• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bucs in Arrowhead

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mop this game up, please. 8-2 would be a very nice way to start the season, and keeps a semi-comfortable margin in terms of just making the playoffs. Justin Houston is trending to play in this game, so that should be very interesting.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's the health of the team?

Sure would be nice to beat up rapeist and then roll in to oakland in the lead of the AFC West.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's the health of the team?

Sure would be nice to beat up rapeist and then roll in to oakland in the lead of the AFC West.
The NFL has this bullshit designation change so now Questionable doesn't mean hardly anything; probable is no longer a thing. The rest of the questionables I have no idea about. Winchester the LS might not play since his dad got murdered.

Main names are Maclin (out) Howard (doubtful) and Winchester-- the longsnapper-- is questionable as his father just got murdered.

Rest of the questionables should play, imo

Full list here:

Week 11 Injury Report: Jeremy Maclin Ruled Out, Several Listed as Questionable 

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maclin still being out is rough. Need some play makers.

I didn't hear about the murder. That sucks.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs inactive players for today's game against Tampa Bay:
CB Marcus Peters
WR Jeremy Maclin

RB Bishop Sankey
QB Tyler Bray
OL Mike Person
DL Jaye Howard
LB Dadi Nicolas

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's a bit more like it...

another case though of the Chiefs playing down to an opponent imho...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think the Chiefs are playing down to anyone. They are a very beatable team without their stars. They aren't a team that can take a couple of injuries because they have a franchise QB. They are a team thats as good as the guys they can put out on the field. They are routinely losing 2-1 in yards to opposing teams.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have a QB throwing for over 9 yards an attempt, and a primary back averaging 4.5, you would think you'd be putting up points. Apparently not the case. Redzone failure continues to be a problem. Stalling right outside of FG range and the worst redzone INT I've seen in quite some time are on pace to tank the outing.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is making me :L pretty hard. Opting to not kick a FG and entirely horrible pick in the endzone, where a FG gives a lead.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, that INT in the endzone is now the difference in the game in spirit. Gross.
Yeah, thats really the takeaway from this game. You do something like that and lose 90% of the time. Like how Carolina lost last week.

Chiefs are really fortunate to have the record they do. They have played like a .500 team this year. I think they have the talent to do whatever they want if they have everyone on the field but these 2-3 stars out every week just isnt going to cut it.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously disheartening to see the Bucs hold onto the ball as long as they did TOP wise and in passing situations. This team is in disarray defensively and the offense doesn't have the field general to compensate with any consistency.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the criticism of Smith is generally that he was bad vs Tampa Bay (there are a lot of things that indicate that's not really true) but he didn't really blow the doors off Tampa Bay this offense probably should on paper; and that underachieving is why people are very frustrated with him and the offense. If Smith just played like he did against the Bucs, it'd probably end up doing a decent job. It's the dumpster fires like against the Texans, Panthers, and Steelers that net Smith criticism. The Jets game I'll give a pass just because the game encourages conservative play with how poor Fitzpatrick was playing.

You have a RB with a 5.0 YPC

You have a probowl TE

You have an emerging deep threat in Tyreek Hill

You have a tackle combo that gave up 0 pressures

It's at home

Regardless of the defense never getting off the field, why couldn't the offense blow the doors off of TB's depleted defense? It's not a matter of lacking talent. I think that quite rightly brings up a lot of questions and frustrations. This should not be an offense that sucks. This looks quite a bit like 2013 or 2014's offense despite quite obviously better talent.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the criticism of Smith is generally that he was bad vs Tampa Bay (there are a lot of things that indicate that's not really true) but he didn't really blow the doors off Tampa Bay this offense probably should on paper; and that underachieving is why people are very frustrated with him and the offense. If Smith just played like he did against the Bucs, it'd probably end up doing a decent job. It's the dumpster fires like against the Texans, Panthers, and Steelers that net Smith criticism. The Jets game I'll give a pass just because the game encourages conservative play with how poor Fitzpatrick was playing.

You have a RB with a 5.0 YPC

You have a probowl TE

You have an emerging deep threat in Tyreek Hill

You have a tackle combo that gave up 0 pressures

It's at home

Regardless of the defense never getting off the field, why couldn't the offense blow the doors off of TB's depleted defense? It's not a matter of lacking talent. I think that quite rightly brings up a lot of questions and frustrations. This should not be an offense that sucks. This looks quite a bit like 2013 or 2014's offense despite quite obviously better talent.

Understand the frustration. I have listened to a lot of retired OL players talk about the Broncos OL and how on paper they look so much better than last year's rag tag group. Yet at this point they are underachieving. I really thought going into this season the Broncos run game would look much more like a classic Kubiak running game of being a top-10 unit and really work to carry this offense with a young QB. That hasn't happened one bit and this offense has maybe played at the same level the Broncos got last year.

On paper yeah I thought the Chiefs would actually progress on offense and be a top-10 unit this year and the defense would take a step back. Yet what we see is the offense took a step back and the defense is still having to carry this team and pull out some crazy wins. Honestly Chiefs remind me of the Broncos from last year of getting those crazy turnovers that turn into points and win some close battles. Just frustrating watching our 2 teams that just seem so close yet maybe look like 1-2 players away from truly being that Super Bowl favorite.