• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BYE REES

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to say thank god. We will never see him play again after the bowl game. He is the worst 4th Q clutch QB ever. Tommy "I throw Ints in the 4th" Rees.

I will not miss him and hope to never here his name again when it comes to College football.

He lost 2 games by himself this year and helped with another loss. The guy is just bad. The sad thing is he was all we had.

Cant wait for next year

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to say thank god. We will never see him play again after the bowl game. He is the worst 4th Q clutch QB ever. Tommy "I throw Ints in the 4th" Rees.

I will not miss him and hope to never here his name again when it comes to College football.

He lost 2 games by himself this year and helped with another loss. The guy is just bad. The sad thing is he was all we had.

Cant wait for next year

One way to help ensure you never hear or see his name again would be to not start threads with his name in the title.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah that wouldn't do anything. Also the year isn't over so Im ok with a Thread that says bye to him.

matthstl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I really do not understand who Tommy was I do know the bad things and we all do. There has been some good and at times you kind of look back and say hey what a throw. The way he manages a game you have to give him credit but than on the other hand how many times have the wasted a time out or had penality.

I think even Brian has to admit that he was not the player to win games and we needed him at time to win games like Stanford he was just not going to do it. I am not a total Tommy hater like so many people but I have cursed at the TV and scratch my head said what the heck was that or what was he thinking.

I think with Golson this year we would be easy 9-2. I do not think we could have over come the loss to UM or OU. Pitt win and Stanford/UM win (You play emotional UM team in Ann Arbor its different team).

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I really do not understand who Tommy was I do know the bad things and we all do. There has been some good and at times you kind of look back and say hey what a throw. The way he manages a game you have to give him credit but than on the other hand how many times have the wasted a time out or had penality.

I think even Brian has to admit that he was not the player to win games and we needed him at time to win games like Stanford he was just not going to do it. I am not a total Tommy hater like so many people but I have cursed at the TV and scratch my head said what the heck was that or what was he thinking.

I think with Golson this year we would be easy 9-2. I do not think we could have over come the loss to UM or OU. Pitt win and Stanford/UM win (You play emotional UM team in Ann Arbor its different team).

I disagree I don't think he manages a game well. I think Tommy was a good back up QB for us. He is a guy you can put in when a starter goes down and still win the game. As a full time starter he didn't know how to manage a game for 4Q's. Too many bone head throws and Ints that just made your Jaw drop. Im happy he is gone and I wish him luck in life.

matthstl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at said at times look like he manage the game and the other hand penalties and waste time outs. Let me ask this question lets just say you took away all the mistakes would he be next level QB?

I still say no based on size and agility. Maybe Canadian league?

Watch my words if you do not see him coaching some where.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaching is his only chance of staying in football.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rees will be a coach somewhere. I think he has a high football IQ just a low skill set and doesn't know his limitations.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rees will be a coach somewhere. I think he has a high football IQ just a low skill set and doesn't know his limitations.

He thinks he's Peyton Manning, but he's not he's Tommy Turnover.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at said at times look like he manage the game and the other hand penalties and waste time outs. Let me ask this question lets just say you took away all the mistakes would he be next level QB?

:wtf2:

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rees does have more career TD's than INT's but it's more about the timing of his INT's. They almost always take points off the board for Notre Dame or put the other team in the red zone.

matthstl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wtf = fu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jooo83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What are you basing that on?

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a player Tommy Rees more than maxed out his potential. He played big time college football at a prestigious university. Trust me this is the end of his playing career. It's not the Peter Principle it's the Tommy principle. Over, finite, done, sayonara, auf wiedersehen, good bye.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm evidently the only person on this board who likes Tommy Rees. The bottom line is that he never got to decide who started in any of our games. The coaches made that decision. Had Kiel thought he had a chance to play, he'd probably still be here. Those that thought Hendrix was the answer (myself included) are pretty quiet now. All the bitching being thrown at Tommy should be directed at Kelly. Had he been able to recruit a better QB than Weis (or just one who could stay in school), no one would care about Tommy at all.

Blaming Tommy for not having enough talent is pretty silly. There is a long list of guys I wish had more talent. Blaming him for making bad decisions is fine, but at some point, play calling from the sidelines has to take some responsibility for those mistakes. Why not develop a better ground game if your QB tends to throw interceptions in the red zone. It just seems like Tommy has been the whipping boy to cover all the deficiencies of this team. The defense makes Devon Gardner look like a Heisman candidate and automatically it's Tommy's fault. He's the easiest target out there, but at some point someone has to say how did Kelly put us in a position where Tommy is our best option.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm evidently the only person on this board who likes Tommy Rees. The bottom line is that he never got to decide who started in any of our games. The coaches made that decision. Had Kiel thought he had a chance to play, he'd probably still be here. Those that thought Hendrix was the answer (myself included) are pretty quiet now. All the bitching being thrown at Tommy should be directed at Kelly. Had he been able to recruit a better QB than Weis (or just one who could stay in school), no one would care about Tommy at all.

Blaming Tommy for not having enough talent is pretty silly. There is a long list of guys I wish had more talent. Blaming him for making bad decisions is fine, but at some point, play calling from the sidelines has to take some responsibility for those mistakes. Why not develop a better ground game if your QB tends to throw interceptions in the red zone. It just seems like Tommy has been the whipping boy to cover all the deficiencies of this team. The defense makes Devon Gardner look like a Heisman candidate and automatically it's Tommy's fault. He's the easiest target out there, but at some point someone has to say how did Kelly put us in a position where Tommy is our best option.

I agree it falls on Kelly. Rees went out there and tried to play his best. His best wasn't great but again his talent wasn't at par as a ND QB. This blame falls on Kelly. I give Rees credit for being a great team mate. I disagree with you on the play calling. A lot of this Ints were on him making bad reads or trying to be something he isn't and that is a great passer. He forced too many throws at bad times in the game.

Overall I think Kelly did a great job this year. We can go 9-4 with a team that didn't have a QB and lost a lot of players to injuries. I give the coaching staff some credit here. If we had a better QB we would be looking at 10-2. Kelly main fault here is that he did have a QB ready to go. His only option was Rees. That's why I think we should try and land a 4-5 star QB every other year and the other year we should grab a 3 star guy that he can develop. He did this well at Cincy. Not dong a great job at ND with this situation.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm evidently the only person on this board who likes Tommy Rees.
Who says I don't like Tommy Rees. If you are saying that you're wrong. I have never said I don't like Tommy Rees, I have always said I have respected the kid's heart , his perserverence, and his loyalty. Just because I have always noticed he didn't have a lot of talent doesn't mean that I don't think he doesn't have good qualities. He made some big plays in the clutch, he was pretty much always there for the team, he stayed loyal and waited out his chances and he plain and simple overachieved for the gifts God granted him. He was a good team player that simply wasn't blessed with a lot of natural talent. Programs need kids like him. I am glad he played for Notre Dame. That being said I am suprised as all hell he worked his way into the starting lineup with said talent. I wish him well but know, for as much as anyone could know, his playing career is over. He is simply not NFL talent even as a backup. Nuff said.