• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bud Dupree

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s another video out there before this one on TMZ….he bear hugs an employee before a melee starts…..not sure if he gets credit for a sack though…..
ahhh didnt see that one. well yeah u cant do that. may as well give it to him, hes got what? 3? lol

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naturally... Steeler Nation is swooning over a reunion.

I wouldn't mind if it was for a backup salary. They are negotiating Highsmith's extension as we speak and they already have the most expensive edge guy in the league, so Dupree would have to be cheap. I'm talking Melvin Ingram at $4m per year type of contract & not a penny more.

Dupree would be serviceable in a rotation. Scheme-wise he is a good fit. He's not the pass-rusher that Highsmith is, but he would provide decent relief to both sides. Lord knows we need those guys to stay healthy for this defense to be effective. But that does add a red flag to Dupree, who has struggled to stay healthy in recent years.

Wouldn't mind just going younger & cheaper for depth either. I don't think Malik Reed is going to stick around since they got very little production from him. Jamir Jones is still an athletic freak but needs refinement, and they will need veteran depth here.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naturally... Steeler Nation is swooning over a reunion.

I wouldn't mind if it was for a backup salary. They are negotiating Highsmith's extension as we speak and they already have the most expensive edge guy in the league, so Dupree would have to be cheap. I'm talking Melvin Ingram at $4m per year type of contract & not a penny more.

Dupree would be serviceable in a rotation. Scheme-wise he is a good fit. He's not the pass-rusher that Highsmith is, but he would provide decent relief to both sides. Lord knows we need those guys to stay healthy for this defense to be effective. But that does add a red flag to Dupree, who has struggled to stay healthy in recent years.

Wouldn't mind just going younger & cheaper for depth. I don't think Malik Reed is going to stick around since they got very little production from him. Jamir Jones is still an athletic freak but needs refinement, and they will need veteran depth here.
Bud had a great year. Otherwise he was a guy, and not a good one, an ok one.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bud had a great year. Otherwise he was a guy, and not a good one, an ok one.
Definitely not the $20m per year type of guy that the Titans thought he was. I'm thankful that the Steelers didn't overpay to keep him around.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely not the $20m per year type of guy that the Titans thought he was. I'm thankful that the Steelers didn't overpay to keep him around.
Oh we all were thankful. We were happy he got signed.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His production has fallen off a cliff.....I say no to a reunion.......

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His production has fallen off a cliff.....I say no to a reunion.......
Injuries, scheme & personnel. They signed him to $20m per year coming off a torn ACL. Titans took on a shit ton of risk, without even knowing they could use him the same way the Steelers did. Not to mention the Titans just didn't have the same front 7 that the Steelers did that Dupree benefited from. It was easy to see after Dupree struggled to be relevant for 3-4 years, and then the Steelers had Watt, Heyward, Tuitt & Hargrave all operating at pro-bowl level and suddenly Dupree is relevant.

Titans FO/GM were either desperate or simply didn't do their homework there.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries, scheme & personnel. They signed him to $20m per year coming off a torn ACL. Titans took on a shit ton of risk, without even knowing they could use him the same way the Steelers did. Not to mention the Titans just didn't have the same front 7 that the Steelers did that Dupree benefited from. It was easy to see after Dupree struggled to be relevant for 3-4 years, and then the Steelers had Watt, Heyward, Tuitt & Hargrave all operating at pro-bowl level and suddenly Dupree is relevant.

Titans FO/GM were either desperate or simply didn't do their homework there.
That's how important a stout DL is.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's how important a stout DL is.
The Tuitt hangover should be over by now... Losing Worm & Alualu should push them to invest into the DL. Re-signing Ogunjobi was a necessity IMO. Now they can build around Heyward, Ogunjobi & Leal. Loudermilk might still produce some dividends, but they still need more talent here. Montravius Adams is under contract for 1 more year.

Surprises me that Alualu hasn't retired TBH.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tuitt hangover should be over by now... Losing Worm & Alualu should push them to invest into the DL. Re-signing Ogunjobi was a necessity IMO. Now they can build around Heyward, Ogunjobi & Leal. Loudermilk might still produce some dividends, but they still need more talent here. Montravius Adams is under contract for 1 more year.

Surprises me that Alualu hasn't retired TBH.
Not much to build around if you are depending on Heyward as a lynchpin.

Love the guy, and he's still been playing at a high level, but the age wall is coming fast.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much to build around if you are depending on Heyward as a lynchpin.

Love the guy, and he's still been playing at a high level, but the age wall is coming fast.
Very concerned with that as well. I was tempted to say that in my post, but opted not to given he keeps on performing at such an elite level. Knock on wood, but have to imagine that sooner or later the injuries will start to take their toll.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very concerned with that as well. I was tempted to say that in my post, but opted not to given he keeps on performing at such an elite level. Knock on wood, but have to imagine that sooner or later the injuries will start to take their toll.

A truly amazing run at 33 years old, you usually don’t get better with age in the trenches……the wheels haven’t fallen off yet, but it’s a coming…..

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A truly amazing run at 33 years old, you usually don’t get better with age in the trenches……the wheels haven’t fallen off yet, but it’s a coming…..
Yeah his ascent is crazy. Just doesnt happen. Hes a fricken warrior.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This lady is typically 80-90% full of shit.... but fwiw

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bud Dupree left, leave his ass gone. Stop recycling players. If they were that good, why let them leave in the first place!!!

Maximus Rex

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,357.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bud Dupree left, leave his ass gone. Stop recycling players. If they were that good, why let them leave in the first place!!!
Good to see you around again, Psych, it's been a while.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see you around again, Psych, it's been a while.
2nd what Rex said... Always glad to see ya around Psych! :suds:

Even IF you still aren't allowed within 100 yards of a school or public park. :D

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd what Rex said... Always glad to see ya around Psych! :suds:

Even IF you still aren't allowed within 100 yards of a school or public park. :D
You still upset that Balbricker grabbed your willy when you stuck it the girls locker room I see.....