• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns want RGIII

augustisback003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not sure they have to trade up to get him but if Miami and Washington throw their hat into the ring for the play maker they may have to do just that.

excerpt~

Report: Browns want Robert Griffin III

By Jamison Hensley
How much do the Browns like Heisman Trophy winner Robert Griffin III?

The NFL Network predicts that the Browns will trade up two spots to No. 2 overall to take Griffin. "Cleveland needs Griffin -- and wants him," league sources told The NFL Network.

It's no secret that the Browns are contemplating drafting a quarterback. Team officials gave a vote of no confidence to last year's starter, Colt McCoy, when they announced there will be an open competition for the job next season.

But there have been mixed reports on whether Griffin would fit into Pat Shurmur's West Coast offense and whether the Browns are set at taking a quarterback with the fourth overall pick. There has been speculation that Cleveland might take Oklahoma State wide receiver Justin Blackmon or LSU cornerback Morris Claiborne with that pick. And there's always the possibility that the Browns could trade out of the top 10 like they did last year.
AFC North Blog - ESPN

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I do not want to see RGIII in a Browns uni...I like Colt McCoy just fine.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3 will be picked 2nd no matter what. If they want him they'll have to trade up.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be fun to watch the Browns castrate RGIII by placing him in Pat Shurmur's horizontal offense with no receivers and no running backs. But hey..... At least the offensive line will be able to protect him while he is throwing 2 yard outs to guys that can't catch.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be fun to watch the Browns castrate RGIII by placing him in Pat Shurmur's horizontal offense with no receivers and no running backs. But hey..... At least the offensive line will be able to protect him while he is throwing 2 yard outs to guys that can't catch.

This amazes me to no end. How NFL people can't see how to build AROUND a QB and get a QB that FITS into their system.

I actually think McCoy would be a very good QB for them. Their OL was mauled this year by injuries, as was the RB position. They have no WR's, and no TE's to help McCoy out.

The defense isn't that bad.

It's like the Bengals taking Klingler...WC offense for a Run-Shoot-Spread QB...dumb. We can debate all day how good Klinger really was/would have been, but the fact remains that it was a terrible match.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've had this conversation with somebody before. I'm absolutely convinced that there have been a lot of players who are considered busts and never got a chance simply because they were drafted by the wrong team.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had this conversation with somebody before. I'm absolutely convinced that there have been a lot of players who are considered busts and never got a chance simply because they were drafted by the wrong team.

Couldn't agree with you more.

When you draft a player, how well he fits into the system is just as important as the skill level that player brings. When you look at teams like Pitt, NE, IND, for years they have brought in "lesser" players, but they fit their scheme perfectly. This is why they've been able to maintain success. THIS is where the lack of scouting hurts the Bengals.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're saying having one scout is a so called "lack of scouting"???

daytonbenglfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
C'mon Kramer. Everyone knows who the good players are. No need for scouts. A waste of money and perfectly good PBS space.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Mike Brown has an ESPN Insider sub. That's all you really need.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he and Ralph Wilson probably just share the same account - It's cost effective and ESPN doesn't monitor it too closely.