• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns QB Johnny Manziel says 'don't think im doing anything wrong'

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,618.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rookie quarterback Johnny Manziel said he's tired of being the object of constant attention when he's out and about during his free time.

He also added that he's not changing for anybody.

"I want to wake up with a week and not have my name going through something," he said Friday at the NFL's Play 60 youth clinic at the Cleveland Browns' facility. "And I'm working on getting better at that, but if I want to go back home and spend time with my friends or go out and enjoy my weekends, I absolutely have the right to do that."

Manziel has become a bit of a lightning rod thanks to social media, which has captured him during his weekends away from Cleveland doing things as varied as holding a "money phone" and spraying champagne from an inflatable swan. The regularity of Manziel's weekend soirees prompted Hall of Famers Emmitt Smith and Joe Montana to weigh in that perhaps Manziel might want to dial things back a bit.

"Nothing that I'm doing on the weekends is affecting my job," he said. "Nothing that I'm doing on the weekends is hopefully hurting any of my teammates in the locker room."

Source: ESPN