• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cal fires Sonny Dykes

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sumlin heres your chance to reunite with Spavital again.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you even read the NCAA infractions report when Chip got banned from NCAA coaching for two seasons. You obviously didn't as 99% of the rest of Ducks didn't as well. Nope. It was simply easier to ignore it all and claim it was a witch hunt because the NCAA and sports media was jealous of Nike U.'s greatness. :lalala:

What? Nike U was great? How did I miss that?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dykes will just go and replace Kingsbury at Texas Tech in a year.

I don't know if A&M would hire him....but Tech seems like it would work for him.

Coach Bro is there to stay. I don't think TTECH will ever fire Kingsbury. Iowa State dropped 66 pts on the Sand Aggies this year and not one bad word was said about it in Lubbock. He will be the next Ferentz receiving raise after raise for doing absolutely nothing, although Ferentz has had Iowa go to some good bowl games over the years and finished in the top 10 once or twice. Coach bro will never do that at TTECH.....

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip Kelly wouldn't be able to handle the academic and SA off-field behavior requirements of Cal. Oregon had no issues with the longest yard rosters he brought in, but liberal moonbat utopia Cal would. Nor would they allow him to buy players using school slush funds as Nike U. was ok with.

Chip can only succeed when he's got a AD dept that turns a blind eye to the thug U. stuff and wiping his butt with the NCAA rule book.

Justin Wilcox wouldn't be a terrible choice, but it would be incredibley challenging putting together a coaching crew given the timing for whoever they go with. It's not going to be an easy sale.

I think Wilcox would be an awful choice. At Wisconsin, his defenses face some of the most inept offenses ever in the B1G, so Wiscy's stats are somewhat inflated. His defensive philosophy would get shit on in the PAC. Gary Andersen is getting pissed all over at Oregon State. I still can't figure that one out. How do you leave Wiscy for Oregon freakin' State?

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I hear 'ol Sonny stopped by the AD's office to discuss the DC hire. And got fired.

Wondering who 'ol Sonny wanted to hire?