fan essentially handed him a "12th man" flag (Seattle fans refer to themselves as the "12th man" or the "12s" and carry that banner during home games).

Well, since the Panthers were playing at home, Newton decided to get the flag and toss it toward the field.

No big deal, right? Well, one overly sensitive, overly invested soul named Sarah was so outraged by Newton's actions that she decided to take the time to write a long message on the Facebook page of CBS Seattle affiliate KIRO. And this isn't just one person's opinion, either: The post has since garnered more than 23,000 likes and 15,000 shares.

In the letter, Sarah called the Panthers quarterback "Mr. Classless Cam Newton," explaining that the gesture not only disrespected the team but the fans, as well. She talked about how the Seattle's "12th man" is a community and a family, instead of what it really is, which is a very strong and successful marketing campaign by the Seahawks.

12509829_1138749529478132_1155913398395463704_n.jpg

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh fuck that crying bitch.

I'm by no means a Cam Newton fan, but when she starts trying this "Community that does this and that" which is nothing more than trying to gain sympathy beyond what actually happened - fuck you.

I'm glad people do things like that for their community, but when you start to expect treatment for doing so - good bye.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh fuck that crying bitch.

I'm by no means a Cam Newton fan, but when she starts trying this "Community that does this and that" which is nothing more than trying to gain sympathy beyond what actually happened - fuck you.

I'm glad people do things like that for their community, but when you start to expect treatment for doing so - good bye.

Exactly and the quote about how Wilson will be helping all the LITTLE 12's

You would think that they would beware of this tactic based on what happened back in the regular season when the Packers visited Charlotte

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at what has been done to the Terrible Towel through the years with proceeds for the sales go towards care/education for mentally and physically handicapped kids. I highly doubt players trash a Terrible Towel to symbolically tell retarded people to go fuck themselves. Players who use opposing teams shit as props like that is harmless. I don't take it personal. Why should anyone? People just love to find a reason to bitch and in this case with Cam, get the fuck over it!

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not writing a letter or anything, but my problem, as it would be with the Terrible Towel (emphasis on the former) or any other possession a fan brings to a game, is that these athletes should have a little more respect for the belongings of the people paying to go to games than that.

Cam wants to be some role model. Giving out balls to kids and everything yet at the same time he's ripping signs, banners, and flags out of the hands of fans and trashing them. Those things aren't free. We didn't all sign multi-million dollar contracts. Some people have respect for the belongings of other people.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not writing a letter or anything, but my problem, as it would be with the Terrible Towel (emphasis on the former) or any other possession a fan brings to a game, is that these athletes should have a little more respect for the belongings of the people paying to go to games than that.

Cam wants to be some role model. Giving out balls to kids and everything yet at the same time he's ripping signs, banners, and flags out of the hands of fans and trashing them. Those things aren't free. We didn't all sign multi-million dollar contracts. Some people have respect for the belongings of other people.

Or just hold on to your own shit.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that's a fair point but its kind of disrespectful to wave that flag in his face while he is celebrating a playoff win. It doesn't make it ok to take someones stuff and destroy it but I wouldn't want that flag in my face either after I just won.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or just hold on to your own shit.

Congratulations, you've missed the point completely.

Holding a sign/flag/towel and getting it taken from you and trashed by a guy who wants to pretend he's some big role model says a lot about that guy and his respect for other people and their property.

I go to every Seattle home game and tailgate every week. I see plenty of opposing fans with flags, hats, signs, etc. I don't go up to them and take their shit and throw it away because I'm not an asshole. How does that concept change when the fan goes into the stadium and the asshole becomes the QB of the home team?

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations, you've missed the point completely.

Holding a sign/flag/towel and getting it taken from you and trashed by a guy who wants to pretend he's some big role model says a lot about that guy and his respect for other people and their property.

I go to every Seattle home game and tailgate every week. I see plenty of opposing fans with flags, hats, signs, etc. I don't go up to them and take their shit and throw it away because I'm not an asshole. How does that concept change when the fan goes into the stadium and the asshole becomes the QB of the home team?

"That was when a Seahawks fan essentially handed him a "12th man" flag"

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's a fair point but its kind of disrespectful to wave that flag in his face while he is celebrating a playoff win. It doesn't make it ok to take someones stuff and destroy it but I wouldn't want that flag in my face either after I just won.

"Winning with class" is the idea, I believe. He is going to where the fans are and he doesn't expect fans to have their things there?

Again, I have this opinion for every team. Respect the property of other people.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, don't wave your flag in his face then? Pretty simple.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"That was when a Seahawks fan essentially handed him a "12th man" flag"

In that clip, yes, someone handed him the flag. Whether that was a Hawks fan or not, we don't know.

When he ripped down the Packers sign that family brought to the game, did they hand it to him or did Cam just decide to be a dick and rip it down. Before you use this rebuttal, no, I guarantee Cam does not know the obscure rules about hanging/attaching signs in Carolina. It's not like he was just enforcing some janitorial rule.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was just a sign, who cares. If it was something of value, I would agree with you on the whole property thing.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Winning with class" is the idea, I believe. He is going to where the fans are and he doesn't expect fans to have their things there?

Again, I have this opinion for every team. Respect the property of other people.
Winning with class certainly isn't important to a lot of NFL players. BTW I am not disagreeing with you. I guess I just don't think its a big deal.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In that clip, yes, someone handed him the flag. Whether that was a Hawks fan or not, we don't know.

When he ripped down the Packers sign that family brought to the game, did they hand it to him or did Cam just decide to be a dick and rip it down. Before you use this rebuttal, no, I guarantee Cam does not know the obscure rules about hanging/attaching signs in Carolina. It's not like he was just enforcing some janitorial rule.

So...if you don't want you shit taken, then don't hand it to the player of an opposing team.

It's not like he walked up there, punched someone in the face, and took the flag. They waved it in his face, and he tossed it on the ground.