• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason...Staff, FA, Draft Outlook

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins can have him! Please!

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my God, I'd be happy cutting bait on Tomlin outright.

The possibility of getting a draft pick for him? Almost too good to be true.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the signed Robert Spillane again to fill the practice squad spot.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers place Stephon Tuitt on IR, bring back DE L.T. Walton | TribLIVE.com

Good move bringing back Walton. Serviceable player that knows the system well, just 1 year removed.

@ATL96Steeler

I didn't see this coming.

I thought...Alualu moves into the starting job, Hargrave fills in some rotation snaps at DE, and Buggs gets the rest.

So with them choosing Buggs over Walton initially, what happens now to the rotation? I guess Buggs continues to be inactive? Or is LT another depth guy?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see this coming.

I thought...Alualu moves into the starting job, Hargrave fills in some rotation snaps at DE, and Buggs gets the rest.

So with them choosing Buggs over Walton initially, what happens now to the rotation? I guess Buggs continues to be inactive? Or is LT another depth guy?
For now I would think they'll give Buggs & McCullers the lion's share of the scraps... Walton, at least to me, seems more like an insurance policy. If those guys struggle, then they know Walton is a capable plug & play guy (or at least should be). If they see a need to improve the run defense in regards to these depth guys, then I expect we'll see a lot more of a rotation.

I just hope they don't keep Heyward, Alualu & Hargrave in there for >90% of snaps. Those dudes will get gassed quickly.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For now I would think they'll give Buggs & McCullers the lion's share of the scraps... Walton, at least to me, seems more like an insurance policy. If those guys struggle, then they know Walton is a capable plug & play guy (or at least should be). If they see a need to improve the run defense in regards to these depth guys, then I expect we'll see a lot more of a rotation.

I just hope they don't keep Heyward, Alualu & Hargrave in there for >90% of snaps. Those dudes will get gassed quickly.

Yeah...they already know they needed to be give Heyward and Tuitt some rest and we were seeing that with Alualu getting about 20 snaps per game on avg prior to the LAC game.

I don't see them going away from that entirely due to this injury, so Buggs is going to probably be in that 15 to 25 snapcount range if needed Hargrave could pick up an additional 10 snaps or so at DE and maybe McCullers picks up his slack at NT.

I don't really expect many snaps from LT either with him coming in off the street basically.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So if they planned on doing this all along why didn’t they try going after Josh Gordon?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ That is my only assumption that are confident with Johnson/Washington and for some reason want to keep Holton on the roster.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ That is my only assumption that are confident with Johnson/Washington and for some reason want to keep Holton on the roster.
there has been zero indication washington is anything. I went on record in pre-season that he was a bust. Then he balled out in a pre-season game and i got googly eyes. I should of stuck with my gut. He hasnt shown anything to warrant really being a top 3 receiver.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there has been zero indication washington is anything. I went on record in pre-season that he was a bust. Then he balled out in a pre-season game and i got googly eyes. I should of stuck with my gut. He hasnt shown anything to warrant really being a top 3 receiver.
Totally agree I was the same way with him. And as we know Tomlin, also got the googly eyes this week due to the few blocks he had even though he couldn't catch anything near him.