• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Cal @ UW

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure after last weeks buzz kill how in depth anyone wants to get with the next two crappy games.

UW shit the bed hard at ASU and Keith Price is banged up. Is there any real chance they lose this game? Um, no. Cal is dead last in the FBS in defense and they have real problems all over their offense. This is a late night game and outside of the tribute to Don James there wouldn't be enough incentive for more than 50k to actually show up. I wasn't going to go to this game, but now I am. Not sure, but I might also be going to the memorial service on Sunday.

My take on this game? Who the hell cares if they aren't going to play Miles? UW 52 Cal 17

On to the bye week after it and then another snoozer of a home game vs Colorado before the team gets another crack at real competition. Time to lick their wounds, heal up, get back into better conditioning and find their mental edge to finish out the year.

If you are going to the game get in your seats early and don't you dare leave at half time. They are doing a tribute to James at the half.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are going to the game get in your seats early and don't you dare leave at half time. They are doing a tribute to James at the half.

I think this is the only reason I'm going. I've been fighting off a cold and have so little enthusiasm after last week...

I hope the Dawgs come out and throttle Cal early. A slow uninspired performance would add to the frustration...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last week really was a giant buzz kill, trying to bring up some enthusiasm for the next game, but it's hard. Hopefully the Huskies kick ass the next two games and help us fans get back into it.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure they are going to play mad and should end up going off on them. We have seen it many times in the past. I just kind of hope Keith can't play well and Miles comes in so he gets some much needed experience.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sark confirmed this afternoon that Keith Price will be the starter tomorrow.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, but he also said Miles was ready to go if Keith had issues and I'm personally hoping that happens. This is the prime time to see what the kid has.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, but he also said Miles was ready to go if Keith had issues and I'm personally hoping that happens. This is the prime time to see what the kid has.

I don't want to be the negative guy here, but if history has taught us anything, Price WILL have issues, and Sark will keep him in to smile and laugh his way through some mediocre games.

I've had enough of Price, I was part of the faction that thought Sark should open the QB spot up for competition after last year. And then I was all ready to jump back on the Price bandwagon and now here we are again. He's a quarterback who has put up some good numbers over three years and has absolutely nothing to show for it, and by nothing, I mean not even a Las Vegas Bowl win. Because he can't find a way to do anything against teams that don't suck.

I'm not usually the type to be to vocal about what I think coaches should do, I also try not to be the obnoxious fan that complains all the time. And I realize there have been/are some O-line problems. But I swear to christ, if I have to watch Price laugh his way off the field again after making a terrible throw or fumbling or throwing an interception, I will lose my shit.

Maybe it's just that this has been a depressing week for husky football, but I haven't been this frustrated with this program since we all had to watch them go winless.

Fuck...

My rant is over.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are all on that bus with you my friend. I'm not worried about Price tomorrow as he is a different critter at home, but I have zero faith in his ability to perform even at an average rate @UCLA and @OSU later this year. NONE.

#timeforachange

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have fun at the game Wiz and others.

I think UW will win but I have no confidence in a big time blowout where we score 50+.

Cal 17
UW 34

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't give a shit if Price comes out and is unstoppable, Sark needs, (must) get Miles reps. Its time to work towards the future, and instead of waiting until next year to get his feet wet now....

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well of course they didn't get Miles anything but garbage time again. :L By the time they put him in they also put in the scrubs around him so he didn't get anything that looked like quality reps. Miles should have at the very least started the 4th quarter. I really don't get Sark sometimes.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can get quality reps in practice. This was a good game for the 2013 #1s to get their confidence back after the meat grinder we just went through. We still have 3 more very critical games to deal with.

Nice timing we got a bye this week and Col next. Then time to finish strong and get a solid bowl.

Did you see that UCLA LB crew today? We're going to need the 2013 #1s primed to go at that.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And didn't KW ending his season also show that having the 2's get some much needed quality game time is also important for that final run? KP has pretty much spent his entire career injured or banged up. One wrong move early against UCLA and Miles is in the rest of the year. The true sign you have recovered and are rolling is the ability to rest your starters early in a game and give that very very much needed real game experience to the guys backing them up. Every quality team does it. This is how you get depth. Reps in practice mean nothing.

Look, maybe Miles isn't ready for prime time. So give him a quarter and let him make his mistakes and the noise over KP quiets back down again doesn't it? If Miles does well you end up with some confidence that if KP goes down you have something viable behind him. You just can't lose giving him that chance.