• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bucs aren’t interested in trading Josh Johnson

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame them.

NFL.com Blogs Blog Archive Bucs backup QB Johnson sticking around
Bucs backup QB Johnson sticking around

The Buccaneers aren’t interested in trading backup QB Josh Johnson, general manager Mark Dominik said Tuesday.

Johnson has been considered an intriguing option by other teams and is coming off another strong preseason showing. He would be an upgrade for some teams as a No. 2 QB, and while teams make calls on Johnson, Dominik said he has no plans to trade him.

“I’m not calling clubs, I’ll tell you that,” he said.

Dominik said he would like to sign Johnson, a potential free agent a year from now, but understands his desire to push for a starting job elsewhere.

“That’s the beauty of free agency,” Dominik said.

In the meantime, the Bucs believe they have one of the best young QB duos in the NFL in Johnson and starter Josh Freeman.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why kap should start all year to see what he has to offer. Im not saying make a decision after just one year but you gotta see what he's got. If he starts and we feel the need then we can pursue johnson. But see what he's gonna look like first.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnson will look for a starting gig elsewhere. The Niners should have 1 available(or at least open competition). Sounds like a perfect match.

But it doesn't make sense for the Bucs to trade him. They won't get anything higher then a 4th rounder(that seems high). Better to have a good backup option in case Freeman gets injured.