• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browner out "indefinitely"

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to say it but he was blowing coverage in some games,Pete sat him in one if i recall.

Last edited by a moderator:

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I have heard its a fairly significant injury and could be season ending.

As much as I love Browner and the attitude he brings, I think he's the one starter on the defense thats easily replaceable. Thurmond, Maxwell and Lane are all quality corners. We are also 6-0 the last two years without Browner including 2 wins over the Niners :).

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't kill us, but don't underestimate how good he is against big physical receivers. Having him at the other corner on heavy press coverage is better than the other options against some specific receivers.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is so quick to dismiss Browner and the impact it could have on our defense. One potential match up that Browner could have been utilized effectively is the Saints game.

They have Jimmy Graham and Marques Colston who are 6'7 and 6'4. These are perfect match ups for Sherman and Browner to take on. The knock on Browner is his speed so guarding guys like Ty Hilton he's bound to get burned. Going against Colston who is more physical and less of a burner...Browner would have been able to handle him.

Now with Browner out we are going to have to see Thurmond (5'11) on Colston and Lane or Maxwell on Kenny Stills

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think just hearing the words "groin injury" makes everybody cringe a little bit and as we saw with the Bears game, you don't want to bring guys with that type of injury back before they're 100% healed. Cutler came back early from his and tried to play through it. Not only did the injury prevent him from being the quarterback people are used to him being, it probably contributed to the ankle injury he now has on top of the groin injury. I commend him for wanting to come back to help his team and trying to play through it, but Trestman should never have let him play this week. It's not like McCown was terrible in Cutler's absence and he almost led the Bears to at least overtime after he came in yesterday when Trestman finally did pull Cutler.

The point is... there's no sense in bringing Browner back any sooner than his body will allow him to come back without either hurting himself further or hurting the team. Yeah, it would be nice to have him available for some of these big, physical receivers, but I don't want him back if he's still injured. I'm not worried about him coming back too soon, though, because Carroll and co. have been deliberate and maybe even overly cautious in bringing back their injured players and I have to think that they'll be that way with Browner too.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad to see Browner go down. You guys should check this out though, these are very talented and smart group of players.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwCZ1ioSnw4]Seahawks DBs - Legion of Boom - UNCUT - YouTube[/ame]

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While we're on the subject of the LOB... kudos to the graphics person for Fox Sports for putting up "Legion of Boom" instead of Defensive Backfield or whatever it is they usually put up for a team's corners and safeties. That was a nice touch.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to say it but he was blowing coverage in some games,Pete sat him in one if i recall.

Browner played extremely well in every game except the one Pete pulled him from. Losing him is a blow. Thurmond should fill in nicely but Browner is still an excellent corner.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browner played extremely well in every game except the one Pete pulled him from. Losing him is a blow. Thurmond should fill in nicely but Browner is still an excellent corner.

Couple of games if I remembered correctly. The Colts picked on him all day with TY Hilton and then it happened again during the Titans game with Kendall Wright. It was then that Pete decided to pull Browner. I felt like he was never really up to speed this season after missing the first two games with hamstring issues and now the groin injury. Browner is huge for us no doubt, but I've been impressed with Thurmond during the times Browner is out.

The depth of this secondary is insane.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt mean to say Browner wasnt a good corner or we wouldnt miss him. I just think its the one starting spot on the D where the drop off isnt incredible. I wish him a speedy recovery and hope he is somehow at least ready by playoff time.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how Therald Simon is doing on the PUP but either him or Deshawn Shead could be activated if Browner is an IR situation.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have depth there so we'll be fine… But Browner is a physical guy vs big receivers… Hopefully it's not season ending and he'll be back… Still plenty of time left in the season…

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB has been getting burnt on some of the recievers especially the smaller ones but like someone said earlier he is a physical corner and we WILL need him against Jimmy Graham and Marquese Colston he is good when you need someone to get physical with on the offense end of the ball that will slow down the recievers game making him earn yards rather then feel good "get in the zone" and have a big night

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs to rest up and hopefully we can get him back in the playoffs. We may need him against Megatron.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is so quick to dismiss Browner and the impact it could have on our defense. One potential match up that Browner could have been utilized effectively is the Saints game.

They have Jimmy Graham and Marques Colston who are 6'7 and 6'4. These are perfect match ups for Sherman and Browner to take on. The knock on Browner is his speed so guarding guys like Ty Hilton he's bound to get burned. Going against Colston who is more physical and less of a burner...Browner would have been able to handle him.

Now with Browner out we are going to have to see Thurmond (5'11) on Colston and Lane or Maxwell on Kenny Stills

I couldn't have put this any better myself. I don't know how much of a threat Colston is going to pose, he's been pretty inconsistent this season. The Pats shut down Graham with Talib, but still gave up a lot of points so obviously there is more to the Saints offense than just Graham. It might come down to Wagner, Wright, and Irvin keeping track of Sproles and Thomas.

EducAsian69

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is next man up. Hate to say it, but the most dispensable player on the LOB is Browner. It is pretty much a foregone conclusion that the Seahawks were going to let Browner walk after this season. He turns 30 next year and wouldn't be worth keeping when we still have to extend Sherm and ET. I think Pete & Schneider drafted Tharold Simon with the idea that he would eventually replace BB down the road. I agree with the OP that losing Browner does not pose much of a drop off. Walter Thurmond has been ballin all year and I have confidence he will step up and be a play maker at the CB position.

EducAsian69

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad to see Browner go down. You guys should check this out though, these are very talented and smart group of players.

Seahawks DBs - Legion of Boom - UNCUT - YouTube

This was a very cool video....but with the other 3 members of the LOB speaking so eloquently, it kinda made BB look kinda dumb, lol. BB barely spoke, but when he did, he didn't sound so bright.....

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesnt sound like there is anyway he would be ready by the Saint game. I know its still over two weeks away but groin injuries are typcially a month at least. Plus with the way injuries have been handled with this team they will handle it with caution.
As nice it would be to have him for Grahmn and Colston, Sproles scares me more then anyone on their offense. When he went out against the Jets the offense struggled and he's an almost impossible matchup for any linebacker.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a very cool video....but with the other 3 members of the LOB speaking so eloquently, it kinda made BB look kinda dumb, lol. BB barely spoke, but when he did, he didn't sound so bright.....

Yup, I wanted to say something along that line about Browner, but decided not to. LOL. :L