• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bunch'a Thoughts Before June 17th

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The shadows have been a great place to dwell as we likely see Kirk go unsigned. There have been some good threads, wanted to give my 2 cents on some things before I disappear until the 17th again.
--No deal on the 17th. At this point, Kirk WAS willing to play here, Robert would have BEEN signed and he can make MORE money somewhere else. He will probably walk or i guess there is a chance he could get tagged again somehow. I saw something about sudfield stepping in -- other than a strong arm he looks like he needs another year to sit to even thing about having the trust of the team to start. Then I saw Gabe Jackson being better than Long. Ok sure, but even if we did draft him -- does Jackson somehow make us 10-6 or 9-7 over the past two years? Long was a terrible pick due to his injury history but has panned out for now. Not sure if Gabe makes much more of an impact. IF he did -- obviously then getting a top notch C solidifies the line. On defense, it would be awesome to draft a gamechanging ILB & CB. I think we may actually have something at D-line this year. just my thoughts - no real homework done here.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The shadows have been a great place to dwell as we likely see Kirk go unsigned. There have been some good threads, wanted to give my 2 cents on some things before I disappear until the 17th again.
--No deal on the 17th. At this point, Kirk WAS willing to play here, Robert would have BEEN signed and he can make MORE money somewhere else. He will probably walk or i guess there is a chance he could get tagged again somehow. I saw something about sudfield stepping in -- other than a strong arm he looks like he needs another year to sit to even thing about having the trust of the team to start. Then I saw Gabe Jackson being better than Long. Ok sure, but even if we did draft him -- does Jackson somehow make us 10-6 or 9-7 over the past two years? Long was a terrible pick due to his injury history but has panned out for now. Not sure if Gabe makes much more of an impact. IF he did -- obviously then getting a top notch C solidifies the line. On defense, it would be awesome to draft a gamechanging ILB & CB. I think we may actually have something at D-line this year. just my thoughts - no real homework done here.

Spot on Skin'em. For months we have had the those who would like to see Cousins signed long term and others who think he is not worth that kind of money. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I think the D will better. I hope the running game will be improved and I hope the kicking game (Hopkins) will be better. We all know that only Cousins lost games and none of it was on the D or kicking game. :pound:

Reed, Davis and Crowder are known commodities as is much of the rest of the offense so here is to hoping Pryor and Doctson help us not miss Garcon and DJax.

On paper we have a tougher schedule because of who we play in the AFC. Who knows what that means when the season gets here.

Go Skins!

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot on Skin'em. For months we have had the those who would like to see Cousins signed long term and others who think he is not worth that kind of money. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I think the D will better. I hope the running game will be improved and I hope the kicking game (Hopkins) will be better. We all know that only Cousins lost games and none of it was on the D or kicking game. :pound:

Reed, Davis and Crowder are known commodities as is much of the rest of the offense so here is to hoping Pryor and Doctson help us not miss Garcon and DJax.

On paper we have a tougher schedule because of who we play in the AFC. Who knows what that means when the season gets here.

Go Skins!
I don't know how to respond.....this thread is not about the cousins delimma or about how smart Dean is. You mean there is more we can discuss?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait.. what?

I think what he was saying is, If Griffin had put together TWO back to back seasons like Kirk has, Dan would have made him the highest player in Sports (Not the NFL, but all of Sports) No questions asked. Fuck if Griffin had started and managed to stay healthy in 2015, Dan and Bruce would have likely extended him at the then going rate of $20M per year as long as he stayed healthy and wasnt the absolute worst QB in the league in 2015.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what he was saying is, If Griffin had put together TWO back to back seasons like Kirk has, Dan would have made him the highest player in Sports (Not the NFL, but all of Sports) No questions asked. Fuck if Griffin had started and managed to stay healthy in 2015, Dan and Bruce would have likely extended him at the then going rate of $20M per year as long as he stayed healthy and wasnt the absolute worst QB in the league in 2015.

This is actually one time where I see where a person isn't on the same page. My wording was confusing.
Thanks for making things clear Shark --- and yes, Griffin would be the highest paid player in sports if he hadn't got hurt. However I'm beginning to think Griffin got exactly what he deserved.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How tf would he have made him the highest paid player in sports?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How tf would he have made him the highest paid player in sports?

Come on man, you really think if Griffin was still here, Dan would not have made him the first $150M QB?? I admit, I was being a little over zealous with the highest paid player in sports bit, but we both know Dan would have set a new market on the QB position had the golden child even managed to be above average for more than a single season.

And actually after looking it up, I think Dan would have made him the highest paid athelete in the world based on the current list which does not include the Carr contract that I think he would have topped for griffin

World's Highest Paid Athletes 2017

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on man, you really think if Griffin was still here, Dan would not have made him the first $150M QB?? I admit, I was being a little over zealous with the highest paid player in sports bit, but we both know Dan would have set a new market on the QB position had the golden child even managed to be above average for more than a single season.

