• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bruins bend Rangers over the couch, take devastating 3-0 lead: Yanks & Sox both lose

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tough day for NY pete

i understand

PeteNYC

Smart!Rich!Good Looking!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tough day for NY pete

i understand

Not really - but whatever makes you feel better.

I am off to be Rich, Good looking & Smart - catch you all later.

I will leave you with a few things I learned last night:
"the Astros didn't lose any ground to the Rangers last night, and they have a bunch of head to head games so Astros fans shouldn't be worried about being in last place" - Texas Heat

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was on here before you. JETS too

but this is what NYers have been reduced to, whining about our attendance. we're not here enough or now we're here too early...

delphic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game, Rock.

If the Penguins lose to OTT (looks likely) I will be rooting for the Bruins. They look like a complete team.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game, Rock.

If the Penguins lose to OTT (looks likely) I will be rooting for the Bruins. They look like a complete team.

man

11 mins left in that game 7, down 3 goals

the team has entirely changed since

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the shittiest 5 minutes I've had as a sports fan in quite some time. First, McClouth ends the Yankee game, then Pialle stuffs in the facemask rebound.

Fuck me. I'll be the first to admit I grossly underestimated the Bruins. Since the end of period 3, game 1, they've dominated this series, and the series standing show it.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really - but whatever makes you feel better.

I am off to be Rich, Good looking & Smart - catch you all later.

you must not be a yankees or rangers fan then

my apologies for confusing you for a fan

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the shittiest 5 minutes I've had as a sports fan in quite some time. First, McClouth ends the Yankee game, then Pialle stuffs in the facemask rebound.

Fuck me. I'll be the first to admit I grossly underestimated the Bruins. Since the end of period 3, game 1, they've dominated this series, and the series standing show it.

tough night for you my friend

i think i (and most boston fans not named snoogins, with his "sweep in every sport" predictions) underestimated this team

i honestly thought 6 or 7

this may be a sweep, and a devastating one...rangers will be torn down and rebuilt after this

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys remember that sport they play in NY a lot where they bounce a ball a lot and put it in a hoop? remember fans of that NY bouncing ball team said the roster was deep and complete?

me too

Boeheim: Melo can't do it alone

Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim remains a big fan of Carmelo Anthony and closely follows the superstar NBA player who led his Orange to the 2003 national title.
But after Anthony's latest ouster from the playoffs, Boeheim is convinced the forward will continue to fall short of a championship if the New York Knicks maintain the core of their current lineup.

"Not on that team," Boeheim told the Syracuse Post-Standard over the weekend. "He did what he can do. He played very well the final game. Everybody's killing him, but Tyson Chandler just didn't try to catch the ball.
"He threw him the ball and Tyson Chandler went like this," Boeheim told the newspaper as he made a dodging motion in an office chair at the Carmelo K. Anthony Center. "He was wide open. He should have been looking for the ball right here. Kenyon Martin should have been looking for the ball.
"They both went like this," Boeheim said as he dodged again, according to the Post-Standard. "Carmelo gets turnovers and the announcers aren't smart enough to even think, 'Well, the guy should try to catch the ball.'"
Anthony capped the postseason with a 39-point performance in the Knicks' Game 6 loss to the Indiana Pacers. His season scoring average of 28.7 fell just short of his career high of 28.9 during the 2006-07 season with the Denver Nuggets.
"He can't do it by himself," Boeheim told ESPN's "Mike and Mike in the Morning" on Tuesday. "And by the way, neither has anyone else ... Go through the list and history. Every great player had a great player with him that's won an NBA title. I think you can look pretty closely at that."

Boeheim cited Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and all-time greats who had Hall of Fame-worthy complementary players during their championship runs.
"Do the Knicks, right now, as they're constituted right now, have a great player with Carmelo?" Boeheim said. "I'm not going to answer that. I'm just going to say that. I believe that he's good enough to win an NBA championship, but he needs another guy with him. Hopefully he'll get that opportunity with him some day."
During this postseason, he shot 40 percent from the floor in 12 postseason games after making 45 percent in the regular season, his third with the Knicks. Anthony got beat up in the playoffs, suffering a left shoulder injury that will require an MRI, according to general manager Glen Grunwald.
"When he went to New York, I remember telling him clearly that if you lose, it's going to be your fault no matter what scenario is out there," Boeheim said on "Mike & Mike". "That's what you have to deal with in New York when you're the star player."

