• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BUGGATE

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boomer Esiason reported today that he was told that the New York Jets were so paranoid about playing at Foxboro, that they requested that the NFL sweep the Visitors Locker room for electronic bugs. Of course the NFL had to check it out

All season long stories popped up about concerns with the Patriots and the various ways they seek to gain an edge in competition. Or at least the various ways they allegedly seek to gain an edge -- many teams are so paranoid they reportedly sweep their hotel rooms and are concerned about the visitors' locker rooms.

The Jets are so worried, according to CBS Sports' Boomer Esiason on WFAN on Friday, they asked the NFL to sweep the locker room for bugs prior to Week 7's game at Gillette Stadium.

"The Jets asked the NFL to come in and sweep the [New England] locker room," Esiason said. "That's the paranoia about going up to [New England]."

Pressed on the issue by co-host Craig Carton, Esiason says he was "told last night" about the sweep.

"You're telling me that the New York Jets, prior to going up to New England for the game they lost last week, asked the NFL, prior to their arrival, to sweep the locker room for hidden listening devices?" Carton asked.

"That's what I was told last night," Boomer said.

Boomer acknowledged he didn't confirm with the Jets or ask the NFL.

"I didn't ask anyone over [in New York]," Boomer said. "I don't think anyone's acknowledged it."

But the NFL has commented on it.

"We have for years conducted regular and random checks," NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy tweeted Friday. "We do not get into details of specific games."

What a delightful yes/no answer! McCarthy doesn't say the Jets didn't ask while pointing out the league does do "regular and random checks." So it's totally possible the Jets requested a sweep.

They wouldn't be unique in their paranoia.

Peyton Manning has always thought that there were listening devices in there,” Esiason said. “And then when he would go in there and he would talk to his teammates, he'd put his hand over this mouth and he'd whisper into the ear of his teammates because he was afraid that there could actually be a camera in there to read his lips.”

Manning, now with the Broncos, played the Pats many times with the Colts. Again, he wouldn't be the only paranoid person. As Boomer notes, "this league is filled with a bunch of lunatics."

"You have to understand something. Football teams are paranoid. They are paranoid -- every team is. Even the Patriots are paranoid. This league is filled with a bunch of lunatics."

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's funny that when teams are unprepared and they lose in Foxboro, the locker room must be bugged. Peyton is a dumb ass. He leads the dumb ass club.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boomer said it best "The league is full of lunatics" Starting with the commish and his front office of Jets fans. This is down right embarrassing for the NFL. They need to stop, or someone needs to make them stop.

I also read that Kraft had asked the NFL to so a sweep of both locker rooms before the teams arrive to rule out any devices, and he feared the other teams were going to plant something. Of course the NFL said NO.

Now a report that the NFL questioned 3 Pats employees and tested their radios and questioned them about jamming signals...for 15 min during the 3rd Q???? Way to NFL....

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking Goofdell is so desperate to find something to hang the Pats on. I don't blame Kraft for worrying that a team or the league will plant a bug in the locker room. I think Kraft needs to hire a truly independent company to make sure just before the opposing team arrives to sweep the room, otherwise this bull shit will blow up in the team's face.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No,don't do anything like that. Kraft should have professional signs made and place them on the Visitors Door, on the Locker walls and in the showers and training room.

WARNING
Conversations and activities are always being recorded.
Talk and behave at your own risk

Have fake cameras installed with little red lights and have little microphones sticking out of every ceiling corner.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No,don't do anything like that. Kraft should have professional signs made and place them on the Visitors Door, on the Locker walls and in the showers and training room.

WARNING
Conversations and activities are always being recorded.
Talk and behave at your own risk

Have fake cameras installed with little red lights and have little microphones sticking out of every ceiling corner.
I like it. I'm sure they coukd get the Massachusetts National Guard to supply them with some of their old Operation Security (OPSEC) posters. The old loose lips sink ships... hang these up everywhere.

But I'm more in line with TxHeat. I think something gets fabricated against the Pats before all is said and done. I'm still skeptical about this selective ball testing and not making the results known. Just like how the hell did they only test 4 Colts balls is still mind boggling. Ok time for me to stop obsessing over that one.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it. I'm sure they coukd get the Massachusetts National Guard to supply them with some of their old Operation Security (OPSEC) posters. The old loose lips sink ships... hang these up everywhere.

But I'm more in line with TxHeat. I think something gets fabricated against the Pats before all is said and done. I'm still skeptical about this selective ball testing and not making the results known. Just like how the hell did they only test 4 Colts balls is still mind boggling. Ok time for me to stop obsessing over that one.

I think the pattern has been set from the first game of the season when the Pats were accused of 'headset-gate'. Now this bugging nonsense with the Jests. We can look forward to all kinds of accusations going forward. Since I have no faith in the commissioner's office these stories will continue to have legs and all will be a big pile of shit. This will just continue to drive the Pats through the post season. 7 down 12 to go baby!!!

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, the Colts have a serious history of cheating. First, it was piping in noise. Then it was the suck for Luck campaign. And now they are fusing their injury reports. LMAO! They cheat and they still suck!

Report: Colts' Andrew Luck playing with multiple fractured ribs

This is what irritates me about the NFL. It seems like everyone is doing it now. Somehow this does not bring into question the integrity of the game but yet a few ounces of air does.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what irritates me about the NFL. It seems like everyone is doing it now. Somehow this does not bring into question the integrity of the game but yet a few ounces of air does.

everyone should realize at this point that it's not WHAT is being done but WHO is doing it that matters to the league.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

as long as Goodell is the Commissioner there is NO integrity in the league