• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cabrera Signs with White Sox..And now how do you like Jack?

ehwq

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With how other signings are going 3/45 sounds fair to me. M's missed out.

Bring me Rios+Aoki+Morneau and that would make up for it

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jack will have to do something pretty amazing now to prove that my optimism wasn't misplaced.

it would be criminal to throw another turd into the outfield and see how it goes.

FIELD A COMPLETE TEAM YOU FUCK

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melky just fugged us! He's on my shit list.

he's a free agent. they get to, you know, choose freely, and shop around for the best deal for him personally.

m's probably offered him a few million more for 3 years or something instead of just giving him an extra full year. cheap bastards.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprised, this is what Jack Z does over and over again like a broken record. This is Jack Z shitting the bed again, he will just sign a guy for one year, whom will inevitably suck big dong.

Watch we are going to see Ichiro in RF again... LOL

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's a free agent. they get to, you know, choose freely, and shop around for the best deal for him personally.

m's probably offered him a few million more for 3 years or something instead of just giving him an extra full year. cheap bastards.

Sox gave him a three-year, $42 to $45 million range. Weren't the M's offering similar, 3 year in the 42 million range?

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sox gave him a three-year, $42 to $45 million range. Weren't the M's offering similar, 3 year in the 42 million range?

Not sure, and everything I said was pure speculation.

If offers are equal between the M's and just about any other team, the M's lose. It's the Safeco factor.

The M's have to overpay to overcome that. Z knows that better than anybody, so if he only offered the same as everybody else, it was a calculated way of showing "see I tried" for the umpteenth time.

Happy with Cruz. Not happy with the very real possibility of running another turd or two into the outfield yet again. Like I said, FIELD A COMPLETE TEAM.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We turned down Kemp for Walker & Miller. Would you have done that AZ?

No. I would have done 4 years/$55-57M for Melky. One, I am not as big a Kemp fan as many others. Best days are behind him and I just didn't see him being happy in NW. He is a true Hollywood guy. Second, why give up assets when same player is available for nothing?

I like Miller and think he will rebound. Yes his defense scares me at times, but if he hits again that will be less of an issue. Walker I would deal, but not give away. Then replace him with couple of options.

dumbrabbit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man this is why I hate this board.

Don't think Cabrera would like to play in a park like Safeco field. That said, the M's need a RF, and whoever the M's sign in FA this board will freak out and not wait to see him play.

There's just no way Ichiro will be a Mariner again. If he signs a contract with the M's, it's gonna be a 1-day contract to retire as a Mariner.

Now, concering Happ, I suggest we should wait to judge him until he posts statistics.

I want to see how Lloyd McClendon manages a season of expecations. Of course he has said he wants his players "caught up in preparation, not expecations", so this coming year will be interesting.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man this is why I hate this board.

Don't think Cabrera would like to play in a park like Safeco field....

wow that's so insightful oh wise one.

real baseball fans are fully aware no top-tier position players want to come here if they have the same offer just about anywhere else. in short, you're not saying anything anybody on here doesn't already know.

the point that baseball fans on here are making is that cabrera probably would have come if nintendo with its new multi-billion dollar TV deal would have forked out another $12-15 million for an additional year.

you're an idiot if you think cano would've come here if we hadn't spectacularly overpaid. you're also an idiot if you think cruz came here because he wanted to be with his buddy cano. he came because the m's offered him more than anybody else would by a lot.

and whoever brought up ichiro was making a joke that z is the kind of moron that just might do something like that. signing dogshit for 1 year and then throwing it in the outfield and seeing what happens is his thing, and has been for half a decade. you'd know if you understood anything about the m's.

if you hate this m's board, take your ignorant ass somewhere else.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:clap:

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyhoo, i'll watch what z does here. odds are he'll get raped in any trade for a decent outfielder, but that's the only option that's left...just echoing nw and seattlecoug with this.

our outfield has been so bad for so long. RF is just the beginning if we want to craft a complete team that can contend for a few years. plenty of offseason to go, but if RF only gets addressed with some "hey let's give this guy a chance" type thing, then i'll be really disappointed.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Didn't think our f could get any worse yet we are o the verge of it or like you said get raped trying to fix it.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
36s37 seconds ago melky is said to have had a 4-year offer. but he decided he preferred #chisox. 4-yr team is unknown.

okay, so if it's the m's (odds are good), then z did try and it really wasn't enough.

i will actually be happy if that's the case because it means there was a plan with leaving a gaping hole in the outfield with the saunders move, but melky made a pretty unexpected choice.

i'll wait to find out what the 4-year deal was and if i was in fact the m's.

Last edited by a moderator:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to say I'm a little surprised by this.. all the news has been how
Cabrera is the M's favorite and he also said that he wouldn't mind going back to the West Coast. Apparently not though because it seems like the M's offered to him is not much further than what the Sox gave him. I think geography played a huge factor him.:L

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to say I'm a little surprised by this.. all the news has been how
Cabrera is the M's favorite and he also said that he wouldn't mind going back to the West Coast. Apparently not though because it seems like the M's offered to him is not much further than what the Sox gave him. I think geography played a huge factor him.:L

do you have a link to any info on what the m's offered?

as i said below, if they offered him a full extra year for $10mill+, and he rejected it, then that's just bad luck for Z.

if z tried to do 4 years for like $3-$4 million more total, then i'm going to be very disappointed.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would just like to be in the meetings of figuring out the budget with the new television money. 2 years ago I truly wouldn't have blamed Jack for low balling Cabrera because that is a ton of money on a few guys but if the Mariners are going to take the new money and invest it in the team then I don't see a single reason why the Mariners wouldn't have offered a better monetary deal per year.