Boeheim said the Knicks needed Anthony, Raymond Felton and J.R. Smith to play at the top of their games every game to have a chance at winning this season.
"Those guys weren't great players where they were and now they're asking them to be second and third options," Boeheim said, according to the Syracuse newspaper. "In Miami the second and third options are Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. Your fourth option is Ray Allen, who is still in good shape. Your fifth option is Shane Battier, who is still a good player. The New York Knicks have who?"
But Boeheim's focus was on Chandler -- his former 2012 United States Olympic team player when Boeheim was an assistant coach -- as the reason for the Knicks' relative failures, saying "they're getting nothing but older."
"Tyson Chandler claims he never gets the ball. He doesn't try to get the ball," Boeheim said.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tough night for you my friend

i think i (and most boston fans not named snoogins, with his "sweep in every sport" predictions) underestimated this team

i honestly thought 6 or 7

this may be a sweep, and a devastating one...rangers will be torn down and rebuilt after this

Doubt it.

You have to remember this is a team that led the NHL in payroll for 6-7 years earlier in the 2000s and didn't even make the playoffs. This is major progress relative to that. They've got some good, young, pieces, but they have to get better on the offensive/PP side. That's been exposed big time these last few days.

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nasty is excluded from any bashing of the NY fan base by me today and in the future. And there will be a lot of it.

Thank You

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt it.

You have to remember this is a team that led the NHL in payroll for 6-7 years earlier in the 2000s and didn't even make the playoffs. This is major progress relative to that. They've got some good, young, pieces, but they have to get better on the offensive/PP side. That's been exposed big time these last few days.

torts is gone, he has to be

it aint just the PP

its the scheme, and the defense too

forwards and PP have little to to with the 45 breakaways the bruins had last night.

torts is a dead man walking...players have basically turned on him

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nasty is excluded from any bashing of the NY fan base by me today and in the future. And there will be a lot of it.

Thank You

word

nasty always gets held to a different standard

because hes sane and makes sense, which is rare in that fanbase

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
word

nasty always gets held to a different standard

because hes sane and makes sense, which is rare in that fanbase

Yep.

He's the Me of their fan base. :becky:

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NEW YORK -- Nick Gilbert and the Cleveland Cavaliers have beaten the NBA lottery odds again.
The Cavaliers won the lottery for the second time in three years Tuesday, giving them the No. 1 pick for the June 27 draft.
Gilbert, owner Dan Gilbert's bowtie-wearing 16-year-old son, was on stage for another victory. After he won it in 2011, the Cavs used the pick to take eventual Rookie of the Year Kyrie Irving.
"Kyrie is a hell of a player ... but this also felt almost as good," Nick Gilbert said. "That was the first time. This is the second time, but man does it feel good to get the first pick this last time. Get that last player to give us a push."

The Orlando Magic fell back one spot to No. 2, while the Washington Wizards vaulted from the No. 8 spot to third.
Ten years after winning the lottery that landed them LeBron James, the Cavaliers picked up another opportunity to help speed up the rebuilding process since his departure to Miami in 2010.
The potential No. 1 pick this year, Kentucky freshman Nerlens Noel, is no James. But he could be a nice addition for the Cavs once he's recovered from a torn ACL -- if they keep the pick. They also have Nos. 19, 31 and 33 for new coach Mike Brown, who they rehired after firing Byron Scott following a 24-58 season.

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
603718_534760989903467_103131850_n.jpg
Bucknell's Anthony Gingerelli Named to the Patriot League All Star Team.

my nephew, future Red Sox stud

Village Plumber

Consider it circumcised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case you forgot that NBA refs are in the pocket of David Stern, see: that flagrant foul call at the end of regulation last night

Was tough to see the Yankees pull a Blue Jays and lose