• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Buy or stay away?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a guy wanting to sell B.J. Upton but is it worth giving up a guy like Nick Franklin who I am using over Rollins most of the time. He also seems to want Jacob Turner but both of these guys for Upton I dont like the idea of. What do you all think about B.J.? is he worth trading for? I am contending this year and I need a HR guy but he obviously isnt doin all too well this year.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a guy wanting to sell B.J. Upton but is it worth giving up a guy like Nick Franklin who I am using over Rollins most of the time. He also seems to want Jacob Turner but both of these guys for Upton I dont like the idea of. What do you all think about B.J.? is he worth trading for? I am contending this year and I need a HR guy but he obviously isnt doin all too well this year.

If you can get B.J. on the cheap, it's worth a shot. It would have to be pretty cheap at this point. Right now, I wouldn't trade Franklin for him. I might consider Turner one-on-one if my pitching staff was really deep, only because he's probably gonna have the innings limit thing. They say B.J. gets hot in August, so ya never know...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waivers would have to be extremely thin, but I would agree with Chef's very good advice.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I should have mentioned 12 Team H2H Dynasty league.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, Dempster for B.J. - that's a trade I like!

Oh wait...I just did that!

Heh...on occasion I can give good advice, but I rarely follow my own. :lol:

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NOOOO, stay away from BJ, well except in the bedroom.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can get Upton for Turner, you do it. Turner is a replacement level SP. You can find a comparable SP on the free agent list, but I guarantee you won't find a hitter with Upton's upside. BJ might continue to suck (pun intended), but you aren't giving up all that much if you deal Turner.