• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Broncos Week

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should have started this thread a week or two ago, but here's a thread for everything from pregame to post game of the Broncos game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone else noticed that Bailey is Doubtful at this point in time? I would imagine that the Chiefs could use any advantage we can get on offense as the 2013 D going against the 2013 Denver O is a huge unknown, and I don't think anyone honestly knows what will happen; the matchups are too close and numerous to make any judgment.

I expect Poe to handle Manny Ramirez and draw double teams (as usual) and hopefully, this will prevent Manning from stepping into throws and allowing Hali and Houston a better chance to sack and/or force an errant throw.

I don't expect to see any max protection looks from Denver. Max protection doesn't really appear to mesh with their philosophy on offense (or even pass protection for that matter) and they would rather spread the field and sit in Shotgun where Manning is probably the most effective imo. I am absolutely thrilled with the matchups Hali and Houston will have on the outside. However, this is all moot if the coverage fails and Manning can breeze by with the 2.35 seconds before release he averages presently. The good news for KC is that the matchup with the receivers aren't half bad at all in theory. Flowers will be on Welker, Cooper will be on Decker, Smith will be on D. Thomas, and Berry and I would imagine a linebacker (Johnson?) would cover Julius Thomas. Great players beget great matchups, it should be a blast to watch the Denver O and KC D clash Sunday Night.

The Chiefs are giving up 4.44 YPC to RB's ( Sorry Peyton, you aren't a running threat) this year. A great deal of those yards came to backs like Spiller, Jackson, and McCoy, but I would be naïve to assume the Run D is good, but it certainly has appeared solid in certain games, and horrible in others. This bi-polar nature of the nature of the Run D to RB's can be supported if you subtract Spiller, Jackson, and McCoy where the YPC to RB's would be 3.37. Obviously, the 3.37 number leaves out the guys responsible for blowing up those numbers in the first place, but the gap is so large it does lead one to ponder if Average to below average RB's can exploit the Defense. Clearly, Very good and/or Elite RB's have been able to gash the defense, but other teams did not have anything even close to the production of the three RB's I listed against KC. It will be interesting if Moreno and Co can exploit the Run D for KC, I am not entirely convinced given that Denver's backs profile closer to guys who were held in check by the Run D... Moreno is not to be confused with Spiller, Jackson, or McCoy in any way, shape, or form in my personal opinion.

A great deal of this is really an unknown that is so vague I can't say I would feel comfortable speculating about, but as I said before, it should be an interesting matchup.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, apparently there are different ways to calculate release times:

Cecil Lammey @cecillammey Follow
average time before pass (TBP) #Broncos Peyton Manning no1 2.86 seconds, league average is 3.52 seconds #NFL
[ame="https://twitter.com/cecillammey/statuses/401469954198740992"]4:01 PM - 15 Nov 2013[/ame]

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh, the Denver Post has never been mistaken for anything insightful in my book.

Used to be better than it's been the past few years, but Kiszla has always been a hack. Personally, I think that the KC defense is pretty good, despite not having faced an offense the caliber of Denver's. Can't wait for the game tomorrow night.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Used to be better than it's been the past few years, but Kiszla has always been a hack. Personally, I think that the KC defense is pretty good, despite not having faced an offense the caliber of Denver's. Can't wait for the game tomorrow night.

There are some awesome matchups across the board, it is going to be a fun game as a fan and maybe even to rewatch just to see individual matchups. I can't say I would do that very often. Should be a tough game for both sides I would imagine with Denver probably coming up on top at home.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some awesome matchups across the board, it is going to be a fun game as a fan and maybe even to rewatch just to see individual matchups. I can't say I would do that very often. Should be a tough game for both sides I would imagine with Denver probably coming up on top at home.

Knowing that we have to go to KC in two weeks is another aspect that makes it so interesting. Combine that with KC's one-game lead in the standings and it seems to me that there is clearly more pressure on Denver to win tomorrow. Can't wait.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually agreed with most of the things said in there (minus the typos) it certainly communicated its point. I disagree that Flowers will be matched up against Deckter/D.Thomas if the Chiefs have a say in the matter. I 100% agree that there is a definite tradeoff with the aggression on this defense. Heck, we even saw that against Buffalo, granted, coverage and poor deep-balls, but the D prevailed anyways.

Nice find there, I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for this site.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Let's, get it on, whooooo" Marvin Gaye

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly want these next 3 weeks to blow over so fast now. The hype with KC vs Den is quickly turning into a circus of media attention I would rather avoid.

Yeah, but...

These two teams have been on a collision course for weeks now with most folks saying the Chiefs record has been built with smoke and mirrors. Remember, the media has practically given Pay-Tons and the Donkos the Lombardi before the season even started. In all honesty I'd say that if the Chiefs give 'em a good game in their own house I think that's a plus...

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did NOT write this, but found and wanted to share:

These aren't your Carl Peterson/Scott Pioli Chiefs.

Every week I've seen some sort of historical trend thrown out as a reason to why the Chiefs are going to lose.

JAX: Chiefs are 4-14 in the hot state of Florida. 1-4 in Jacksonville.
DAL: Chiefs haven't beaten the Cowboys since 1998.
PHI: Chiefs haven't beaten the Eagles since 1998. Eagles have never scored less than 17 points against KC.
NYG: Chiefs are 2-10 all time versus the Giants. Chiefs have never beat Eli Manning. Haven't beaten NY since 1995.
TEN: Ryan Fitzpatrick is 4-1 against the Chiefs.
OAK: Raiders have won the last 6 meetings in Arrowhead.
HOU: Texans have never lost at Arrowhead. Chiefs have a history of making backup QBs look like super stars.
CLE: The one week people actually didn't have reservations about. Most expected the Chiefs to roll the Browns, even though Jason Campbell has beaten the Chiefs in Arrowhead before.
BUF: Chiefs haven't won in Ralph Wilson Stadium since 1986.

It's time to throw out those history books and realize this isn't the same Kansas City Chiefs organization from the last 30 years. The 2013 Chiefs are in uncharted territory and creating history. All those years in Philly, Andy Reid has never gone 9-0. The longest he ever remained unbeaten was 7-0. Chiefs are the first team to hold their opponents to 17 points or fewer in every game since 1977. Alex Smith is the first QB to win his first 9 games with a new team.

Whatever path the Chiefs continue to go down this year, previous history will have nothing to do with it and I for one and sick of the history of mostly sucking over the last 30 years being the reason why some believe THIS Chiefs team will not continue to win. The stench of those years has been eradicated. New GM, new coach, hell even the owner is relatively new. The culture of the 70's, 80's, 90's, and 00's Chiefs franchise is dead and buried. I don't see the storied successful history of the Pittsburgh Steelers or New York Giants generating any wins for them this season. So you can take your "Chiefs haven't won a playoff game since 1993" and stuff it up your pee hole.

This game is setup to be equally against the Chiefs historically. Hopefully, KC defies history once more. History is a little more beatable than Father Time.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kickoff coverage needs to be sharp with Holliday a major threat.