• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Broncos vs 49ers

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle will let go of one of their QB's. I say we grab one of them.

Question, if Seattle cuts/waives/releases Daniels does he go through the waiver system or is he free to sign with any team?

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers will most likely get the chance to bring him back. Don't see Daniels making the Seahawks roster this year.

I haven't really followed him since we cut him. How has he looked?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't really followed him since we cut him. How has he looked?

Hasn't gotten a lot of reps, but making the most out what he gets. I like him as a player, just isn't room on the roster for him this year. He looked good against the Chargers, but then all the QBs did. He's better then what the 49ers have for backups right now IMO.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B.J. will be cut by the Hawks after the third preseason game and picked by the 9ers....book it!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like BJ Daniels but not Pryor

You know I felt the same way when the Seahawks traded for him. I didn't think he had a chance of making the roster. However he's looked pretty good to date and now I think he not only makes the roster, as a third QB(something the Seahawks don't usually do) but gets a extension and next year will be in the mix for back up to Wilson. He has been impressive, much to my surprise.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, you could write in stone.

I never understood why we let him go in the first place. Daniels is Kap-lite in both his attributes as well as his problems. I love how he plays and frankly, I would LOVE to see him as a Niner again.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how well he knows the Seahawks playbook and strategies. :whistle:

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know I felt the same way when the Seahawks traded for him. I didn't think he had a chance of making the roster. However he's looked pretty good to date and now I think he not only makes the roster, as a third QB(something the Seahawks don't usually do) but gets a extension and next year will be in the mix for back up to Wilson. He has been impressive, much to my surprise.

Interesting because one of my coworkers is a Raiders fan and he knows someone in the Raiders organization. He was told Pryor was not very bright and the team had to use a lineman to call plays when Pryor was QB for the Raiders.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting because one of my coworkers is a Raiders fan and he knows someone in the Raiders organization. He was told Pryor was not very bright and the team had to use a lineman to call plays when Pryor was QB for the Raiders.

Yeah I have heard very similar thoughts on him. Physically the guy is about as gifted as it gets but he just doesn't have the head to be a starting NFL quarterback. If his first read is open every time then I think he could be an all star in this league but to ask him to read a defense and go through his progressions...well it just isn't going to happen. There is a reason even when the Raiders did not have much at the quarterback position they were so willing to get rid of him.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know I don't doubt it, he obviously wasn't ready to be a starter, and I don't think the Raiders were to bright to throw in the fire, when he wasn't ready for the job. If he makes the roster it will be as the 3rd string QB, plenty of time to coach him up and get him better, as far as knowing the playbook and going thru reads.

If it turns out he really isn't to bright, well then I don't seeing him making the roster. Seahawks could decide to keep Daniels if Pryor is actual stupid.