• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Broncos vs. Dolphins...time for our sharks to feast

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it most of you cant stand me on this message board but guess what you will just have to deal with it because I'm not going anywhere. I will post what I want when I want and if you don't like it I suggest you don't read it or block me completely. Oh ya I forgot "Just saying." Go broncos!!!

Post whatever you like. We'll criticize you and you'll just have to deal with it because we're not going anywhere. If you can't take criticism of your posts, I suggest you don't read it or block everyone completely.

Just saying.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I'm saying is be respectful just like I expect any other Bronco fan on here to act towards any poster that comes here unless they are actively trolling then I say fire away all you want. If the Broncos don't win the Super Bowl this year then yes I agree there need to be some changes. I agree this team has the talent to win a Super Bowl so if they do not get it done then they need to start looking at some other ways they can improve this team. I have no problem with JDR not being here next year if things don't show some improvement. I'm actually all in on the idea of bringing in a very controversial name if he gets fired but I would love to see Rex Ryan in here with this talent. He has a terrible group of players this year and although they are losing the defense especially the front 7 are playing some of the best of any group in the NFL in my opinion. I think he could get plenty out of Miller/Ware combo plus get some great work out of young guys like Sly Williams. But we shall see how the rest of the year plays out. Del Rio has shown times of being a very good defensive caller as his 2012 season I think was some of his best work. Took a very young unit learning a brand new scheme and got the most out of them to produce a top-5 defense.

I would love to see Rex Ryan brought in. The man knows how to coach a defense.

I was rewatching the Dolphins game and a couple of things stood out to me. Basically, the defense wasn't as awful as I thought. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they had a good game, but they weren't absolutely dreadful. They had some bad fumble luck (3 fumbles on one drive they couldn't recover!), they had a near miss pick 6 from Harris, and they had an interception that they then fumbled away that didn't matter because of a defensive penalty. But that's at least 3 turnovers that they barely missed out on.

What's more, although the first drive was terrible, they weren't awful after that. Miami made some really good plays. On one third down, Von Miller had a sack that Tannehill was somehow able to complete a pass as he was falling. Not only that, the coverage was great, but the pass was right on the money and the receiver made a great play to hang onto the ball. There were several plays like that where the Broncos had pretty good defense but the Dolphins just managed to make plays.

The red zone defense was pretty bad, but the Dolphins did start 2 drives in Denver territory. The defense actually made some nice adjustments and played pretty well in the second half. They made stops that allowed the offense back in the game and forced a huge turnover that allowed the Broncos to seal it.

The bottom line is, although the defense didn't have a good game by any stretch of the imagination, it wasn't really as disastrous as I first thought.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah this is where when you go back and watch the game with a little less emotion you can actually see a few things that you missed before. To me I look at how the defense made adjustments in that 2nd half and if it was not for the muffed punt there is a chance we actually shut out Miami in the 2nd half with that defense. Throw in the defense actually held them on that drive but a stupid penalty by Ward gave them new life that otherwise should have just been a field goal. Like you said throw in the horrible luck on turnovers where all 4 fumbles went the way of Miami and this game was very close to being a blow out. Honestly in that game we were just about as unlucky as could be but still pulled out the win.

Also like you said I think above anything else I was left impressed by Tannehil. The man was spot on with his throws even when we had great coverage of getting it into his receivers. Just a little off one way or the other and our 3rd down defense goes from looking terrible to pretty darn good. I don't see many quarterbacks being that accurate against us. Even so the defense still hung there. I would say the one thing with our defense that did disappoint big time was more the run defense. For the 2nd week in a row we allowed a team to gash through what is supposed to be a great run defense. I think we are missing Irving right now as he was a big part of why we had such a great run defense. Our DL though got pushed back so need to see them stand a little stronger especially this week against the Chiefs.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah this is where when you go back and watch the game with a little less emotion you can actually see a few things that you missed before. To me I look at how the defense made adjustments in that 2nd half and if it was not for the muffed punt there is a chance we actually shut out Miami in the 2nd half with that defense. Throw in the defense actually held them on that drive but a stupid penalty by Ward gave them new life that otherwise should have just been a field goal. Like you said throw in the horrible luck on turnovers where all 4 fumbles went the way of Miami and this game was very close to being a blow out. Honestly in that game we were just about as unlucky as could be but still pulled out the win.

Also like you said I think above anything else I was left impressed by Tannehil. The man was spot on with his throws even when we had great coverage of getting it into his receivers. Just a little off one way or the other and our 3rd down defense goes from looking terrible to pretty darn good. I don't see many quarterbacks being that accurate against us. Even so the defense still hung there. I would say the one thing with our defense that did disappoint big time was more the run defense. For the 2nd week in a row we allowed a team to gash through what is supposed to be a great run defense. I think we are missing Irving right now as he was a big part of why we had such a great run defense. Our DL though got pushed back so need to see them stand a little stronger especially this week against the Chiefs.

Even that's not as bad as it first looks. In the first quarter, the Dolphins ran the ball 8 times for 62 yards. The final 3 quarters they ran 13 times for 35 yards. The Broncos allowed 7.75 yards per carry in the first quarter and 2.69 yards the rest of the way.

Can't have a quarter that bad against the Chiefs, though. That's a good way to let the game get out of hand quickly.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Man, I agree Denver has had some pretty bad luck/great passes thrown on them/"inches away from making big play" more this yr than I can remember. They`ve been SOOOOOO close many times and I hope they start getting some " much deserved" breaks/plays moving forward. Maybe that tip to Ward has tipped the scales now in their favor. KC would be nice time to get that going!!! 35 running plays,35 pass plays again is a great formula to do just that.:)