And actually after looking it up, I think Dan would have made him the highest paid athelete in the world based on the current list which does not include the Carr contract that I think he would have topped for griffin

Good grief. Can some of y'all just stop with the 'If this was Griffin instead of Kirk' ridiculousness. It's not Griffin, he's not here anymore and he's not coming back.

Griffin could've been named league MVP 4 times, won 3 Super Bowls and 3 SB MVPs since 2012 and he still wouldn't be seeing anything close to a top dollar MLB deal such as the ones below.

The Diamondbacks signed Zack Grienke to a 6 year 206 million dollar deal last winter. With 62.5 million being deferred and paid out between 2022 and 2026.

The Dodgers Clayton Kershaw will make 32+ million this year and he's in the 3rd year of a 215 million renegotiated contract he signed in 2014.

Boston gave David Price a 7 year/216 million dollar deal and paying him 30.5 mill this year.

Miguel Cabrera just inked a 8 year/248 million dollar deal this year.

Griffin, if his career up to this point had trekked in a positive manner. Could be America's top paid athlete, particularly had he won a ring by now. But it would be due to endorsements not his football salary that would've put him over the top.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would have signed Griffin no problem had the same numbers been put up. Golly, I just figured it out. This is a classic case of reverse racism. That's right, I'm throwing out there the R word. I always suspected Dan hating on the white man. It reared its ugly head just in this last draft selecting only one white dude out of nine picks he had. I could even go back thru each draft since he bought the damn team,, even FA's... majority have been black. I never would have suspected Dan being racist but the proof is right there in the chocolate pudding.

Being the 2nd overall pick and giving up the farm to get him Dan would have given him the farm,,, plus the OK to bang his wife. No brainer.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yea go check out those baseball contracts breed is talking about and some of those BBall deals getting signed and get back to me.

Griffin getting the highest paid deal is complete bs.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea go check out those baseball contracts breed is talking about and some of those BBall deals getting signed and get back to me.

Griffin getting the highest paid deal is complete bs.
didnt he admit he was being overzealous by the largest contract in sports thing ? its like in the third sentence

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didnt he admit he was being overzealous by the largest contract in sports thing ? its like in the third sentence

What 3rd sentence? I'm not seeing anything about overzealous contracts. Oh wait, I found it. Post 9. That's only after Skin' Em All made 2 posts and Shark 1 post agreeing with each other that Griff would be the highest paid contractual athlete in ALL of sports in both the known and unknown universe.

Shark did pull it back though in Post #9. Not far enough imo as Griff wouldn't be on any 150 mill dollar contract at this time. It is possible though that had Griff positively built upon his rookie year. He might've ended up as the first QB to sign a 150 mil dollar contract................in a few years.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What 3rd sentence? I'm not seeing anything about overzealous contracts. Oh wait, I found it. Post 9. That's only after Skin' Em All made 2 posts and Shark 1 post agreeing with each other that Griff would be the highest paid contractual athlete in ALL of sports in both the known and unknown universe.

Shark did pull it back though in Post #9. Not far enough imo as Griff wouldn't be on any 150 mill dollar contract at this time. It is possible though that had Griff positively built upon his rookie year. He might've ended up as the first QB to sign a 150 mil dollar contract................in a few years.

You are right Breed, I did back off the highest paid Athlete thing, Because Baseball is Nuts.

But I firmly believe had Griffin regressed, from an athletic standpoint, but broken back to back team passing records, the team could have finished 7-9 each year and Dan would have made him the highest paid player in the NFL even if only for a brief moment.

I stand by my assertion, if this were Griffin right now instead of Cousins, this deal would have been done 4 months ago if not last year. I dont think he would have blinked at $150M total value with $80M guaranteed if Griffin had done what Kirk has since he became the starter.

Now to be fair, I dont think Kirk should get that either. But Im simply pointing out that if this were the QB Dan hand picked, this contract Drama would have ended last year, OR he would have made him the highest paid QB in the league shortly after the Giants game even if the game ended the exact same way.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right Breed, I did back off the highest paid Athlete thing, Because Baseball is Nuts.

But I firmly believe had Griffin regressed, from an athletic standpoint, but broken back to back team passing records, the team could have finished 7-9 each year and Dan would have made him the highest paid player in the NFL even if only for a brief moment.

I stand by my assertion, if this were Griffin right now instead of Cousins, this deal would have been done 4 months ago if not last year. I dont think he would have blinked at $150M total value with $80M guaranteed if Griffin had done what Kirk has since he became the starter.

Now to be fair, I dont think Kirk should get that either. But Im simply pointing out that if this were the QB Dan hand picked, this contract Drama would have ended last year, OR he would have made him the highest paid QB in the league shortly after the Giants game even if the game ended the exact same way.

Wow Shark, you took the high road.
Ehb5 and Breed love RG3 so much it affects their ability to read simple statements. And also get bent out of shape over hyperbole and sarcasm.
And then google baseball contracts that prove a point no one cares about because the focus was on the mistreatment of Cousins.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the ucla cb fabian marion or whatever his name is will be a great cb that we drafted