• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cabela's coming to SC

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greenville? Damn! I guess I can visit during football season. I love Cabela's

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too; just got some brand new waders and fly fishing boots for Christmas. Their brand is good stuff and usually a lot cheaper than some other name brands. So I heard through the grape vine that you spend some time over at SPS? :dhd:

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too; just got some brand new waders and fly fishing boots for Christmas. Their brand is good stuff and usually a lot cheaper than some other name brands. So I heard through the grape vine that you spend some time over at SPS? :dhd:

what is SPS? oh Southern Pigskin? I haven't been over there in a while. I think I visited over there at the beginning of football season and that's the last time. Too many kids and trolls and dumbass's in general over there.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bboy - you been out to Palmetto State Armory on Fernandina yet?

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats.... We have one opening near Columbus in March.

:suds:

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cabela's rocks.

Have fun

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, we finally got our Cabelas here in C-bus.

I have to be honest, I'm a little disappointed at size (sounds like my wife talking) and location. It also seems as if they tried to change there concept a bit with this smaller store. Just walking around the place you get a feeling like it has a much more outdoorsy (sp) outer ware feel (LL Bean type shit) and less hunting/fishing culture.

The customer service seemed to have a lot to be desired, as no one thought it was important to wait on me at the gun counter. This was after I took a number and stood around for 15 minutes. Was not busy at 10:30am.

I'm mean don't get me wrong its nice to have, but I just think Cabelas missed the mark on this one. Instead of building a Cabelas store, they build a mirror image of Gander Mountain and filled it with less knowledgeable staff.

I'm sure they are working out the bugs and I know I will be back later this summer to buy some duck hunting gear. That is if they carry it.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, we finally got our Cabelas here in C-bus.

I have to be honest, I'm a little disappointed at size (sounds like my wife talking) and location. It also seems as if they tried to change there concept a bit with this smaller store. Just walking around the place you get a feeling like it has a much more outdoorsy (sp) outer ware feel (LL Bean type shit) and less hunting/fishing culture.

The customer service seemed to have a lot to be desired, as no one thought it was important to wait on me at the gun counter. This was after I took a number and stood around for 15 minutes. Was not busy at 10:30am.

I'm mean don't get me wrong its nice to have, but I just think Cabelas missed the mark on this one. Instead of building a Cabelas store, they build a mirror image of Gander Mountain and filled it with less knowledgeable staff.

I'm sure they are working out the bugs and I know I will be back later this summer to buy some duck hunting gear. That is if they carry it.

sounds like you were shortchanged brother

the store in the land of cheese is their entire catalog, and then some, under one roof

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love Cabelas. Unfortunately the one that is closest to me now will be unable to sell ammo to out of state people.